• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone already started cleaning their PS5 yet?

Larlight

It's been about 8 months now and I have yet to clean the system. Has anyone tried to yet and used the vacuum ports on the inside?

GymWolf

No, but i have to clean my pc, is a culinary brush* delicate enough to clean gpus and stuff?!

R-pennello-setole-cm.75.jpg

It's been about 8 months now and I have yet to clean the system. Has anyone tried to yet and used the vacuum ports on the inside?
I've yet to clean my Super NES. I've never cleaned more than the outside of my consoles and the only issue I've ever had was an early RROD.

LordOfChaos

I popped off the hoods and it was still completely clean in there. Most likely you don't need to yet unless you smoke (I even have a cat, there was almost nothing at all in there). Check more like two years in.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Just got one last Wednesday so I haven't. But I also never opened up my PS4 and ps3 so who knows what's in there! At least I don't have cockroaches cause I've heard some horror stories from New Yorkers

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Obligatory...
tenor.gif
..... I'll clean it out when I install the NVME. That's for sure. I can see dust in the front vents towards the top front, so.. it needs it inside probably even more.

GrayDock

Had since launch and cleaned last saturday, some dust here and there, mostly in the vents.
Once a week I clean the plates, those get a lot of dust.

Aenima

Nop. I usually just clean around the vents outside once a month or so. Looking to the inside of the vents still looks pretty clean. In a few years i might actually remove the plates to see how it looks.

lachesis

My place is pretty dust free, and it's sitting in a cabinet (I open up the cabinet when I do).

Actually I opened up my decade old PS3 slim to swap out my clicky fan & cmos battery - and found only very very minimum amount of dust to my surprise.

Having said so, I'm a bit more worried about my XSX, as it's sitting outside of the cabinet.
I swap it off on the top with duster all the time - but I'm more worried of dust just falling into the vent.

Mr Hyde

I've cleaned it once. Popped the panels and blew off the dust with an air can. Very easy to do. Although I keep my apartment clean and tidy I'm making it a habit to do dust off the PS5 every 6 months.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Where I am now? Nope. I got one in March of this year, I dont think it has any dust at all.

Where I used to live before Nov of last year? Whew....its dusty as hell there. I got that one launch day (pre order) and left it as a gift to family members.

Only difference are:

I have carpet now, where I was before has hard wood floors.
I dont have any pets, they have 2 cats.
Where I am now, its not near the front door, theirs is. And theirs is near the steps going upstairs.

I honestly dont know why its a night and day difference but whatever. I think their place is just dustier than mine.

Dr. Suchong

Only got mine a week ago, so I dare not even breathe near it.
I lightly tickled the glossy black part with a glasses cloth near the power button.
People whining about the faceplate colour seems ridiculous to me.
Have we forgotten the glossy console debacle of last gen?
On reflection (pun intended) that probably only applies to fusspots such as myself.
That stuff marks badly if you so much as blink near it.
I'd want to replace the glossy middle part with something more matte.
I plug the charge cable in the usb port on the back, for fear of marking the area around the one on the front.

Top Bottom