• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever donated sperm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just watching the movie "The Kids are all right" and I wonder how common it is to donate sperm.

Did you get some money for it?
Have you ever heard that it was actually used?
Have you had contact with the receiver, children etc?

Ovid

ayjB2Vt.jpg

Mesousa

Banned
I hear if you are shorter than like 6 ft they won't take yours. Which I find hilarious. I could cure fucking cancer, but since I am 5'7 I am genetically undesirable by their standards.

supergiz

Every day I set a little sperm aside in a sperm jar. One day I'm gonna show up at one of those places and cash in big.

Quick

Banned
Nope.

As cool as it is to get paid to jack off, it would bother me knowing I actually have a child/children somewhere out there. Not that I'm against sperm donation, of course.

YoungFa

In my country you could still be sued to pay child support, even as a donor. So I'm not doing that. But I wish I could spread my genes all around with no consequences.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I hear if you are shorter than like 6 ft they won't take yours. Which I find hilarious. I could cure fucking cancer, but since I am 5'7 I am genetically undesirable by their standards.

I remember it being 5'8 (at least in NYC). Here are some of the requirements for a sperm bank in Manhattan:

Sperm Donor Programs: Application Requirements

The qualification process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. To be accepted in our Sperm Donor Programs, all candidates must meet the following initial requirements:

• be between the ages of 18 and 39
  • be currently attending (or graduated) from college
  • live commuting distance to our office
  • donate 1-2 times a week for a period of six (6) months
  • abstinence from any type of ejaculation 2-5 days prior to collection
  • proof of ID and address, i.e. NY driver’s license
  • complete the online application

And the payout:

ID Disclosure, Donor identity released, $110 per collection.
Anonymous, Donor identity never disclosed, $80 per collection.

SummitAve

Banned
My roommate was filling out an application once. It seemed like a huge pain in the ass, and he never ended up finishing it. You have to supply A LOT of information.

Azuran

Banned
No, because I don't want ugly people having access to my awesome DNA.

Selected girls by yours truly have to work hard if they want some of it.

Not seeing anything that could disqualify me. The only thing that would keep me from doing it is that nagging feeling in the back of my head that anyone under a certain age could be my child.

IceCold

Don't sperm banks have min height limits? I wouldn't qualify. Many also don't accept certain traits like red heads.

I remember it being 5'8 (at least in NYC). Here are some of the requirements for a sperm bank in Manhattan:

Sperm Donor Programs: Application Requirements

The qualification process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. To be accepted in our Sperm Donor Programs, all candidates must meet the following initial requirements:

• be between the ages of 18 and 39
  • be currently attending (or graduated) from college
  • live commuting distance to our office
  • donate 1-2 times a week for a period of six (6) months
  • abstinence from any type of ejaculation 2-5 days prior to collection
  • proof of ID and address, i.e. NY driver’s license
  • complete the online application

And the payout:

ID Disclosure, Donor identity released, $110 per collection.
Anonymous, Donor identity never disclosed, $80 per collection.
Curious what the rules for Utah would be...

I'm 6', of Nordic descent, and have a graduate degree.

But the amount they pay you is trivial and I can't stand the thought of mini-mes running around.

Edit: Eh. I'm too old I guess at this point.

terrisus

I'm 6', of Nordic descent, and have a graduate degree.

But the amount they pay you is trivial and I can't stand the thought of mini-mes running around.

Hey, if you ever need a liver or a blood transfusion, it could be useful.

It could be awkward if you find yourself becoming attracted to younger women as you get older though.

Hey, if you ever need a liver or a blood transfusion, it could be useful.

It could be awkward if you find yourself becoming attracted to younger women as you get older though.

I've literally given gallons of blood so if they don't give me blood then fuck the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom