• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone here ever fallen asleep sitting upright and if so, is it something that happens to you regularly?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Some of my friends are able to sleep sitting up and sometimes dozing off sitting up and it has never happened to me once in my life. I've never in my entire life fell asleep without laying down on either a bed or couch, floor, sleeping bag or whatever. I've tried sleeping in cars during road trips and on planes and have never been able to. And I've had several times in my life where I've been up for 48+ straight hours and still can't fall asleep unless laying down. Never fallen asleep while driving either, not once. I know it happens to a lot of people and to me it's just not even fathomable. I've never just dozed off like that while actively doing some type of task.

How common is this in people not in their 70s and 80s?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
in a car or plane yes. but not sitting up anywhere else like a couch for instance.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I fall asleep sitting up pretty much daily whenever I’m at home and relaxed - when watching TV and movies, drawing, reading, surfing, and most definitely gaming. RDR2’s Arthur was thrown off the horse in the most brutal ways so many times lol

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
My wife can do it. It’s like a switch she can flip whenever she wants and pretty much instantly falls asleep.

I am beyond jealous and extremely envious

it’s basically like having if a superpower IMO

Delf

Banned
I have a neck pillow and do it at work on the when I do my monthly overnight shift.

We have an old school lazy boy tho so I usually end up turned sideways with my feet up on another chair and head on the armrest eventually.

I nearly fell asleep standing at a bus stop. My internal gravity sensors just kicked in at the right time as I was sliding down an advertising board. This was after a long day at work.

I regularly fall asleep playing games , funniest time being on Dreamcast PSO to wake up to shouting friends who couldn't proceed as they needed me to step on a disc to open a door.

Happens less now I'm older.

I've got a friend who suffers from Narcolepsy. She can just drop in the middle of a street.

Modafinil is your friend.

Top Bottom