• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Party Like It's 2007

pariah164

Yeeeees!
Errr, nooo..?
You're not alone is what I mean to say.

The two are some of the most upbeat "gets your foot tapping to the beat while also getting stuck in your head and you don't even mind" songs. They always cheer me up. ^^
Same!

I actually had to go and check if the artist was the same for both. It wasn't, but dang. I wanna go look up more of their songs now.

Has anyone unlocked all the possible modules in the demo? I know that possible unlocks for the songs include the songs' individual modules (Rare), the module from 2D Dream Fever, the module from Sweet Devil, and Heart Hunter. There are more; I'm just curious if there was a limit. I guess it's to get you used to the module drop system, since buying them outright is no longer a thing.

system11

How much of an overlap is there between this and Future Tone? If I have FT already is there much point picking up this one?

How much of an overlap is there between this and Future Tone? If I have FT already is there much point picking up this one?

There's Hajimete no Oto, and... that's it. Future Tone does have a lot more content and X is imo one of the weaker games in the series, but it's very much its own thing.

kirby2096

Wanted to cancel my Play-Asia order today which included the mini controller as I didn't want part of it anymore, but the thing sold out before I could place the second order. They amended my original order and assured me that I'll be getting one of the mini controllers. Fingers crossed!
Soooo, Anyplace where I can still buy the Hatsune Miku Project Diva X controller for near retail? Looks sold out pretty much everywhere (at msrp).

edit: got info that nin nin game has them in stock

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4...ini-controller-hori-ps4-fr-4961818026407.html
Originally, I was tempted to order from nin-nin game, but they only offer EMS shipping on the controller, which for the UK is delivered by Parcelforce. They don't deliver first and charge you the import fees later like other couriers, and they add on their own "adminstration fees".

Do we need or want a review thread? Regardless, here's mine:

http://www.bemanistyle.com/2016/08/26/review-hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-ps-vita/ TL;DR - story mode was a mistake. The game is fun, but the 'plot' is awful, and I sorely miss the music video presentation.

miku is posting an not-import OT next week. We probably don't need more DIVA X threads after that.

Couple things:

Sadly, each world is limited to five predetermined songs, followed by a medley of several tracks(such as in Nintendo’s Rhythm Heaven series).
I'm not sure where you are going with this comparison; Rhythm Heaven's mixes are a mashup of previously encountered songs and gameplay styles, which DIVA X's medleys aren't.

Each song is no longer accompanied by a elaborate music video, but by the dancer/s moving along to the track of choice on a predetermined stage.
The stages are actually completely interchangeable, though I don't recall if this was only available in free play. That and the potential for VR are the biggest reasons for the PV style change, really.

Skrams

Since the new OT isn't up yet, I figured I'd ask here, but has anyone got an early copy by mistake? I ordered the Vita version and Best Buy sent me it today. I was surprised to get the shipping notification a few days ago, but didn't expect it to show up today. I was thinking I'd be getting it monday probably. Either way, this is cool.

ChrisD

Not for me, though someone in the PD:FT thread got their PS4 copy early.

I'm waiting around impatiently for Tuesday. If there's one thing that's a double-edged sword when it comes to pre-ordering from GameStop in-store, it's that I always get my games the day of release. Never after, but also never before. :X

Hope you enjoy it! I think the general concencus here was that it wasn't quite the best addition to the series, but personally I kind of love it. Just logged in my 80th hour today! That's more than I put into f on Vita. :eek:

ChrisD

Huh, I was going to say something like, "Maybe you have to go through all areas," but my mind cut that off with a second thought, "Naaah, surely they wouldn't do that, that's goofy."

Guess it's not goofy enough.

Zenaku

Yeah, I was hoping they'd unlock as I got past the opening, but no luck. After completing the 5 areas a new "extra" area gets added to the game, where the DLC songs are. Can't even play them in free play until you play them in the extra area.

Yasumi

Banned
Looks like they disabled the song audio for video recording/streaming, like they did with Future Tone. I understand it's probably a licensing issue, but it's still kind of butts.

Jinketsu

I've never played this series until tonight. Played the demo for Diva X both on Vita and PS4... I really like the PS4 version, but I see there's another Miku game with a better value called Future Tone? That looks like maybe an $80 package (if it ever release stateside) for 240 songs or so... opposed to $50 Diva X for around 30 songs and some extra game modes I personally don't really care for...

I don't want to get prepaid cards to have an amount left over after buying the games from the JP shop... do you guys think Future Tone will see an English release? It sounds unlikely to me.

I've never played this series until tonight. Played the demo for Diva X both on Vita and PS4... I really like the PS4 version, but I see there's another Miku game with a better value called Future Tone? That looks like maybe an $80 package (if it ever release stateside) for 240 songs or so... opposed to $50 Diva X for around 30 songs and some extra game modes I personally don't really care for...

I don't want to get prepaid cards to have an amount left over after buying the games from the JP shop... do you guys think Future Tone will see an English release? It sounds unlikely to me.

Most people here would tell you there's no chance, but that's what everyone thought about all the games in the series so far.

Bottom line: Sega probably knows that most people think like you and that releasing or announcing Future Tone any time soon would kill Project Diva X sales. If it is being brought over it would still be smart of them to hold off confirming this for a while.

Honestly, I'd say Project Diva F or F 2nd on PS3/Vita are way better entrance points than either X or FT, since FT is brutally, mercilessly, insanely hard and X has imo a lot of really annoying nonsense going on that detracts from the experience. If you can play those, definitely get them.

ChrisD

Guess there won't be much need for discussion in this one then, huh? Thanks for the thread, Ludger Kresnik! And thanks to everyone who answered the questions presented throughout the thread.

Top Bottom