• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Nintendo Convinced You to Buy a Wii U Yet?

Just drop the price, Nintendo...I want this thing so bad, and I could purchase it almost disposably for $50 less on each SKU.

I was sold already, but the games announced today? Wind Waker HD alone is worth it to me.

I always knew exactly when I would buy a Wii U, and that's when the new Mario hits. And I knew a Mario would hit. So I always knew I'd get a Wii U. The end.

Zwei

I just witnessed the trailer for Monolith's new game, X..

..And yeah, I've now been convinced to get a Wii U at some point. (read: whenever 'X' is released)

JDSN

Banned
Absolutely not. I would consider buying one if it was 30 dollars or free just so I could sell it back to make a profit. I wouldn't even KEEP a wiiU or wii just because it would take up space and there's not even anything I want for it. The last first party nintendo game I cared about was super Metroid,and zelda a link to the past. And anything that's multi platform I'd buy for the 360. I'll buy a nintendo wiiU when they pay me to simply stick it in my closet to rot.

Holy fucking shit!

Wazzy

Banned
Definitely. WindWaker HD, Fire Emblem and the new Monolith game have sold me, however, I won't purchase it until around the time these games are released.

I already have one so they convinced me a while ago. However, I was mostly interested in Nintendo's first party games. That's all I really wanted to play. Not saying I won't play any third party games but Nintendo's first party games is what I love. Now that there's some confirmations that they'll become a reality instead of rumor, it makes me happy for the future.

Still completely unconvinced. Nothing they announced today made me want to buy the system and until they start showing me game experiences, not just titles, that I can't have on other systems (i.e. making use of the gamepad) they won't persuade me and I doubt they'll persuade most people. They're not doing enough by a long shot at the moment and they need games on shelves asap.

spock

Btw, to all those talking or bringing up new IP's, you have to realize new IP's are not really systems sellers in contrast to established brands. New IP's are a risk. You want to create new IP's but you have to do so much more strategically. Turning a new IP to a profitable brand is HARD.

MS & Sony will also put more energy and bank first in established IP's especially during the early life cycle of a new console. Getting new IP's is where 3rd part support really has its advantage.

Not really a fan if Nintendo's vision or most of their games, but I am a mario party junkie. if they had done something crazy with multiple screens and mario party I would've picked one up.

If mario party wiiu is crazy enough i still might, its one of the most addicting games ever.

Nothing really surprising there, but it's nice to know they're actually working on stuff.

Need some release dates, still nothing there that would make me buy the system right now.

So you can't enjoy a game because it will be disregarded by others?

I personally don't enjoy jrpgs so it doesn't appeal to me. I'm still waiting to be excited by something Nintendo. For me it's Metroid, which is my favorite series of all time. But I just want giant sprawling graphical wonders from Mario, Pilotwings, Donkey Kong, Wave Race and others.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I simply don't understand this, they've announced a lot of games, interesting games really, I understand not being interested now but not being interested by the time those newly announced games arrive? You have probably never been interested in the Wii U to begin with.

what's not to understand? Some people don't like Nintendo IPs and the company as a whole. As weird as it sounds, people like this exist and breed incontrollably

x-Lundz-x

Once Mario 3D, Smash Bros, Zelda and Mario Cart U are out then yes.

Only reason to have a Wii U are the core Nintendo games IMO.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Absolutely not. I would consider buying one if it was 30 dollars or free just so I could sell it back to make a profit. I wouldn't even KEEP a wiiU or wii just because it would take up space and there's not even anything I want for it. The last first party nintendo game I cared about was super Metroid,and zelda a link to the past. And anything that's multi platform I'd buy for the 360. I'll buy a nintendo wiiU when they pay me to simply stick it in my closet to rot.

22761997_u_mad_gif.gif

gdt

They've convinced I'll have to buy one later.....as always.

Don't need one now, wouldn't have a single game to play on it. Maybe Mario U but not running out to buy that and the system.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just drop the price, Nintendo...I want this thing so bad, and I could purchase it almost disposably for $50 less on each SKU.

I was sold already, but the games announced today? Wind Waker HD alone is worth it to me.

I'm selling a new, unopened Deluxe for $300 shipped!

I don't want to post this in every new news thread, so I'll just drop it here:

HOLY SHIT. Yes, absolutely. The new HD Wind Waker will finally convince me to play the only Zelda game I missed out on, and Monolith's new game looks amazeballs. On top of that, Yoshi's new game looks stunning, and word of a NEW Zelda, Mario AND Mario Kart? Choo choo, here we go. I'll have a Wii U by the end of the year fo' show.

Ezalc

It's definitely interesting, but I feel like I got burned a bit by the Wii when I bought it. I have a bunch of great games for it, and I'll definitely want to check it out when X and Smash come out among other games they have planned for it. Right now I'm just waiting for more information on everything I'm interested in.

Jburton

Banned
Unfortunately not, I still consider the hardware overpriced for the components it contains and more of the same old with a new lick of paint is not attractive.

New IP Nintendo please!

Huff

Banned
Considering most of the games announced are going to be 2014+ (outside of WWHD and MK8) I think it's plenty reasonable to still wait without being deemed anti nintendo.

Alex

I already got one and although I totally bit too early, I knew I'd want it within about a year or so. I wish there was a little more software early on but it's not like I don't have a zillion stacks of other things I can be playing in the mean time without throwing more full price purchases on the pile.

orioto

Good Art™
The funny thing is that i see lots of people wanting to buy a WiiU now, cause of Wind Waker. Wanting to buy a console to replay a zelda game is pretty die hard hardcore nintendo fan. I would worried those guys didn't even wanted a Wii yet...

Le-mo

I'm feeling very tempted to pick one up for the RPG's and its 1st party games. I have never owned a Nintendo console in my life. Always been a fan of the PlayStation.

T.O.P

Banned
Bayonetta alone wasn't enough to make me buy a WiiU...with the new Xeno title i'll buy two :3

@still confused about the Kamiya's new title though

Nope. You guys realize most of those games announced or ones that are going to be at e3 aren't coming until 2014/2015 right? By that point the Wii U will probably be $150 or less. Whoever buys one of these things now is insane. Iwata even said the new Zelda is taking longer to complete so they are putting out a remake to help them in the mean time. That virtually ensures the new Zelda won't be released before 2016.

Not yet. I don't like WW, the new Yoshi didn't impressed me and X there's no guarantee that'll come here while Reggie is in the office.

So, no. I still don't trust Nintendo management.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. Unless Bayonetta 2 comes out to another console I already have.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Nope. 1st Nintendo console I've skipped. Unless something comes out that really wows me, I doubt I'll ever pick one up.

Already got my WiiU a couple of weeks ago, this merely justified the purchase. Particularly Wind Waker HD and X. Colour me intrigued for MegaTemblem too. Hoping WWHD is coming reasonably quickly :)

If X is half of the game Xenoblade is, then I'm hyped as hell.

Top Bottom