• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Having a shower is such a chore in winter

Tesseract

Banned
Heated tiles in the bathroom plus towel warmers
giphy.gif

somerset

Didn't the original American pioneers used to sew themselves (and their kids) into their clothes for the Winter? I always assumed those America 'onsies' originated from this tradition, with the 'trapdoor' the only way males and females could relieve themselves in the Winter months.

On the flip side, I smelled the fur of my cat recently- it it had a better scent than anything Humans gain from all their washing chemicals. It doesn't seen logical that just a cat's tongue does better on fur than anything I use on my hair.

Of course, in the modern world, those nations that process cold the best don't have citizens shivering indoors all throughout the Winter. Look at Siberia for instance, or even Moscow. Or go back to the Roman nobs in their villas in Britian, with their underfloor heating systems- they probably spent most of Winter near naked indoors, and certainly wouldn't have avoided thier saunas or baths.

Being cold is a very backward way to live, even in the coldest climates. Man solved the tech issues, as I said, even in the Roman Age. So if your local masters deem it acceptable for their sheeple to freeze in their homes (green sh-t inflating the cost of heating etc), something is badly out of wack.

Codes 208

45F is cold? For me thats just enough to wear shorts.

I guess Im just used to Minnesota’s -20F (-29C) winter spells.

Top Bottom