• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has the Swedish Radio Orchestra Done the best live VGM of all time?

Has the Swedish Radio Orchestra Done the best live VGM of all time?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Fuck Yeah they have.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Well...Here's my choice....

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Can you link a better performance of live video game music? There are those I like more, but as a performance....Goddamn...too good.

Literally, give me something better, LIVE to compare.....

Ya'll Mu'fucker's want some Mario: Here ya go. Same Group, different jam. Swedes got this shit on lock. Ya'll want to Journey? Come along....

Or as hard as a Dragonborn comes over everyone.....

If we are gonna fight white people about shit they maybe could have done better....

Not bad at all....

Last edited:

Hudo

Yeah! They're pretty good arrangements! I can also highly recommend the arrangements played by JAGMO (Japanese Game Music Orchestra)

They've done a lot more stuff. Really good stuff.

EDIT: I feel like I should post those two as well, as I am listening to these recordings a lot recently:

Also, as a devoted C&C fan, I need to mention this every time:
Frank Klepacki himself is playing!

Last edited:

Hudo

I might be late to the party but I just found this playlist. And it contains a beautiful medley of Link's Awakening (in anticipation of the newly announced remake for Switch):

EDIT: Well, Nintendo's ninjas seem to have nuked that from orbit.

Last edited:

Fbh

But did they have ex-megadeath lead guitarist Marty Friedman on stage with a live orchestra to play the battle theme medley of a freaking 3DS game?

Lucumo

Nope, the opening concerts for the Games Convention back in the day were the absolute bomb. After all, there was a reason they were always instantly sold out.

Lucumo

I don't even know how to respond.....I want to hear this.
Yeah, I wish I could have provided a link, looked everywhere...but couldn't find anything.

Even the first year, Uematsu Nobuo was already a guest and signed stuff. 2004 had highlights like Maria and Draco (Final Fantasy VI), a Turrican II medley, the Metal Gear Solid main theme and classics like Super Mario Bros. and Monkey Island among other pieces.

Top Bottom