• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Hideo Kojima competely lost his mind?

jujT0.png

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I really hope so. If Metal Gear Solid was sane Kojima, I want me some crazy Kojima. I think. Death Stranding is either gonna be a masterpiece, disaster, or a... disasterpiece.

Shin

Banned
That's what happens when you get praised by everyone you've visited, then it's back to work again.

Mexen

Me: Well, he is a nuanced director of elevated narrative... takes on relevant subject matters he tackles only in context,not in principle. Highly respectable individual.

Kojima:

Last edited:
Oh no, he's having fun being silly!

Yeah that exactly what this is. How many people are using snapp chat??

So according to you guys above everybody using snapp chat is kuku and out of there mind, right? RIGHT? Ore is he just being funny?

He is a genius and every developer on the world respects him, and that is with a reason.
. I think Dead Stranding will be a succes

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

From some time ago, i really dislike Kojima, I think the Metal Gear Solid V development and the marketing around Death Stranding had collaborate in that.

ROMhack

From some time ago, i really dislike Kojima, I think the Metal Gear Solid V development and the marketing around Death Stranding had collaborate in that.

How can you dislike Kojima? The guy's record of recent games ain't great but he seems like a genuinely lovely bloke.

Ozrimandias

How can you dislike Kojima? The guy's record of recent games ain't great but he seems like a genuinely lovely bloke.
Lol.

Really loved all the contribution that he did in Konami. Loved Metal Gear Saga, i have numerous of limited and collectors edition of that saga but:

- He almost broke Konami
- Cult of Personality with him, all the photos with his hollywood friends, hes commitment is to transform the gaming industry in a new hollywood, its like a David Cage with more money, and more followers.
- Some of his decision with MGSV where, kind of strange. Hire Kiefer Sutherland to give him no more than 20 pages of dialogue? Why a AAA hollywood star to do that.

Among others

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
People can act silly without it meaning anything more than they felt like being silly. For like, less than 10 seconds even. First people judging Kamiya as a human being based on his blocking of people on twitter now Kojima is crazy for making a silly snapchat with someone or whatever? Wtf?

Last edited:
Lol.

Really loved all the contribution that he did in Konami. Loved Metal Gear Saga, i have numerous of limited and collectors edition of that saga but:

- He almost broke Konami
- Cult of Personality with him, all the photos with his hollywood friends, hes commitment is to transform the gaming industry in a new hollywood, its like a David Cage with more money, and more followers.
- Some of his decision with MGSV where, kind of strange. Hire Kiefer Sutherland to give him no more than 20 pages of dialogue? Why a AAA hollywood star to do that.

Among others

It's hard to say that he almost broke Konami when there's literally no evidence to that claim. Yes, his games are high budget but they sell like hot cakes. The man literally made Konami a household name because of his games.

Regarding the Hollywood aspect, it's not sacrilegious to hire celebs for your games. He's always wanted to be a filmmaker and tries to incorporate that dream into his video games. It's a bit pretentious to hate the hollywood aspect of video game development but it's understandable. You would rather have that money go to legitimate talent like David Hayter, who was a significant part to why I love MGS. Kojima did not give him the respect that he deserved and that's one of the few things I hated about Kojima over the years.

Regardless, try to keep an open mind with Death Stranding and I hope you see the game for what it is: a message to the gaming industry about the sheer amount of violence and competition revolving around it.*

You will see how his message with Death Stranding will be a positive light on video games.

*Source:
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/hideo...-while-convincing-her-to-join-death-stranding

Last edited:

Breakage

With the amount of daily Twitter posts he makes and the amount of media he consumes, I often wonder how he finds the time for game development.

Ozrimandias

It's hard to say that he almost broke Konami when there's literally no evidence to that claim. Yes, his games are high budget but they sell like hot cakes. The man literally made Konami a household name because of his games.

Regarding the Hollywood aspect, it's not sacrilegious to hire celebs for your games. He's always wanted to be a filmmaker and tries to incorporate that dream into his video games. It's a bit pretentious to hate the hollywood aspect of video game development but it's understandable. You would rather have that money go to legitimate talent like David Hayter, who was a significant part to why I love MGS. Kojima did not give him the respect that he deserved and that's one of the few things I hated about Kojima over the years.

Regardless, try to keep an open mind with Death Stranding and I hope you see the game for what it is: a message to the gaming industry about the sheer amount of violence and competition revolving around it.*

You will see how his message with Death Stranding will be a positive light on video games.

*Source:
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/hideo...-while-convincing-her-to-join-death-stranding

Over the first topic, maybe was an exageration, but there is evidence that Kojima was a "budget destroyer" and that among other things i think, produce the conflict between Konami and Kojima. Kojima didnt respect the deadline for MGS4, MGSV, the main composer of MGSV told in an interview that she was hire to make song for the game, again and again, only to find that none of his work were in the game once it was released. The disrespect on Hayter, Hire Sutherland to make his work, but, then again, only a few pages of dialogues. Dont forget that Kojima was in a directive position in Konami, they trusted him. Also, the budget that he use in P.T was supposed to the release of a complete game, not a Demo.

Kojima was fundamental in the success of Konami, but Konami had a name in the industry for itself.
Silent Hill, Castlevania, Contra, Parodius, Sunset Raiders and PES are only a few....those titles had nothing to do with Kojima. The thing that upset me the most, is that Konami are dedicate now to Pachinkos.....not the departure of Kojima.

Im open to even buy Death Stranding. But, not with the same love i buyed MGS2. I do not have the same empathy with Kojima now.

When was the last time he had his head screwed on correctly?

I mean, if you want someone to come up with all the crazy stuff he did over the years... You have to tolerate, abd expect strange stuff to come out in his real life as well... And i do stuff like this to amuse my kids all the time 😎

Top Bottom