• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you recently sold any old gaming hardware due to getting new hardware?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Due to getting a PS5 and building a new PC, I've recently sold the following hardware via eBay:

1. i7-5820K @ $75.00
2. 8 x 4GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM @ $55.00
3. EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 @ $400.00
4. PlayStation 4 Pro @ $250.00
5. Xbox One X @ $350.00

What about you guys? What have you sold?

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm just about to sell my own PS4 Pro, I've waited a bit to make sure the PS5 was all okay. I get £155 on brightstar in the UK but may try ebay to get a small bump on that since I've been selling my old, valuable gamecube games on there recently so I'm back in the ebay groove.

Quasicat

I found a Series X a few weeks ago and sold my Taco Bell Xbox One X, but I kept the Elite 2 controller. I was able to pick up a Switch Lite, as a secondary console for work, a replacement pair of AirPods, and a handful of games. Pretty awesome sell.

HE1NZ

Banned
I always sell old PC hardware but never consoles. Though it makes sense to sell PS4 and Xbone.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I'm just about to sell my own PS4 Pro, I've waited a bit to make sure the PS5 was all okay. I get £155 on brightstar in the UK but may try ebay to get a small bump on that since I've been selling my old, valuable gamecube games on there recently so I'm back in the ebay groove.

£155 equals about $210, which is a little lower than I was able to get for mine (albeit I sold mine with the PlayStation camera). So, you should definitely be able to get a little more money, especially if you include a nonstandard accessory.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I always sell old PC hardware but never consoles. Though it makes sense to sell PS4 and Xbone.

I was initially going to keep both my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, but I realized that it was pointless to keep them; my PS5 can play practically all PS4 games as well as the PS4 Pro or better and my PC can play all Microsoft Studios' games.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Sold my series X back before the PS5 release. Might sell my PS4 Pro since the PS5 plays everything better.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I'm just about to list my PS4 Pro on a different message board to sell privately.

I'm also going to sell my old home theater in a box locally after upgrading to JBL bar 9.1. When HDMI 2.1 AVRs become more widely available I'll probably upgrade once again.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Sold PS4 Pro end of September for 170€. I do not get attached to things and prefer not to stash or hoard things. Vast majority of my childhood video games and other things got sold, I only kept truly unique non-gaming related items.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
TLOU2 is my favorite game of all time and she was probably the best part of it although my heart did break for Ellie.

It's my Game of the Year. I'm currently playing through it again but on Grounded+; I'm at the part a little after Abby becomes the playable character. My goal is to earn the trophies for completing the game on Grounded, collecting all collectibles, and discovering all work benches. I've been 100% successful in regard to the last two thus far.

I intend to play it once more but on easy in order to earn all of the remaining trophies that I don't have, such as playing it with Permadeath enabled.

Last edited:

Skifi28

I've been thinking about selling the PS4 pro, but I just can't do it. Many good times and I always like having a backup. Maybe I'll set it up to a different room we'll see.

Magog.

Banned
It's my Game of the Year. I'm currently playing through it again but on Grounded+; I'm at the part a little after Abby becomes the playable character. My goal is to earn the trophies for completing the game on Grounded, collecting all collectibles, and discovering all work benches. I've been 100% successful in regard to the last two thus far.

I intend to play it once more but on easy in order to earn all of the remaining trophies that I don't have, such as playing it with Permadeath enabled.

Kind of disappointed in Sony for not making a 60fps PS5 patch. If Ghost got one TLOU2 should have one too.

Fbh

No.
I was ready to sell my Pro and buy a Ps5 but then fucking Sony went with an insane price around here so fuck them.

Now I'm saving up for a PC. Might still go with a Ps5 if they ever price it reasonably.

I'm going to trade-in my Xbox One X to go towards the purchase of an Xbox Series X once I can find one in stock. Gamestop and BestBuy currently offer $150 store-credit for it.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Kind of disappointed in Sony for not making a 60fps PS5 patch. If Ghost got one TLOU2 should have one too.

I think that Naughty Dog is working on a full blown remaster that will include more new features than just 60FPS (e.g. higher resolutions and higher quality textures and character models). Also, I think it will require a new purchase.

RAIDEN1

I sold my base PS4 within minutes of posting it on Ebay, a month ago, as I upgraded to the PS4 Pro....

Magog.

Banned
I think that Naughty Dog is working on a full blown remaster that will include more new features than just 60FPS (e.g. higher resolutions and higher quality textures and character models). Also, I think it will require a new purchase.
A fair thing would be like a $10 upgrade for existing owners.

I'm a graphics whore so when I got the newest consoles I knew I'd never go back to last gen games and sold them promptly.
Yes I know PC can produce better graphics but I loathe PC gaming.

Mr Moose

Nope, I still have my N64, PS2, super slim PS3 (my OG George Forman grill PS3 died after 6 years), OG PS4 and Pro.
I think the only console I have sold was the GameCube, hated the controller.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I keep my shit to give to friends and family. Turns out kepping my old 780 came in handy recently for my buddy who killed his 980ti. Not exactly a replacement but it'll hold him over until he can get my 1080ti, which i'll give him when I get a 3080 sometime in 2076. And since the N64-era, I learned not to give my old consoles away. So much fun to pull old consoles out after 10 years and just have a nice little nostalgia trip. Still love playing Tennis2k/Power Stone on the Dreamcast when I have buddies over. Though, BC being a bigger deal means keeping the Xbone X and PS4Pro is a lot less important.

Last edited:
I build a PC every 2-3 years and sell the old one to a brother or a friend for typically about half the price I paid initially.

It works.

Not yet, but I plan on cleaning out my PS4 and PSVR (I stopped using it, VR isn't for me) and selling both for the PS5 this holiday. It will be a project, but it'll be worth it. Not sure if I'll sell it on eBay.

Top Bottom