• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you recently sold any old gaming hardware due to getting new hardware?

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
How much did you get for the 1080? And via which platform did you sell it?
My bad, I had the edit written out on the previous post and I didn't update it, lmao.

I actually HAD the listing up on eBay for $200, but then one of my old co-workers/pals reached out to me and I sold it to him instead. It was a steal because I had originally purchased the 1080 for the same price from another co-worker at the time. I saw other 1080 listings were MUCH higher than that, so it still felt fair. I got lucky and got a refurbished 2080 for $250, so I felt like everything worked out pretty well. :D

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
No, always keeping ALL my consoles.
But I sell computer parts from time to time (CPU, MB, RAM, GPU...etc), however still have my aluminium micro-ATX case from Lian Li since more than 10 years, I can't believe it ^^
What a wonderful case brand.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Yeah, unlike PS3 which I'd never sell.
I bought a new sealed Super Slim PS3 last year to replace my original slim which I bought in 2009. It was a bit expensive, but it was worth it to me. After more than 10 years of use, the power supply in the console and battery in the controller was shot. I will keep this one for as long as I can, since it will likely be the last new one I will find.

VinnyMac

I just gave my ps pro death stranding edition to my gf she has 3 lil boys and couldn't really afford one. They were so happy. The ps5 has completely replaced my pro so im glad I got to give the lil guy more life instead of selling it to like gamestop and watching it just sit there such a good console.

Moogle11

Banned
Sold my PSVR V2 and aim controller ($275) and Tekken 7 Hori Fightstick $150). Hadn't used either in ages and had no desire to use them again. Put that money toward my new TV (60" Sony X900h).

PS4 Pro is with a buddy for a while as his base PS4 was having issues. Well sell that off once he finds a PS5.

Assuming a Switch Pro is a thing, I'll probably sell my launch Switch (has some damage) and maybe Switch Lite too and upgrade.

I never keep old hardware as I very rarely want to replay anything.

Nope, my wife gets my hand-me-downs, then my son gets hers. His old parts end up in a storage tub with all the other outdated hardware that I hold on to for no real reason.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Due to getting a PS5 and building a new PC, I've recently sold the following hardware via eBay:

1. i7-5820K @ $75.00
2. 8 x 4GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM @ $55.00
3. EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 @ $400.00
4. PlayStation 4 Pro @ $250.00
5. Xbox One X @ $350.00

What about you guys? What have you sold?
Damn you got $350 for the X? I need to get an ebay account.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sold my PS4 Pro for £240, and my Xbox One S without a controller for £130.

The One S only cost me £170 on Black Friday 2 years ago.

Bought a Series S, getting a PS5 Digital towards the end of the year.

Not sold, but I gave my PS4 to a kid, who is being raised by his grandparents since his parents have a drug problem and couldn't raise him. His grandparents couldn't afford one and he really wanted a PS4.

I also moved my Xbox One into the playroom for our kids to play GamePass. But, now it won't turn on at all, so I need to figure out if it's completely broken or not.

Still have all our Switch consoles. We got another Lite for our 4 year-old for Christmas, bringing our total up to six Switches in our house (my regular, my Lite, a Lite for each of our three kids and a regular one they share).

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I sold my Pro. It was a really easy decision. There's no nostalgia factor for it since PS5 plays all the PS4 games and sometimes does a way better job at it.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm just about to sell my own PS4 Pro, I've waited a bit to make sure the PS5 was all okay. I get £155 on brightstar in the UK but may try ebay to get a small bump on that since I've been selling my old, valuable gamecube games on there recently so I'm back in the ebay groove.

Same. I played my PS5 for a few days and everything seems fine, so I may as well sell my 4 Pro. Not sure where yet. May just dump it at the local Gamestop for some credit.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Due to getting a PS5 and building a new PC, I've recently sold the following hardware via eBay:

1. i7-5820K @ $75.00
5. Xbox One X @ $350.00

Damn you've sold just about exactly what I have!

MSI DUKE 1080 Ti @$675
Xbox One X @ $399
PS4 Pro + 3 games @ $340
Xbox One OG Bundle w/games controllers, chargers @ $299
Oculus Rift S @ $299
Xbox Elite Controller Series 1 @ $90

I had no idea there was a market for used CPUs and RAM though so thanks for posting this thread! I will be parting out my old PC for sure.

Last edited:

Tschumi

PS3 to soften the blow off a ps4 pro.. pawn shop gave me like 15 bucks for it.. but i was rushing and wanted to do it incognito so i couldn't wait for someone to buy it online for a better price, so i ate the few hundred dollars of fail

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I got scammed off Ebay once and don't feel like meeting with randoms on Craigslist so I just keep my stuff. I kept my PS4Pro, XB1S and XB1X even though they aren't too useful. Walmart still shipped me an extra PS5 preorder I canceled back in November (never charged) so I still have an extra PS5 not opened too.

njean777

Sold my ps4 when I got my ps5, still have my Xbox One X for now. Don't think I am going to get a series x as of right now.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Damn you've sold just about exactly what I have!

MSI DUKE 1080 Ti @$675
Xbox One X @ $399
PS4 Pro + 3 games @ $340
Xbox One OG Bundle w/games controllers, chargers @ $299
Oculus Rift S @ $299
Xbox Elite Controller Series 1 @ $90

I had no idea there was a market for used CPUs and RAM though so thanks for posting this thread! I will be parting out my old PC for sure.

How the heck did you sell your hardware for so much money? $675 for a 1080Ti? $399 for an Xbox One X? And so on. Are you using Canadian dollars?

mxbison

Got super lucky and managed to get a 3070FE for 499€ at launch. Sold my 1070 for 160€.

Don't usually sell console stuff, I'll just give my PS4 to my nephew when I manage to get a PS5.

Cato

Banned

1. i7-5820K @ $75.00
5. Xbox One X @ $350.00

I don't believe you. You have fucked so many buyers over on ebay already I do not believe you are not banned there.
Or people looking at your seller feedback would think "yeah, this guy seems legit. I will definitely do business with him and send him money."

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I don't believe you. You have fucked so many buyers over on ebay already I do not believe you are not banned there.
Or people looking at your seller feedback would think "yeah, this guy seems legit. I will definitely do business with him and send him money."

Hold on a sec.

Last edited:

Roberts

After I bought XSX, I gave my One X to a friend until he gets himself one. The deal is that he will sell the old console himself and I will get the money. I played everything I wanted to play on my Ps4 Pro so I gave it to my sister's kid who really wanted PS5, but his parents missed all pre-orders. I guess I will get it back when they do get one. By then TLOU2 will probably get a discount so I might breeze through it and sell the console for good.

Kuranghi

Same. I played my PS5 for a few days and everything seems fine, so I may as well sell my 4 Pro. Not sure where yet. May just dump it at the local Gamestop for some credit.
Not sure if you are in the UK but Brightstar (Amazon related I think) offer £155 for it as long as its "good condition" and has all original accessories. I was going to go for that maybe.

I've not done it yet because I'm waiting to see if there will be an update to add my pictures and videoes from the Pro into my PS5, I can just wang it on a pendrive and keep it (I'd probably never see them again that way) or import it (poorly, folder by folder and its not grouped by game) into the PS5 media section and hope they update it to recognise it.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I sell old stuff constantly on ebay and fb marketplace.

Recently sold an i7 4000T cpu, a z87 matx mobo, gtx 1080, razr bluetootj mouse, some old DS games, a star fox 64 box (box only no game) etc etc.

MrMephistoX

I was considering selling my last gen consoles but hooked them up to a monitor with fight sticks instead. Will probably get a gaming PC but it’s harder to sell during a pandemic and I don’t feel like risking COVID or getting robbed in broad daylight in SF since meeting up at a Starbucks isn’t an option. I’ve gotten fucked by eBay too many times to go that route.

Last edited:

lachesis

I used to. Back in the usenet day/college day, I used sell off my games along with consoles all the time when I was done with it... mostly for import Saturn games, as well as NeoGeo cartridges and all.

As for PC, I still do - mostly because I have no use for the older ones, so I tend to sell them off on ebay if they are still usable.

Last time I sold off my stuff was not to get the new hardware, but to help funding my new house building... kicker is that I got divorced afterwards and had to sell the house, which I sold all my collections for... and was back to zero. I have fraction of what I used to own now, but I think I'll just keep it that way.... just get the ones I really want, and forget the rest or go digital.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I sold X1X for around 350USD, which was pretty good sell, also sold PS4 Pro for around 200USD after finishing GoT. So I was set from the get go, not that it matters, but I don't like old junk having in my house, it's annoying.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
How the heck did you sell your hardware for so much money? $675 for a 1080Ti? $399 for an Xbox One X? And so on. Are you using Canadian dollars?
Nah USD. But I did sell the consoles just before the new ones launched.

It's all about the descriptions and pictures man!

Sold my i7-6700 tonight for $199 plus shipping. Not even sure if that's a good price or not but I wouldn't have thought to do it if it wasn't for this thread. Thanks.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Over the summer I sold my 7700K and motherboard when I upgraded to a 10700K and new motherboard. Today I shipped out my old 750w psu since I've been using my new 1000w psu for several months now. I kept my ps3 even though I have a ps5 now though.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I always sell old PC hardware but never consoles. Though it makes sense to sell PS4 and Xbone.
I would but I won't until I'm 100% sure the Ps5 works with my arcade/weird controllers.

Ozrimandias

Sold my PS4 Pro....

I started to think on selling my PS3 Slim with tons of Ps2 and PSone classics, my Vita Tv and my PS Vita, both with henkakku and Retroarch, but.........naah, what do you say.

Top Bottom