• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone tried this monitor?

Don't expect it to have actual HDR beyond accepting HDR signal or usable freesync range but it should be ok 4k IPS screen .

Also since those are second grade panels then bad pixels and unifirmity/backlight bleed will be lottery (as you can get perfect or really bad one).

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I ordered it with free shipping I figured I would give it a shot.

I have a Samsung 28" 4k monitor without HDR so will try to get some side by side direct comparison shots running the same game both on an X,

Side note like Recursive said I do not really want full 1000 nits blasting me from 2-3 feet away so will see how it looks.

Rippa

I’ve tried this monitor, sent it back the same day I received it because of major light bleed on the bottom left and right corners of the screen. I hope you get a good one!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So I have started testing this monitor and honestly I am fairly impressed with how it looks.

I am comparing it 2 different 4k displays my Samsung 28" 4k PC Monitor which it competes with very nicely.

Its not fair to compare it to my OLED TV but wanted to compare its "active" HDR.

I must have gotten a good display because the games I have played and the 4k content I have watched looks almost identical to my Samsung monitor.

As far as its "active" HDR I could not get my consoles to recognize there was an HDR display.

Watching HDR enabled content again there was no real difference between this and my non HDR monitor so not sure what they consider active HDR but I dont see it.

As far as a 4k display goes for the price it was a pretty good deal. If it goes back to its normal price I wouldnt really recommend not getting a name brand display at a local store that can be returned easily if defective.

Sorry for dragging this post back up just wanted to share my thoughts.

MultiCore

SDR's 100. Nice try.
At what?
Peak HDR brightness can be as high as 10k nits. The best TV's at the moment are 1-2,000nits.

I'd definitely recommend anyone get a display that's able to execute on the whole point of HDR, which is highlight brightness.

If you buy a 300nit display, you aren't even seeing HDR content as it was intended.

Top Bottom