• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever had your significant other pull the no sex...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASPER

Banned
Counseling. For a 7 month relationship with a 23 year old woman with 3 kids from different fathers, who uses the OP as a bank and a babysitter and who has suddenly found god and reverted to celibacy to save her immortal soul from all of the partying and drugs and bareback fucking she did right before she met the OP. COUNSELING.

For some odd reason I like this guy, has some wise words.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Be thankful more issues came up that would bring to light the need to cut your losses.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
You know it's a relationship trouble thread on GAF when it's polluted with "bail out" posts that lack any sort of constructive thought whatsoever. It sounds to me like OP's girlfriend is very confused and has mixed feelings/guilt about her life right now. It's not exactly uncommon that these soul searching thoughts lead to a sharp drop in libido for her. I know it's very fashionable on GAF to not give religious folks a chance when it comes to relationships but I honestly think you should give her a little bit of time to sort through her feelings on her own and sit her down to talk through some of this. Normally I'd tell you to be more cautious but it honestly just sounds like she's overloaded on physical/mental stressors and you don't make it sound like you two had significant problems with eachother prior to this.

Probably an unpopular opinion considering that the consensus so far in this thread is that she MUST be a no good cheater or will be soon because she comes home from work more tired and stressed than usual.

There literally can't be any other options.

You know, I agree with you.

She clearly has a lot of baggage, and it isn't easy feeling a lot of guilt while trying to maintain a relationship.

I think she may be withholding sex because of what's happened to her in the past. Maybe she's afraid OP will leave her and is unintentionally pushing him further away out of guilt. She could feel like she doesn't deserve him, or she might be trying to find her own self worth...

It really isn't uncommon for people's libido to dive if they're depressed or the like.

This decision is OP's over staying or leaving, but I think it's hard to just bail on someone because they're going through a crisis. Sex is important in relationships, but I'd recommend trying to talk to her about this altogether. There seems to be a link between her past and what she's doing now.

AlexMogil

Counseling. For a 7 month relationship with a 23 year old woman with 3 kids from different fathers, who uses the OP as a bank and a babysitter and who has suddenly found god and reverted to celibacy to save her immortal soul from all of the partying and drugs and bareback fucking she did right before she met the OP. COUNSELING.

Just as much for him as it is for her, come on.

Seriously.. what answer is he looking for here? Anyone? Did you see the part where he said "I see myself marrying her one day?"

You know, after a seven month period as you are so willing to lay out?

He wants people to tell him it's ok. He is looking for affirmation here.

But surely he will respond to drive by posts of simp and salty much much better.

NOT EVERYONE IS YOU.

Valtýr

Keep this mind, OP:

We don't know you.
We don't know her.

Whatever advise we give should be taken with a grain of salt.

Talk to people who know you and her better and have better context to the situation.

Take some time and decide what you want.

Talk to her.

Then make your decision.

hokahey

Anyone acting like it's ridiculous to suggest she's getting side dick is pretty naive. This is a woman that's apparently had ZERO concern about sex her entire post pubescent life, has had tons of sex with the OP, is suddenly tired all the time and out of nowhere found god and won't fuck? HAHAHA. It's almost guaranteed to be side dick.

Get OUT OP. RUN.

Yoda

You're only 26 and you're already signed up with all this drama? 3 kids out of wedlock and none are yours? And she's 23?!

You're not even married and you paying for kids that aren't yours? Dude, you're too young for this nonsense.

Bail out, man.

I'd have to agree. Regardless of how you feel about sex/no sex this girl sounds like she has quite a bit of baggage and you've leaped in quite fast from the sounds of it. I'd seriously consider if climbing into all of this is worth it for you.

Does she have 3 kids from 3 different father's or from 2 father's and one is adopted? It wasn't clear to me. Why did she adopt a kid when she had 2 already?

Keri

She's 23 years old and already has three children? If I was in her position, I'd be swearing off sex too. This may be the smartest decision she's ever made and you should support her in that decision (even if that means leaving). Its better that you leave, than stick around and try to talk her out of it.

Counseling for a 7 month relationship with a 23 year old who has 3 children?

Is OP also going to pay for the counseling while he pays to help support kids that aren't his?

He entered into a relationship with those factors (not counseling) in place. He obviously cares about the woman and the kids. We can offer guidance, but shouldn't be telling him in a back-handed fashion how to treat kids he spent 7 months getting to know.

AlexMogil

So because he wants affirmation we should give it to him. Even if it's not at all in his best interest. Makes sense.

yeah haha thats what I said vrrooom drive by

What I said was *he* is *looking* for affirmation. Not that we should provide it.

Counseling on neutral ground might provide it, but as of right now - talking to her ain't getting it. She is the object of infatuation and he is stuck.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Man, op, I've got a lifetime of poor choices behind me. Please, for the love of God, this isn't your pill to swallow, man. This is a lot on your plate, dude, and you're begging for more.

hokahey

You know, I agree with you.

She clearly has a lot of baggage, and it isn't easy feeling a lot of guilt while trying to maintain a relationship.

I think she may be withholding sex because of what's happened to her in the past. Maybe she's afraid OP will leave her and is unintentionally pushing him further away out of guilt. She could feel like she doesn't deserve him, or she might be trying to find her own self worth...

It really isn't uncommon for people's libido to dive if they're depressed or the like.

This decision is OP's over staying or leaving, but I think it's hard to just bail on someone because they're going through a crisis. Sex is important in relationships, but I'd recommend trying to talk to her about this altogether. There seems to be a link between her past and what she's doing now.

I almost miss when I still thought the world worked this way. Then again, the wisdom of age and experience has saved me a lot of pain and strife.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

There's rarely a neat and tidy, happy feel good reason for people's behavior/priorities to dramatically shift over night. Especially when it involves with holding physical affection.

Fucking spare me.

reddmyst

She's sounding like she's using sex as a bargaining chip, she knows it's the only thing she can offer you.

Don't fall for that trap and make sure you don't have kids w/her. If she can't seem to deal and provide for her other kids without help; what happens if she gets pregnant with your child? Then you're pretty much ensnared.

Red flags all around.

You have to walk away before her vagina sucks you in.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I almost miss when I still thought the world worked this way. Then again, the wisdom of age and experience has saved me a lot of pain and strife.

There's rarely a neat and tidy, happy feel good reason for people's behavior/priorities to dramatically shift over night. Especially when it involves with holding physical affection.

Fucking spare me.

I believe you're having difficulty comprehending me. Reread my post before lecturing me on your experiences.

You're preaching to the choir here. If you really read my post, you wouldn't have missed the part about her past playing a role in this.

B.O.O.M

Fucking spare me.

Yep so much THIS

Dream Wanderer

Neo Member
the answer is bye

such a drastic difference in mindset is just not healthy for two people looking to get into a lasting relationship--for EITHER side--she doesn't want to feel guilty for having her beliefs and you don't want to feel guilty for thinking she's an idiot for having the mindset that she does

looks like you have a lot invested, its going to be tough

Rur0ni

The answer is BAILING OUT RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Right now. Today. You're 26. You have your entire life ahead of you, but ONLY if you leave this woman and begin living for yourself and not as a slave to this girl's baggage, a lifetime of mistakes that she has willfully made and then dumped in your lap to solve. Be kind and generous to someone who deserves your affection.

Indeed. There's often threads where we don't know the full story. We know enough here that bailout.gif is incredibly appropriate.

Snakepit

Talk to her man... see both sides before you make a decision but don't forget about yourself . If you feel like things are still fishy or sketch then leave but before that have a one on one

You're 26. You should have some idea what you're looking for in relationships by now. So, if your GF having 3 kids at 23 wasn't a red flag for you when you first met, and you have had no problem doing all these things for her for 7 months, and you say that you see yourself marrying her one day......you should probably stick with her. You love her.

Sex wasn't the reason why you've done everything you've done for her for the better half of a year. No one does all of that just for sex. Nobody.

Raist

Banned
"sorry I just really felt gross, but don't worry, I'm still gonna take a shower with you"

OP, do you like making Excel spreadsheets by any chance?

yyuafppdtqgc0jnthezh.jpg

Majestad

Banned
Here's another question for OP. How good are you financially? Because you gotta take into consideration that, at some point, you might have even more kids with this woman if you want her to be your wife. Add those expenses to the ones you already have, and it could get really rough. You are 26. Unless you are making some bank, shit's gonna be tough.

Darknight

Tell her that you also now believe in God and being with someone who has kids from another individual makes you a sinner since they arent your kids. So now you will dump her, you wont be sinning anymore and she wont too because she is gonna raise her own kids and hopefully marry her partner who got her pregnant in the first place.

Honestly though, I dont get those who "believe" in god, yet go about having kids without marriage. Shit happens, yea but not if you really believe in god.

3 kids from different fathers at 23, sounds like a keeper...

How long did you know her before you started dating?
If you've only met her 7 months ago you don't even know this person, at all.
Why on earth would you put up with any of this for someone you barely know.

BreakJohn

Oh man Ed is that you?!(its your cousin john, just in case)
Seriously this sounds so similar to something that happened to my cousin its staggering. EVERYONE in my family was telling him to bail. he was barely 22 and got mixed up with some woman who had 3 kids! how the hell do you do that at 22? he was basically supporting her(since women with this kind of baggage ALWAYS need support), he ended up dropping out of college to get a dead end job at walmart, got her pregnant(so now even if he leaves her she will always be part of his life, so will that kid) and is getting nowhere in life real fast.

OP i have had this happen to a family member of mine and i can honestly tell you, please for the sake of every man who has ever taken on unnecessary baggage please bail out now before its too late. its not even about the whole "no sex" thing, screw that, this relationship is going to cost you your future. you are to young to do this to yourself.

Korosenai

Just as much for him as it is for her, come on.

Seriously.. what answer is he looking for here? Anyone? Did you see the part where he said "I see myself marrying her one day?"

You know, after a seven month period as you are so willing to lay out?

He wants people to tell him it's ok. He is looking for affirmation here.

But surely he will respond to drive by posts of simp and salty much much better.

NOT EVERYONE IS YOU.
We dont need to enable the OP and give him false hope just because he wants it.

Op, bail out right now.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
yeah haha thats what I said vrrooom drive by

What I said was *he* is *looking* for affirmation. Not that we should provide it.

Counseling on neutral ground might provide it, but as of right now - talking to her ain't getting it. She is the object of infatuation and he is stuck.

Aside from your general bad advice (in opinion of course) why do you accuse everyone of drivebys?

AlexMogil

We dont need to enable the OP and give him false hope just because he wants it.

Op, bail out right now.

He's not listening. That's my point. After seven months he sees himself marrying her. Turning that off will be incredibly difficult. I hope what he's seeing in this thread helps, I really do, but it will be tough. After all this time he couldn't see what was happening?

Aside from your general bad advice (in opinion of course) why do you accuse everyone of drivebys?

It's probably not fair, you're right. Additionally it's probably backseat modding so there's that. Not my job to call it out really. I don't feel HURR NEW DICK is constructive, that's all. Guy is shook up and probably vulnerable right now and seeing two word responses without thought is a little jarring. I mean look at the post after mine! Well worded, has some thought in it, gives some reasoning.

And I don't think my advice is bad. I don't think it's good, either. I just think it is advice.

What does believing in god have to do with having sex?

Ultimately, you need to answer a very important and tough question; one that I had to answer in my most recent ex-relationship. That question is: is this the person/type of person you envisioned yourself marrying? Yes I'm sure you like her and I'm sure you'd feel guilty/bad breaking it up, but is this what you envisioned your married life to be? Being with a chick with 3 kids who believes in a literal hell while picking up the tab for most things? I mean the money thing is not even the biggest issue - my fiancée is a server and I pay for most things - but I'm in a career that affords that easily and we are compatible in pretty much every way imaginable. Also, we have a ton of sex.

On top of it, you're expected to provide financially and take care of a kid and do all this stuff while having pretty much no intimacy? You said you do everything except sex and oral, so, what does that mean...hand jobs?? I don't think you're gonna be satisfied with that for long, if you are at all now.

Just a lot of responsibility at your age. You really need to sit down and think about how compatible you are long-term, or you will end up like one of her exs: with a kid and her finding a new guy who she has sex with coz he sold her some lines about how much he loves Jesus or something.

Do not become complacent in this relationship and don't let the potential guilt or feeling bad about her situation stop you from ending the relationship. She made her decisions and while there is nothing wrong with being sympathetic, it doesn't mean you are required to take care of her.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
That's not what he means though.

You're approaching this from the mentality that she truly is attempting to sort through her baggage and permanently turn over a new leaf.

What he's saying is that judging from her past (i.e. 23 year old with three children each with different fathers, former drug addict), her doing a complete 180 overnight is unlikely.

I never said that or implied such. I said she might be behaving this way because of guilt and things in her past. I don't know her, and I'm not going to say she's going to change. It's possible, but who knows?

But OP wants to marry this woman so my opinion doesn't matter. I can only suggest what may be the best option for the choice he's potentially going to make.

I suggest he talks to her about it. And whatever decision he makes, is entirely his business.

I really get annoyed by the "experience" lecture people try to hand out in an attempt to downplay others. That's so wack.

Deadbeat

Banned
I got to congratulate this woman. 3 kids with 3 different fathers yet found a guy to help out and pay for things. Astounding.

Aurongel

Anyone acting like it's ridiculous to suggest she's getting side dick is pretty naive. This is a woman that's apparently had ZERO concern about sex her entire post pubescent life, has had tons of sex with the OP, is suddenly tired all the time and out of nowhere found god and won't fuck? HAHAHA. It's almost guaranteed to be side dick.

Get OUT OP. RUN.

Based on the limited information OP has provided about her, yes it is ridiculous to just jump straight to that worst case scenario without knowing all of the facts. People having lower libido from soul searching like this and having stress in their lives affect their energy levels isn't exactly something unique to OP's girlfriend. Also, it's incredibly misogynistic to assume that someone who has had children that young will be a cheater years later for that sole reason. But if you want to sound insecure about it and make assumptions that she's some kind of horrible slut based on limited evidence then go right ahead.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OP that seems like a lot of red flags. And not just with regards to sex but communication more importantly.

Bail out, etc.

Hylian7

so she drops that bomb saying she feels guilty everytime we have sex (even when it's her idea), she says she wants to be a better person and that she loves God (she mentioned that she believed in God a few times, but since we were having sex, I figured she was one of those who doesn't follow the no sex before marriage, since it's so common), and that she sinned a lot in her younger days (did pills bad mostly weed), partied a lot (drank, blacked out, etc...), and she just doesn't want the world to end one day soon and go to hell for all the things she does...she does a lot of good things (helps out her family a ton, is nice to just about everyone, gives money to the homeless on the streets, etc...)

Red flaaaaaag! Just bail. I dealt with exactly that in the past and it only ended horribly. I was with a girl for 5 years and she basically joined a cult and dumped me. Glad to be rid of her in hindsight but it was a rough experience. She did the whole sex guilt thing too. The only difference was that what started all this was me telling her the truth that I wasn't religious anymore. I thought she would be okay with it, but she thought it was "just a phase" and couldn't stand it, and that tore us apart.

It sucks, but I highly suggest bailing. The headaches you will end up going through will get far worse than never having sex. In my case, she at first said "If we ever have kids, you can't tell them about your lack of religion until they are 18. I have to raise Christian children." This later changed to "not ever"

Enco

I hope this isn't one of the cases where OP is blinded and ignores the majority.

If so, you have no one to blame but your self. You are 100% in control in deciding your fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom