• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone received the replacement Okami box art?

BTRA

Banned
It's been over a month and I've yet to receive anything, same with two buddies of mine. Anyone had any luck here on GAF?

Shins

Banned
Nothing yet. I asked in the Official Thread. Assumed the lack of response meant no one else had either.

Nicko

Yea, I ordered mine the 2nd day the promo had been available, and still nothing. Their website says the promo has ended, and that they hope everyone is enjoying their new art.

WHAT THE HECK!?!?!? WHERE IS MY ART?

Shins

Banned
Pojo said:
No, but in their defense, I ordered more than I was supposed to. :\ I did buy it, though.
Me too. :lol I really liked the alternates.

Figured at worst, I'd just get one. It seems I was wrong.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Bump for Acquisition

I just got mine yesterday, and they actually sent all 3 replacements. There are 2 artwork covers, and the fixed regular box art is on the flip side of both.

PolyGone

Banned
DMPrince said:
They most likely received 3x the replacement form than the actual game bought by costumers and they were like WTF?!

probably true, but they'll increase the likelihood of someone going out and actually buying it if they send the covers

CTLance

Haven't gotten mine through my proxy at the webshop I bought the game at, and a friend of mine who had simply filled in his german address hasn't received his either. I guess I'm SOL, by the time the cover arrives at the shop they'll have forgotten who to send it to.

I can live with the IGN watermark, but not getting the gorgeous artworks kinda hurts. I wanted to frame it and stuff.
Meh. :(

Jme

Still nothing here - but in their defense, I moved since then... who knows if it will forward to me or not.

Nothing at all and I did this the day the promo started. I also actually bought the game and only ordered 1 of the covers. Would be nice if it actually showed up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mine just came today. They gave me both covers. I don't even have the game. lol. But I ordered them anyway cause Okami art is cool.

5zmcs9.jpg

5xrk8y.jpg

No IGN watermark lol.
afhmcl.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
jett said:
Does anybody know how did this sell on the Wii?

Apparently it met the expectations they set, but not enough to force a sequel or anything.

Whatever that means.

Capcom's expectations are way out of line with any sort of ambition. They expected RE4 Wii to sell like 400k worldwide or something ludicrously low.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Visualante said:
Capcom's expectations are way out of line with any sort of ambition. They expected RE4 Wii to sell like 400k worldwide or something ludicrously low.
Those are reasonable expectations for a port, to be honest.

Masked Man

I said wow
I didn't order one because they said that the promotion was over by the time I visited the website.

Not very reassuring when a ton of people have only just now received their order. =/

jett said:
Does anybody know how did this sell on the Wii?
Its been played by ~37,500 US Nintendo Channel users. I don't know how well we can estimate total sales from that but I believe the total NPD sales for games like Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers and Mario Kart Wii are between 5 and 6 times the number of Nintendo Channel users who played them.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
nincompoop said:
Its been played by ~37,500 US Nintendo Channel users. I don't know how well we can estimate total sales from that but I believe the total NPD sales for games like Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers and Mario Kart Wii are between 5 and 6 times the number of Nintendo Channel users who played them.

I think the ratio would be lower for people who bought Okami. The people who bought Okami are likely to be much more hardcore Wii users and thus much more likely to access the Nintendo channel.

Top Bottom