• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (arcade port) announced for PS4

raven777

some interviews are out before the release. No real new info other than that they plan to release multiple DLCs for song and modules that are not included in the current version.

Banned
I just started the download but it looks like it will take a while. Benefits of having slow internet ;-;

I hope they add in DLC I want shake it so badly.

I just started the download but it looks like it will take a while. Benefits of having slow internet ;-;

I hope they add in DLC I want shake it so badly.

DLC is practically guaranteed.

And I'm okay with it. I'll buy every single song they release and I'm sure I'll buy a few modules too.

Zhao_Yun

lol at all these complaint messages for miku

come on guys, we need more!

Dear Miku,

please come to Europe on your next concert tour! We would really like to see you live without traveling to the US or Asia. Don't listen to SEGA when they tell you that you have no fans in Europe.

oggob

Dear Miku,

please come to Europe on your next concert tour! We would really like to see you live without traveling to the US or Asia. Don't listen to SEGA when they tell you that you have no fans in Europe.

Australia is part of Europe too... And we are closer to Japan... So come here first...

some interviews are out before the release. No real new info other than that they plan to release multiple DLCs for song and modules that are not included in the current version.

Well, that's good. I was looking at games I could buy with my leftover JP PSN money from the ‎¥10,000 card, but couldn't find anything good that is understandable. I'll just save it for DLC then.

Storm360

New page so asking again

How does the PS4 pre load unlock? My console isn't online, if I connect it up and download the pre load today am I good for it unlocking or should I just wait for it to unlock then download?

New page so asking again

How does the PS4 pre load unlock? My console isn't online, if I connect it up and download the pre load today am I good for it unlocking or should I just wait for it to unlock then download?

Pretty sure you need to be online. Otherwise, one could disconnect from the internet and then change the clock settings on the PS4 to unlock it.

Astarte

Oh my god Future Tone has an Ulala skin FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Anyone want to post/write something to miku? Like those fan letter/message to your favorite idol/celebrity. Just for fun of course :p

Gonna quote those to the OT XD

Dear Miku,

You are super cute and so is Rin. Please make Kaito go away.

Love, Asstart.

Koppai

Yes, it unlocks on June 23rd at midnight JST, which works out to 11 AM on June 22 EDT.

t1466607600z1.png

No, nor would I expect there to ever be one. It's been discussed to death in this thread already, and Sam's only comment on the matter was that there is no comment.

Why wouldn't there be a western release when Project Diva, Diva 2, Mirai Remix, and Diva X have all been released here?

Kumubou

What's the best way to get this? I haven't set up a foreign PSN before. Is any version going to be in English?
You're probably best off setting up a Hong Kong PSN account and buying the game through that store. The game looks to be a bit cheaper there ($536 HKD/~$70 USD for both packs compared to 8424 JPY/~$80 USD) and all of the PSN system and store menus are in English (the game will still be in Japanese, though).

Why wouldn't there be a western release when Project Diva, Diva 2, Mirai Remix, and Diva X have all been released here?
There's a few reasons I can think of: there's way more music to license out in this release than any previous Project Diva game (although a lot of the songs have been in games released in the US already, so that may make things easier... or not. Music licensing is really weird), the release kind of gums up their release strategies for future games (it's not going to be the best look if they launch Future Tone anywhere near X), and you can't discount the fact that Sega Sega's the crap out of everything they touch.

Stanng243

You're probably best off setting up a Hong Kong PSN account and buying the game through that store. The game looks to be a bit cheaper there ($536 HKD/~$70 USD for both packs compared to 8424 JPY/~$80 USD) and all of the PSN system and store menus are in English (the game will still be in Japanese, though).

Do you know of any good guides on doing this? Thank you for the help.

JordanKZ

I seriously do not believe Miku FT will ever be released outside of Japan. Still, it's not exactly hard to jump on PSN and download/buy it, should you be interested in doing so.

Kumubou

Do you know of any good guides on doing this? Thank you for the help.
You can just go create a new account on your PS4, opt to create a new PSN account, set your region to Hong Kong and just go through the process of creating the account. All of the forms will be in English, so it should be fairly straightforward. You can use pretty much whatever for a billing address, since you will be needing to use pre-paid cards.

kirby2096

Don't know if this was known, but the game will be released on the HK store as well (seems like 268$ per pack. 268 for both would be insane): https://blog.asia.playstation.com/hk-en/5222/2016/06/whats-on-psn-this-week-21-june/
I seriously do not believe Miku FT will ever be released outside of Asia. Still, it's not exactly hard to jump on PSN and download/buy it, should you be interested in doing so.
Fixed. Hopefully DLC will be sold directly through the Playstation Store and not by purchasing virtual currency to be used in-game.

For those interested, I've made a guide to all the SEGA costumes available in DIVA FT:

ClaWm4qWQAAIbwe.jpg

(Technically the Shining costumes are from Shining Hearts, but they're both present in Blade so ssshhh)

TRI Mike

I have a very old JP PSN account I haven't used in years. I created it with a friend's e-mail address but honestly, I don't speak with the guy anymore and accessing that old account might prove difficult.

I should just probably wait for a western release.

muteki

The Valkyria Chronicles ones make so much more sense to me now that I've played the game.

I probably won't be able to finish it before Miku is out though :(

...I just realized that the Miku module "Supreme" (mirai World Is Mine) was one that was just recently added to Arcade, and currently isn't in the PS4 version's list. I really hope that gets added as DLC later, it is one of my favorites.

DIVA and DIVA 2nd were not released here. DIVA f/F and DIVA F 2nd were. (Despite the naming, f/F and F 2nd are the 4th and 5th mainline releases, respectively.) Same with Project mirai; mirai Remix is the 3rd entry to the series. There are more Project DIVA/mirai titles that did NOT come out here than there are ones that did.

Nyoro SF

The Valkyria Chronicles ones make so much more sense to me now that I've played the game.

I probably won't be able to finish it before Miku is out though :(

The real crime is that Maiko doesn't have Rosie's outfit. And Kaito should have one of the default militia uniforms at the very least, he sorta looks like Salinas anyway. :p

Deft Beck

DIVA and DIVA 2nd were not released here. DIVA f/F and DIVA F 2nd were. (Despite the naming, f/F and F 2nd are the 4th and 5th mainline releases, respectively.) Same with Project mirai; mirai Remix is the 3rd entry to the series. There are more Project DIVA/mirai titles that did NOT come out here than there are ones that did.

SEGA usually waits until the improved versions to release them in the West.

SEGA usually waits until the improved versions to release them in the West.

That is likely the case with mirai Remix (which is in some fashion a sidegrade because most of the changes were to reduce the cost of licensing), but one case doesn't correlate to a trend. f/F and F 2nd aren't improvements per se but mainline iterations of the game. They were brought over with pretty much no changes besides localization.

There is still plenty of content in the three mainline titles that were skipped over that have never been represented in f/F and later.

There is still plenty of content in the three mainline titles that were skipped over that have never been represented in f/F and later.

After three games actually released and a fourth on the way with well over 150 songs between them, it's safe to say that just licensing more songs isn't as big a deal as it used to be. There's nothing special about licensing the songs from the PSP games.

If anything, the bigger problem is licensing the rights to translate all the songs - you can't just have a big chunk of songs in English but leave the rest untranslated. The arcade content also introduces other types of licenses, like the rights to the user-made Edit Mode content.

With a game like this, it's also perfectly feasible to cut a couple of songs if the rights really can't be negotiated. Realistically, licensing problems usually come from one or two holdouts.

Top Bottom