• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you seen an actual PS5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
I think they are just putting white popped collars on a PS4 Pro and pretending they have a system ready. I heard rumors that they were really behind, and with them using that "Captured on PS5" lie to pretend that they've competently created software on their new platform for years and didn't wait until the last second like fucking morons, I can see the rumors were true.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Haven’t you seen the text on the non-gameplay trailers that says “captured on ps5”?? They definitely can’t lie about that, all footage from Ps5 consoles put that there by default and it can’t be removed. Them lying about it for uncharted 4 was a one off. Lying about it for no mans sky was also a one off. Lying about it for killzone 2 was also a one off.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Imagine if Sony skipped PS5 and went right to PS6.

tenor.gif

FranXico

Like how come he did not show us the machine?!

The closest we have is the plastic blades shown in some of the leaks. But that's it?!
He showed the controller and played a personalized demo with it, either on a devkit or his PC.
Oh my, the console must be fake! It doesn't exist! Sony clearly went through the trouble to make controllers, but not consoles!

Concern! Concern!
Fear! Uncertainty! Doubt!

Vognerful

He showed the controller and played a personalized demo with it, either on a devkit or his PC.
Oh my, the console must be fake! It doesn't exist! Sony clearly went through the trouble to make controllers, but not consoles!

Concern! Concern!
Fear! Uncertainty! Doubt!
Bro it has nothing to do with the console being fake. I really wanna see how the actual machine looks like.

Like how come he did not show us the machine?!

The closest we have is the plastic blades shown in some of the leaks. But that's it?!

I don't know don't you think the plastic blades are for something? Maybe you think it's some sort of pooper scooper but then there's this.

ps5-render-cropped.jpg

Doesn't that look familiar?

Also Sony still said they are launching this year so I'm assuming they are launching the actual hardware.

We will launch this year -- that will happen -- and from my end we will absolutely make sure that we will bring all of the magic and all of the excitement of launches that we have had in the past.

I mean a delay can still happen but it's very unlikely after they said all this. As for the hardware it actually exists and we have seen games run on it.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Vognerful

I wondered the same thing about this thread. At best, you're joking.
I was referring to your point that it was running from PC part.... A more reasonable guess I have is that Sony put a restriction on him not to show or discuss anything o the machine.

Vognerful

I don't know don't you think the plastic blades are for something? Maybe you think it's some sort of pooper scooper but then there's this.

ps5-render-cropped.jpg

Doesn't that look familiar?

Also Sony still said they are launching this year so I'm assuming they are launching the actual hardware.

Can l get non rendered photos please?

skneogaf

Can anyone remember if there were demo units out in the wild for past consoles? I do find it strange how little we see of these new consoles.

skneogaf

Demo stations mean that people will probably crowd around them therefore spreading Covid 19.

I mean that's really the only reason why I think they are not doing them.

I think neither could handle being in a clear plastic housing like the previous demo stations.

Last edited:
I think neither could handle being in a clear plastic housing like the previous demo stations.

That's actually a good point. You certainly don't want the consoles dying while people are trying them out. However I don't see how they couldn't design the demo stations to stop that problem.

It's strange how we've seen the xbox series x in people's hands but no games yet not seen the ps5 in people's hands yet seen loads of games!

One of them could be getting a delay.

But with Sony ramping up their marketing and confirming a holiday release I'm not so sure about them.

And then Microsoft insiders just dropped that Microsoft will be doing an event soon. They will be announcing something next week.

So I really don't know what to think anymore. I guess just wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
I really like your bad interpretation of my questions.

A consumer is. It allowed to see a picture of what he wants to buy? Would you also extend this treatment to say I am not also allowed to ask how much does it cost until it's released?

You do know that Sony and Microsoft will reveal the price before the systems are released right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom