• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (arcade port) announced for PS4

Mendax

Did we ever get a clarification on the business model by the way, or just "downloadable title" so far?

speaking of which, is there even a precedent for the "pay per play" on a home console that was brought up earlier? The idea sounds insane to me

raven777

Did we ever get a clarification on the business model by the way, or just "downloadable title" so far?

All we know is that it's downloadable title and that they will have lots of songs and modules. No idea if it's F2P or fully paid DL.

We will hear more about this game during TGS stage show so hopefully we get some more details.

Nyoro SF

speaking of which, is there even a precedent for the "pay per play" on a home console that was brought up earlier? The idea sounds insane to me

I don't think there is, but the draw of a pay to play system is that the <1% whales will pay enough for the 99% of people who won't continue. Especially for a popular brand like Miku.

I'm only half-joking, but seriously, the year is 2015. There is no way we're getting all the songs at once. Even if it was sold like a normal title, I anticipate the entire game's songlist costing well over $300.

There's no way we're getting out of this unscathed.

I can only think of things like Joysound, which operates on purchasing passes to run it for a period of time (whether 1 day or 30 days). That's not exactly a game though...

hamchan

I don't think there is, but the draw of a pay to play system is that the <1% whales will pay enough for the 99% of people who won't continue. Especially for a popular brand like Miku.

I'm only half-joking, but seriously, the year is 2015. There is no way we're getting all the songs at once. Even if it was sold like a normal title, I anticipate the entire game's songlist costing well over $300.

There's no way we're getting out of this unscathed.

I'd pay that much if the songlist really is over 200 songs! Though I would feel that I wouldn't need to play another Miku game ever again.

Nyoro SF

I'd pay that much if the songlist really is over 200 songs! Though I would feel that I wouldn't need to play another Miku game ever again.

I suppose the best case scenario would be us able to purchase the songs directly. It really is.

Somehow I very much doubt this though. Too easy and too simple, not enough revenue squeezed.

I really hate how project Dvia's models look so flat. I can understand it for Vita, but not for PS3 so hopefully upcoming Diva X looks better on PS4.

But we are getting future tone anyway.

I'm pretty sure the way the models look in the f series is intentional.

The arcade pricing model is so unprecedented on home consoles that it would probably kill any game that tried it - since, well, players can just buy other games. The Project Diva playerbase is not so large or committed that Sega can run that experiment, I don't think.

The Beatmania IIDX alpha on PC is trying to figure out its pricing model too, isn't it? I doubt even Bemani games could ask for that kind of pricing.

RMI

Banned
screenshots

55F8EA2145359C0008

55F8EA234536C00007

55F8EA2445693F0045

55F8EA2745308A000D

55F8EA2A452E8B000F

looks glorious.

SHarris78

A little off topic, though still Miku related of course........

I've downloaded Project Diva 2nd (the PSP game) from the JP store onto my Vita. I've got a PS3 and and logged into my JP account. If I buy Dreamy Theater 2nd on the PS3 store, does the transfer work and if so how? Do you HAVE to have a PSP for it to work?

I've been reading up on it, some more recent comments state that it works, but I can't find a good guide. Any help verrryyyy greatly appreciated.

A little off topic, though still Miku related of course........

I've downloaded Project Diva 2nd (the PSP game) from the JP store onto my Vita. I've got a PS3 and and logged into my JP account. If I buy Dreamy Theater 2nd on the PS3 store, does the transfer work and if so how? Do you HAVE to have a PSP for it to work?

I've been reading up on it, some more recent comments state that it works, but I can't find a good guide. Any help verrryyyy greatly appreciated.

I've heard that it works, though it was more of an "it just works" thing than active support since the Vita didn't exist at the time of Dreamy Theater 2nd's release. How it works is that when you buy Dreamy Theater 2nd, you'll get program downloads for both PS3 and PSP. To play Dreamy Theater 2nd you'll need to hook up the Vita to your PS3 via USB, start the PSP link program, and progress through the prompts until you see a loading circle. (The PS3 at this point should complain of an unknown device being detected - this is expected.)

Note that you'll need to unlock every song and difficulty on PSP before you can play it on PS3; Dreamy Theater 2nd itself has no unlock system, and merely copies what you have access to on your PSP save. Nothing you do in Dreamy Theater 2nd affects your unlock state on PSP. Once your unlock state is copied, you don't need to connect to the linker program again unless you want to update it or transfer edit data.

Additionally, it's been a while, but I think if you buy DLC for PSP, corresponding unlock keys for Dreamy Theater are also placed into your download list.

SHarris78

I've heard that it works, though it was more of an "it just works" thing than active support since the Vita didn't exist at the time of Dreamy Theater 2nd's release. How it works is that when you buy Dreamy Theater 2nd, you'll get program downloads for both PS3 and PSP. To play Dreamy Theater 2nd you'll need to hook up the Vita to your PS3 via USB, start the PSP link program, and progress through the prompts until you see a loading circle. (The PS3 at this point should complain of an unknown device being detected - this is expected.)

Note that you'll need to unlock every song and difficulty on PSP before you can play it on PS3; Dreamy Theater 2nd itself has no unlock system, and merely copies what you have access to on your PSP save. Nothing you do in Dreamy Theater 2nd affects your unlock state on PSP. Once your unlock state is copied, you don't need to connect to the linker program again unless you want to update it or transfer edit data.

Additionally, it's been a while, but I think if you buy DLC for PSP, corresponding unlock keys for Dreamy Theater are also placed into your download list.

Wow, thanks for all the info! Still not sure weather to try it or wait for a while in case this new game covers everything from DT2. Buying PSN JP cards costs a small fortune too!

SephLuis

Wow, thanks for all the info! Still not sure weather to try it or wait for a while in case this new game covers everything from DT2. Buying PSN JP cards costs a small fortune too!

I did it and, well, it's nice. It's the same PSP game, but much better to play it.

DT 2nd also includes everything from the first game. But, if I am not mistaken, the PDF games + DLC already cover most of the great songs in DT. I guess only a few didn't came back.

Eh..am I the only person who isn't enamored by the Project Diva arcade modules? I've played a couple of times in the arcade and I found Miku & Co. to look too plastick-y with uncanny-valley features. To be honest I prefer the PS3 and Vita (especially PDF 2nd) modules much, much better. Captures the anime look quite well.

I'm a sucker for anything rhythm game and Miku so I'll still probably get it though. But I don't even have a PS4, haha.

raven777

From the stream the producer said they are planning to release this in full package form, including all of the over 200 songs that are in arcade. No, F2P, no DLCs. He said this is like a thank you gift for the fans.

Also it's 1080P

Producer

From the stream the producer said they are planning to release this in full package form, including all of the over 200 songs that are in arcade. No, F2P, no DLCs. He said this is like a thank you gift for the fans.

Also it's 1080P

Wow. Thats amazing.

Also it's 1080P

WHAT. IMPORTED. DAY ZERO.

ZeroX03

Banned

Also it's 1080P

That's a lot of content.

Kumubou

Also it's 1080P
That's... quite the surprise. This really sounds like the last Project Diva game they plan on making, then.

Time to try playing Extra Extreme on a DS4 and see if I break a controller in the process. D:

Redhood

Also it's 1080P

Thank you based sega! Gonna import it so hard cause there is no way this gets localized!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Also it's 1080P
Wow.

Are they switching to a new arcade version soon? I imagine this would not be helpful to the current version.

Nyoro SF

Also it's 1080P

HOLY SHIT.

G O O D W I L L M A X I M U M

Now all I need is a localization announcement... and I will be at 110%

hamchan

Also it's 1080P

Wat. That's insane. I kinda don't believe it since there's so much money making DLC they could do.

raven777

Just to clarify, that is what the producer said they want to do, but I guess this is not 100% confirmed since Sega might not allow this to happen. :p

lumi7890

Also it's 1080P

freakin awesome, I hope it gets localize (I'm pretty sure it will, but ya never know) other then that, i'm there on day zero.

I'm not waiting for localisation i'm getting this day 1 and then ill buy the localized version if they come out with one. Like i did for project diva f 2nd.

luminous

Also it's 1080P

...my jaw legit dropped

I did not dare hope for this. Day-one buy and it would still be the most value for your money for any game that could possibly come out in 2016.

Wow.

Are they switching to a new arcade version soon? I imagine this would not be helpful to the current version.

That would make a lot of sense. Once the Project Diva F 2nd content is fully ported it might just be time to fully commit to a new arcade version for the Project Diva X material.

BTA

Just to clarify, that is what the producer said they want to do, but I guess this is not 100% confirmed since Sega might not allow this to happen. :p

Still, that's a pretty shocking thing to say. Hope they can follow up on that.

I might not be getting it day 1, but it'll be hard to pass up if this ends up being the case.

kagamin

Also it's 1080P

I don't even have a PS4, and I'm seriously considering importing this now...

Also it's 1080P
I will cry if it happens

100 hour platinum

Top Bottom