• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS) out on May 26th (NA), 28th (JP, KOR), 29th (EU)

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – January 14, 2015 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd. today announced that Hatsune Miku ™: Project Mirai DX, a 3D rhythm game developed specifically for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system, will be available on store shelves and via digital download in North America on May 26, 2015, followed by Japan and Korea on May 28 and Europe on May 29. In collaboration with Good Smile Company, a popular Japanese figure company, Hatsune Miku : Project Mirai DX features Miku and all of her friends in their Nendoroid figure style. SEGA will release information about retailer preorder programs at a later date.

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX features forty-eight full length versions of fan-favorite songs with multiple game modes and play styles. Game modes include both “Touch Mode” and “Button Mode”, each featuring multiple levels of difficulty and a wealth of customization options. Players are able to adjust difficulty via challenge and support items, change timing indicators and target icons, and swap out vocals in certain songs. Further, players can watch their favorite videos and add scrolling commentary in the Mirai Theater, create unique dance routines in the Dance Studio, and compose their own song phrases in My Tune. The game also features customizable Player Cards which can be shared with the community over StreetPass™ and kept current via SpotPass™.

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX launches on Nintendo 3DS and via digital download on the Nintendo eShop.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/245129-...lease-dates-for-hatsune-miku-project-mirai-dx

Surprised they didn't bother showing this in the NA Direct, I think they did in the JP one, not sure about in the EU one. No Aussie love it seems. Sorry guys. :(

Really glad they're doing retail with this one as well. Wonder what the pre-order bonus(es) will be?

O2JUH6r.png

SHarris78

Best gaming news in aaaagggeeessss.

I'm ridiculously addicted to the 2 games on the Vita, and love just listening to 95% of the songs as they're awesome.

Bring it on !!!!!!!

Marche90

At least I have until May to get ready and save enough money.

As it stands I would be crying if this were to release before April. So many games before even the end of the first quarter of the year o.o

Andrefpvs

I hope they release a demo. I like the Project Diva games, but the 3DS XL buttons don't seem as good as the PS Vita's for rhythm games.

So I'll have to try it before I buy.

I might've just missed it, but do we know the exact nature of the additions over Project Mirai 2? There seems to be one new song (press release says 48 songs, PM2 has 47), but are there any other changes?

Either way, Project Mirai is super fun. Glad to see non-importers will get to try it soon.

Wanderer5

My 3DS is sure going to be happy for the first half of this year heh. Can't wait to check out more portable miku with the 3DS.

Scher

So is this going to be released before the next Project Diva DLC?

I'm always in need of more rhythm games, so it's good to see a release date for this now!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I might've just missed it, but do we know the exact nature of the additions over Project Mirai 2? There seems to be one new song (press release says 48 songs, PM2 has 47), but are there any other changes?

Either way, Project Mirai is super fun. Glad to see non-importers will get to try it soon.
The PVs seen to have been replaced with the dancing 3D models.
For example, it was once it was like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDOXvWIRM24
but now you get something like this:

So you can buy new outfits and stuff too.

Oh yes. Day one for me. I'm so glad it's getting a physical release as well.

I never could have imagined how successful Miku would prove to be in America, and I'm pretty sure SEGA wasn't expecting it either. It's great to see. :)

bigkrev

I bet this is a de-facto Gamestop/Amazon exclusive (because who else is going to stock this?), so you probably want to pre-order this if you want the physical game.

Also, I need to know what options they have for button indicators. 15 years of Dreamcast and Xbox controllers have made me unable to utilize Nintendo's layout without thinking for a second when a button prompt shows up. I know it's unrealistic to expect PSX shapes, but maybe arrows to indicate what button to press?

If it's only ABXY, I'm going to need to skip this

Also, I need to know what options they have for button indicators. 15 years of Dreamcast and Xbox controllers have made me unable to utilize Nintendo's layout without thinking for a second when a button prompt shows up. I know it's unrealistic to expect PSX shapes, but maybe arrows to indicate what button to press?

Don't think you can change the shapes, but you can change the colors, and should be able to match them to a controller layout you're more familiar with.

Think that's the best I can give you.

In Mirai 2, you can set both streams to use arrow notes.

oh oops, guess I didn't mess with it enough, lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I bet this is a de-facto Gamestop/Amazon exclusive (because who else is going to stock this?), so you probably want to pre-order this if you want the physical game.

Well if you're playing touch controls, its all about colors and it won't show ABXY. If you need to play with buttons I think you're out of luck.

Omikaru

Nice. I didn't think this'd be coming until later in the year (October/November-ish, I guess). Welp. That's another ~£35 to find before the summer break.

rpmurphy

In Mirai 2, you can set both streams to use arrow notes. ABXY is optional.

Top Bottom