• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have You Ever Pity-Dated Someone? A thought after FACEandLMS thread.

Throughout reading the chin thread, the thought came to mind: have you ever dated someone because you pitied them and wanted to give them a chance?

Of all the women I've 'dated' in the past, two come to mind (both in high school):
- A woman who had borderline masculine features. She and I were friends, but she thought it was an opportunity to ask me out. I didn't agree with this arrangement, but I was a teenager and she was my friend, so I went along with it. Throughout our 'dates', she would try to make me do things that couples do, but I didn't reciprocate, because I didn't feel the same way.

- A girl with braces. If I'm being honest, a 4/10 in terms of looks. I don't remember much from this relationship, but one thing stood out from this one: when she and I kissed, I swear I felt a thing go down my throat. I was disgusted. Never saw her again after that.

The takeaway from my experience? If you're going to a date a woman, the man should make the first move. Either that, or wait for a woman to ask you out who has the same testosterone level as you (or more, depending on the man).

I cringe just typing out all this, but chin thread is losing steam, and I thought I should try to make the next best thing!

Ionian

Weak troll game dude.

Googled your username and YIKES!

You need help and also need to stop making shit up.

EDIT: Posts I saw on reddit are fucking disgusting. (Not linking)

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Pity dated? No that would be unfair.

Pity fucked? Only on a technicality and I'll preface this by stating bigger girls are often good in bed as Elektro Demon Elektro Demon can confirm. I've been to brothels where I've walked in and a couple of times seen a new girl, but she's a bit larger than the other hoe's. There's often two benches/sofa/wall seating in the reception area and you can just tell that the bigger girl has been shunned by the identikit interchangeable thots and is sitting alone on the other bench. You know, as if her looks would suck up the looks of the more traditionally attractive women working there like an attractiveness vampire, so she's been banished to the second bench. Alone.

So I walk in read the room, smile at the bigger girl and then look at the identikit hoes, so they are all prepping themselves to get laid and paid. Then I flicked the other way and choose the bigger girl. She's happy she got picked (and has as much right to make money as anyone else working there), I know I'm going to have a better time and the WTF?! salt faces on the other girls is totally worth the troll.

nush

Gold Member

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
shocked ron burgundy GIF

Weak troll game dude.

Googled your username and YIKES!

You need help and also need to stop making shit up.

Tired Bed GIF

A user making assumptions of my character based on my username. Been there, done that. Try harder.

Why would I waste energy making up stories like the ones I mentioned in OP?

teezzy

Banned
Did you pity the interaction? If so, yes. :messenger_halo:

I would like to know more, though. You don't have to if you don't want to.

Tinder match where she looked like a hotter rockabilly-sorta chick and knew how to utilize angles to her advantage.

Met her at her house for a first date and boy was she large, but I was there and she was already in bed.

She kept going on and on about how all she does is watch TV and I guess her boyfriend had recently passed. She mentioned that she saw his ghost a few times and stuff.

I figured what the hell, we made out a bit, she took care of business. I spent the night and left the next morning in shame.

Ionian

Tinder match where she looked like a hotter rockabilly-sorta chick and knew how to utilize angles to her advantage.

Met her at her house for a first date and boy was she large, but I was there and she was already in bed.

She kept going on and on about how all she does is watch TV and I guess her boyfriend had recently passed. She mentioned that she saw his ghost a few times and stuff.

I figured what the hell, we made out a bit, she took care of business. I spent the night and left the next morning in shame.

I bet you the ghost was watching you with a score-card.

Ghosts might be spooky but always fair judges.

There's often two benches/sofa/wall seating in the reception area and you can just tell that the bigger girl has been shunned by the identikit interchangeable thots and is sitting alone on the other bench. You know, as if her looks would suck up the looks of the more traditionally attractive women working there like an attractiveness vampire, so she's been banished to the second bench. Alone.
That's hilarious, man. In normal interactions, aren't women usually propping up their more fatter friends? Like recommending them to their guy-friends?

You know, I've had something similar happen to me, but it was with a co-worker. She and I were chilling at her place and she decided to smoke a joint and get high while watching Lucifer in Netflix. Not into that stuff, but I don't mind people smoking it around me. Probably 15-30 minutes in, the weed kicks in and she starts cozying up on me, groping me in the crotch area. I didn't do a thing, because I didn't see her that way, and the fact she has a boyfriend. I genuinely went to her place, because I wanted to chill and be a friend. I could've escalated things, but fucking her was out of the question as I didn't feel any sort of sexual attraction to her despite having an above average body. She's the type that's not known for her good life decisions within the workplace and this interaction with her kind of proves it.

nush

Gold Member
That's hilarious, man. In normal interactions, aren't women usually propping up their more fatter friends? Like recommending them to their guy-friends?

Yes, on the basis of she's single and he's single lets just pair them up because the only thing they have in common is that they are single. Genius.

I would never date someone I wouldn't want to be seen in public with. That's a huge consideration for me, and I'm enough of an asshole to not associate with ugly people.
I have a soft side, unfortunately: while people get intimidated by my basic bitch face, underneath it, I'm actually not an asshole that my face suggests. What I've learned about myself throughout the years is that I'm always standing up for the little guy, even if my close friends detest them for some reason. That's why, even though I have mixed opinions of BluRayHiDef and his views, I can't help but feel sympathy for him.

teezzy

Banned
I have a soft side, unfortunately: while people get intimidated by my basic bitch face, underneath it, I'm actually not an asshole that my face suggests. What I've learned about myself throughout the years is that I'm always standing up for the little guy, even if my close friends detest them for some reason. That's why, even though I have mixed opinions of BluRayHiDef and his views, I can't help but feel sympathy for him.

There's a difference between not being a dickhead to someone to wanting to be around them constantly. For all I know, some of my dude friends could be ugly but it they make me laugh or whatever, they're not ugly to me. Ugly women though, and I'm walking in public with them and people just assume we're a couple? I'd rather look like an incel.

Badly placed sympathy. I've wingmanned bros to success but I'm not doing that for someone who's turned to the dark side and blamed then hating women for thier own lack of success becuse they won't self reflect and work on personal improvement.
See, I agree with you 100%, I just can't see myself ridiculing him in his thread. I don't have it in me.

It's funny, though!

There's a difference between not being a dickhead to someone to wanting to be around them constantly. For all I know, some of my dude friends could be ugly but it they make me laugh or whatever, they're not ugly to me. Ugly women though, and I'm walking in public with them and people just assume we're a couple? I'd rather look like an incel.
A man who looks for friends based on their looks is a sad one, so yeah I agree.

I know that feel, though, when you're walking around, holding hands with a woman you don't find attractive at all. Thankfully, that shit stopped in high school and I developed standards.

Stouffers

Banned
I went on a pity blind date once. She was.. not my type.. and I stopped hanging out with the friend who set us up. He fell pretty deep into drugs and the last I saw him, was working at a Fazzolis.. that was 20 years ago.

Let's not detective GAF and hunt down off site comments unless relevant. You know who does that.
Eh, I'm not proud of it, but has it ever occurred to you that people change their views/behaviour over time? I'm not going to assume anything of you, because that wouldn't be fair of me.

And going back to your reply of thinking that my stories are 'fake': I'll admit, I'm not the best at fleshing them out, but I don't have to. I don't owe you that.

Ionian

Eh, I'm not proud of it, but has it ever occurred to you that people change their views/behaviour over time? I'm not going to assume anything of you, because that wouldn't be fair of me.

And going back to your reply of thinking that my stories are 'fake': I'll admit, I'm not the best at fleshing them out, but I don't have to. I don't owe you that.

A fair view dude, just googled your username is all. Nothing else, was the first link.

I have nothing against you at all.

Sharing usernames is not a smart move but I wish you the best posting here.

Pity dated? No that would be unfair.

Pity fucked? Only on a technicality and I'll preface this by stating bigger girls are often good in bed as Elektro Demon Elektro Demon can confirm. I've been to brothels where I've walked in and a couple of times seen a new girl, but she's a bit larger than the other hoe's. There's often two benches/sofa/wall seating in the reception area and you can just tell that the bigger girl has been shunned by the identikit interchangeable thots and is sitting alone on the other bench. You know, as if her looks would suck up the looks of the more traditionally attractive women working there like an attractiveness vampire, so she's been banished to the second bench. Alone.

So I walk in read the room, smile at the bigger girl and then look at the identikit hoes, so they are all prepping themselves to get laid and paid. Then I flicked the other way and choose the bigger girl. She's happy she got picked (and has as much right to make money as anyone else working there), I know I'm going to have a better time and the WTF?! salt faces on the other girls is totally worth the troll.
Those fucking mean thin whores.
I'm very proud of you, nush nush

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
No, maybe I was pity dat...fucked. Maybe even...probably a lot of times I was fat.
I let a fat chick blow me once... does that count?
Weren't you saying in that ResetEra thread, that you were hyper-pro women right.

Oh...

Well I guess it now make sense. Good job doing what you believed in :messenger_bicep:

teezzy

Banned
No, maybe I was pity dat...fucked. Maybe even...probably a lot of times I was fat.

Weren't you saying in that ResetEra thread, that you were hyper-pro women right.

Oh...

Well I guess it now make sense. Good job doing what you believed in :messenger_bicep:

eye roll GIF

uggos dont count, im not the sjw you're lookin' for

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
eye roll GIF

uggos dont count, im not the sjw you're lookin' for
I did not say that you are, but as far as my poor searching abilities are, I read today something about your old way of life influenced by old-gaf and Ree, which stated that you were. But then again it wasn't such a smart idea, to wrote it like that. So apologize.

ExpandKong

Banned
I'm not gonna pity "spend time with someone who wants a relationship that I'm not interested in" because that's A) a shitty thing to get that person's hopes up and B) it's a waste of my time as well.

Pity bang though, at least everyone's getting something out of that.

manfestival

Never pity dated any girl but definitely pity slept with a couple.

One example is this Spaniard chick I met through tinder. We went on a couple dates but I was not feeling her. She kept in constant communication with me. Then she told me she was going back to Spain permanently in like 3 days. So I said whatever, had quite a few drinks. Eventually said whatever fine and then made it happen. Ironically, it was basically the worst I ever had. It was also the only time I ever wanted to just stop midway and just leave.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Never dated, but I've done a few pity bangs. Though, tbf, I've probably had a few pity bangs thrown my way too and didn't realize it.

I've pity fucked a woman before but I could never date anybody out of pity.

I was 23 and drunk, she was 37 or 39, not particularly attractive and a little overweight. She came over to me in a club one night and laid the flirting on thick, then started mentioning how her husband was an asshole and they hadn't had sex in 3 years. So I took her home and banged her, wasn't as bad as I expected to be honest.

Last edited:
Once at college.

There was nothing wrong with her, she was about a 7/10, nothing off putting personality wise, but I just didn't fancy her.

However she was a friend of a friend, and a nice enough girl, so I took her to a pub, bought her non alcoholic drinks and dinner, then proceeded to bore her to death talking about video games, sci fi and history, before walking her to her bus.

She lost all romantic interest in me after that, while my social group remained intact.

Top Bottom