• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hastings going out of business sale; unadvertised 90% off used games

Hastings is shutting down and they've been having a firesale for a while, but now they've really gone supernova.

They previously had 60% off used games and the signs are still marked as such, but when you go to checkout it will be 90% off. But here's the catch- Hastings always had iffy pricing on their used selection and during the 60% off sale everything was very obviously inflated to diminish any bargain you were hoping to get. I'm talking absurd pricing like used games at new game prices, if you could believe that.

But now with 90% off it's really easy to find good deals even on used stuff that was marked at (or higher!) than new. Beware that the price sticker itself has to say "USED" or it won't work, they're doing that stupid ass GameStop trick where they have 'new but opened' games, some of which were very obviously former rentals, it's all bullshit. Here's my haul from today:

9S5PQ5w.jpg

PS4 Destiny for $2.80? Sure! Borderlands 2 GOTY for $4.90? Eh, why not? Dishonored for a buck? I'm in.

None of these were games I was dying to play but they were now priced to trigger my impulse. There wasn't a lot of good stuff left, other people were already picking through the shelf but hopefully if you have a store near you there might be a few good deals that are worth the trip.

I miss Hastings already. It's where my family used to rent all of our movies and I loved their history book and horror movie selection. Then in high school our city got its first Best Buy and they parked right next door to the Hastings, so we knew the writing was on the wall. But they held out for 14 years! Not bad for a rental store in this decade.

Stencil

RIP in peace; not sure if there are any on my area where I can pick their carcass (metro Minneapolis) but good on you for grabbing what you did! I loved that when all the blockbusters were closing.

^ don't know. Might be worth a shot. They have to get rid of the inventory somehow and from what I recall, when I would buy something online from Hastings they would ship it from the individual store it came from. But they might have abandoned online since the fire sale started, the store was really disorganized when I went there.

This is definitely what I've been waiting for. Hastings started up in my town and we've got their massive flagship store that's been doing the firesale for the past few months, but I guess the actual closure is coming up quick.

Didn't think they'd go this low. The more recent new Video Games got picked up fast so I stopped checking. I'll go back tomorrow and take a look through their used section.

Haunted

Hastings is shutting down and they've been having a firesale for a while, but now they've really gone supernova.

They previously had 60% off used games and the signs are still marked as such, but when you go to checkout it will be 90% off. But here's the catch- Hastings always had iffy pricing on their used selection and during the 60% off sale everything was very obviously inflated to diminish any bargain you were hoping to get. I'm talking absurd pricing like used games at new game prices, if you could believe that.

But now with 90% off it's really easy to find good deals even on used stuff that was marked at (or higher!) than new. Beware that the price sticker itself has to say "USED" or it won't work, they're doing that stupid ass GameStop trick where they have 'new but opened' games, some of which were very obviously former rentals, it's all bullshit. Here's my haul from today:

9S5PQ5w.jpg

PS4 Destiny for $2.80? Sure! Borderlands 2 GOTY for $4.90? Eh, why not? Dishonored for a buck? I'm in.

None of these were games I was dying to play but they were now priced to trigger my impulse. There wasn't a lot of good stuff left, other people were already picking through the shelf but hopefully if you have a store near you there might be a few good deals that are worth the trip.

I miss Hastings already. It's where my family used to rent all of our movies and I loved their history book and horror movie selection. Then in high school our city got its first Best Buy and they parked right next door to the Hastings, so we knew the writing was on the wall. But they held out for 14 years! Not bad for a rental store in this decade.
Dang, those are old Steam sales prices, really good.

Fuck Hastings. They were running a "Trade in 4, get a new game free" deal once and I brought three games up there and bought the fourth used game from them to turn around and trade in and they refused it because the disc was too scratched. The game they literally just sold me, thus stiffing me with an unplayable disc. Fuck Hastings.

Top Bottom