• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Having trouble finding Etrian Odyssey?

JoeMartin

1zn7mle.jpg

I hear its hard to find at any rate, but in my pursuit for rarer RPGs I've happened to stumble across two copies in the last two days. It's used, but it may as well be new for the condition its in; original box, manual included.

If you're genuinely interested in giving the game a go it's yours, free, no strings attached.

First person to land the request wins. I'll ship it tomorrow morning.

200px-Itsatrap.jpg
etc etc.

legend166

JoeMartin said:
It's like 4 bucks I think. Don't worry about it.

Are you sure? I mean, it would take me two seconds right now to do it :p

Do you want me to PM my address?

<3

You're my new favourite gaffer.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Semantic Continuum said:
We need an official Gift Thread.
Let's show gamers are beyond nerdish levels and actually open to people :D
Seconded, I have a couple games I wouldn't mind giving away. But I guess we could just use the buy, sell, trade thread.

JoeMartin

legend166 said:
Are you sure? I mean, it would take me two seconds right now to do it :p

Do you want me to PM my address?

<3

You're my new favourite gaffer.

Whoop sorry had to run out for a sec. Yeah just PM me your address and I'll get it out tomorrow.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Eh what the hell. I'll give my copy away as well since I don't touch it anymore - trying to get rid of some of my software but Etrian Odyssey deserves a freebie gift I think.

Although I'll only be able to ship through Australia sorry lads.

Sagitario

speedpop said:
Eh what the hell. I'll give my copy away as well since I don't touch it anymore - trying to get rid of some of my software but Etrian Odyssey deserves a freebie gift I think.

Although I'll only be able to ship through Australia sorry lads.

You ship your copy to legend166 (he's in Australia) so JoeMartin can ship his to me... please...

Ever since hearing that DS and GBA cards/carts have limited saves, I've been paranoid of buying used games. Especially games like this where the original owner might have saved a lot.

lyre

EEPROM can be overwritten tens of thousands of times. Unless you save 5 times a second for every single second of your life (which I think you might actually do), that'll still take you 10 years or some insane time like that before the EEPROM dies.

Also, are you afraid that the internal flash memory in your Wii will die any time soon? Cause if you do, you should stop playing with your Wii RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND (not hard to do anyway).

mjc said:
Get ready to get raped in EO, it's tough but addicting and fun.
The game is only insanely hard in the first 5 floors or so. After that, your levels are higher and you have enough skills to get you through the rest of the game without much difficulty (even if you skip quests). Don't forget to unlock the Warp Wire item.

Chris Michael said:
Ever since hearing that DS and GBA cards/carts have limited saves, I've been paranoid of buying used games. Especially games like this where the original owner might have saved a lot.

Lol wut? It's not like there's a little gnome inside your DS that writes your saves with paper and pencil!

Or is there?

Get ready to get raped in EO, it's tough but addicting and fun.

It is extremely hard...I just got bored after a while because of the lack of plot. They throw you for a loop at the
skyscraper
level, but I didn't play past the final boss of that. I heard that the ending
doesn't explain much.

Flynn

...and that's why JoeMartin is NeoGAF's member of the month!

Walk into any Subway during your reign and you'll get a free 6" sub when you purchase a 6" sub. Sorry no substitutions.

Death_Born said:
Lol wut? It's not like there's a little gnome inside your DS that writes your saves with paper and pencil!

Or is there?

As far as I know, for GBA and DS games you can only save a certain amount of times. It's a huge number as far as I know, but I've certainly heard stories of GBA/DS games not saving progress because they've been used too much.

NolbertoS

Nice gesture, I may a gesture like that many times on IGN in the past for free games and free Insider. You know that Etrian Odyssey is becoming so rare that it's commanding more money on ebay to sell.

Mudhoney

I just may do this. I was lucky enough to find it at GameStop a while ago and I loved playing it. I wouldn't mind letting someone else have it for free.

Linkup

Mudhoney said:
I just may do this. I was lucky enough to find it at GameStop a while ago and I loved playing it. I wouldn't mind letting someone else have it for free.

Wouldn't mind playing it. I'll pm.

Seth C

Is it really that good? I saw a few copies at a game shop in eastern Kentucky but passed as I'd never actually heard of it.

Seth C said:
Is it really that good? I saw a few copies at a game shop in eastern Kentucky but passed as I'd never actually heard of it.

its not a game for everyone but it was my favorite DS game of 07. when i first started playing it was like crack.

Brendon

Hmm... The GameStop I was at earlier today had like 5 copies of it left. Maybe I should pick some up for giveaways.

If there are ANY copies that any posters are giving away but haven't yet, I'm very interested.

I had no idea this game was so hard to find. I'll pay shipping!

Jimmy Stav said:
If there are ANY copies that any posters are giving away but haven't yet, I'm very interested.

I had no idea this game was so hard to find. I'll pay shipping!
Ditto here! I've been looking for this game for a couple weeks to no avail.

You're a good man, OP!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
JoeMartin, you are a cool guy. Props, dude.

Top Bottom