• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have A Nice Death | Official Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Have A Nice Death is a hand-drawn 2D Action Rogue-Lite where you play as Death, Founder and CEO of Death Incorporated—a sprawling corporate empire that processes souls for the afterlife—who currently finds himself teetering on the edge of burnout. His top executives, the Sorrows, have been running rampant on Earth’s surface, blatantly ignoring company protocols, leaving him buried in an underworld-sized mountain of paperwork. Now, in order to regain control of his company and soul-ply chain, as well as secure a much-needed vacation, he will need to traverse the various departments of Death Incorporated and remind his unruly subordinates who’s boss.

Welcome to Death Incorporated – Discover and explore the darkly-charming, procedurally-generated departments of Death Inc., where you’ll meet a diverse cast of memorable characters—like your affable pumpkin-headed assistant, Pump Quinn—who are always willing to share the latest office gossip

Reap What You Sow – Sharpen your skills (and scythe) through fast-paced hack n’ slash combat, utilizing over 30 unique weapons and spells you can find and upgrade to create devastating combinations

Death Never Sleeps – Since Death can’t die, use what you’ve learned and earned to overcome the numerous minions and bosses in each department of Death Incorporated... over and over. A performance review after every run guarantees that you’ll unlock interesting items and upgrades that will help you progress on your journey

When Life Gives You Curses – Taking more power for yourself is a controversial move in Death Incorporated’s company culture. For instance, adopting a Curse upgrade for yourself might result in the Labor Inspector granting your subordinates enhanced powers, or worse, raising the cost of koffee and other items that are vital to your work output

Notabueno

Banned
Damn, again how is it that easy to tell it's a french game.

Anyway, I hope they're still using an updated Ubi Particle System, Unruly Heroes was nice and underrated.

I think I missed this game until now. So much personality and it looks smooth and gorgeous. Guess I'm giving the early access a go.

Salz01

Games looks great. Waiting for it to hit consoles. Not sure it is though. I thought it was.

Orta

Banned
Gave this a quick go last night. It's a gorgeous looking game. Tough too which isn't really my thing as controllers have been known to be 'dropped' when I get pissed but I'll persevere. Its charm hooks you. The character/weapon power up system is a bit overwhelming but again that's more me than the game as I prefer to be stuck in rather than fiddling with menus and reading pages of silly game-talk. When you die btw you have to start a level all over which is a major pisser but again I think the charm of this game has grabbed me and I want to give it a more patient run tonight. Don't know how that'll play out as its surprisingly quick paced with Death boosting and somersaulting through the levels as quickly as you wish. The basic enemies are cannon fodder but mid-level enemies are more resilient and can overwhelm you, particularly in tight corners which I've found myself in a few times. Its early access so there is still polishing to be done according to the devs (including difficulty modes).

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Gave this a quick go last night. It's a gorgeous looking game. Tough too which isn't really my thing as controllers have been known to be 'dropped' when I get pissed but I'll persevere. Its charm hooks you. The character/weapon power up system is a bit overwhelming but again that's more me than the game as I prefer to be stuck in rather than fiddling with menus and reading pages of silly game-talk. When you die btw you have to start a level all over which is a major pisser but again I think the charm of this game has grabbed me and I want to give it a more patient run tonight. Don't know how that'll play out as its surprisingly quick paced with Death boosting and somersaulting through the levels as quickly as you wish. The basic enemies are cannon fodder but mid-level enemies are more resilient and can overwhelm you, particularly in tight corners which I've found myself in a few times. Its early access so there is still polishing to be done according to the devs (including difficulty modes).
Yeah it gets easier once you unlock better weapons and sometimes it pays to use your ultimate on smaller ennemies when cornered.When you will unlock the healing item the game become easy.There's one thing I do not like about the game though is the when walking through ennemies you can't dash and are slowed down a bit.It's the hardest thing to keep in mind for me.And some weapons ultimate are straight up OP.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Learn the ins and outs of everything in the darkly charming 2D action rouge-like, Have a Nice Death, and how to be the afterlife’s best boss!

Have a Nice Death launches for Nintendo Switch and Steam on March 22, 2023.

Have a Nice Death is a hand-drawn 2D Action Rogue-Lite where you play as Death, Founder and CEO of Death Incorporated—a sprawling corporate empire that processes souls for the afterlife—who currently finds himself teetering on the edge of burnout. His top executives, the Sorrows, have been running rampant on Earth’s surface, blatantly ignoring company protocols, leaving him buried in an underworld-sized mountain of paperwork. Now, in order to regain control of his company and soul-ply chain, as well as secure a much-needed vacation, he will need to traverse the various departments of Death Incorporated and remind his unruly subordinates who’s boss.

Welcome to Death Incorporated – Discover and explore the darkly-charming, procedurally-generated departments of Death Inc., where you’ll meet a diverse cast of memorable characters—like your affable pumpkin-headed assistant, Pump Quinn—who are always willing to share the latest office gossip

Reap What You Sow – Sharpen your skills (and scythe) through fast-paced hack n’ slash combat, utilizing over 30 unique weapons and spells you can find and upgrade to create devastating combinations

Death Never Sleeps – Since Death can’t die, use what you’ve learned and earned to overcome the numerous minions and bosses in each department of Death Incorporated... over and over. A performance review after every run guarantees that you’ll unlock interesting items and upgrades that will help you progress on your journey

When Life Gives You Curses – Taking more power for yourself is a controversial move in Death Incorporated’s company culture. For instance, adopting a Curse upgrade for yourself might result in the Labor Inspector granting your subordinates enhanced powers, or worse, raising the cost of koffee and other items that are vital to your work output

Last edited:
For anyone interested, they're doing a physical release for the Switch too! I've checked a few European Amazon stores, and it's available for pre-order and launching next week. I'm thinking about picking it up since the reviews I've seen range from good to great.

COVERS_HaveANiceDeath_Preview_(Switch)_V3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom