• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever played a "Fan Game" to competion?

Stouffers

Banned
Before the release of the official Metroid 2 remake, I stumbled upon AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake). I bought a WiiU gamepad and all the required bluetooth accoutrement to make it work with my gimpy laptop. I thought it was amazing and quickly forgot it was a "fan-made" game. In fact, there are interpretations and design decisions in AM2R that I wish had carried over to the actual remake.

It's the only "non-official" game I've completed and it was amazing.

AlexEdokkoMX

Neo Member
I completed "Zelda Parallel Worlds" (ridiculous hard) and "A Link to the past Redux" (Excellent), both based in the SNES game "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past".

th4tguy

I played the half life remake to completion minus the alien world content which wasn’t out. Did that ever come out?

MagnesG

Banned
Played tons of Pokemon hacks to completion, granted I've used speedhacks on the game most of the time.

Kerlesly

Neo Member
To this date i still play this bad buay

CcqVLTy.jpg
YlYJc5K.jpg

There was a recent update ro ver 5.2 so if u a fan check it up

Dazraell

I remember completing Broken Sword 2,5 and Return of the Tentacle demo.

Beside I've played a lot of Pokemon fan games and total conversions like Enderal, but I don't recall finishing them completely.

MagnesG

Banned
I remember completing Broken Sword 2,5 and Return of the Tentacle demo.

Beside I've played a lot of Pokemon fan games and total conversions like Enderal, but I don't recall finishing them completely.
Yeah, I would have completed a lot more of fanmade Pokemon games if it were actually not buggy AF, some of them are straight up impossible to finish without crashing.

Sleepwalker

I used to always begin those modded Pokemon ROMS back in the day but never could be arsed finishing them.

Does Black Mesa count? I've been meaning to play it for a while and will probably complete it.

Top Bottom