• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hawkeye |OT| Bro...

NahaNago

Not necessarily. I've been deaf most of my life. I only knew my home was being broken into because I could feel the vibrations of someone walking and then of them pounding on the door trying to come into the bedroom. It was the only reason, apart from divine intervention, that we were protected.
That makes sense. You would have to be extra aware of your surroundings if you can't hear and vibrations would be the next best thing to eyesight when you're deaf. Vibrations and sound tend to go together quite often so I'm not sure if I used to rely on vibrations or the sound of my dad's footsteps when I was younger to become quiet when he was making sure we were sleeping.
No she can detect vibrations, sort of like DD but not as precise, which is what her reveal scene with the speakers was alluding to.
I missed the speaker thing. I would have thought that they would have instead have the character have a really strong visual memory of everything around her so she could easily interact with things in a fight (watching everything in slow mo in order to react)and maybe also have nearly photographic memory, but these skill sets would work better if she was a detective.

ManaByte

Black Widow Beating GIF by Regal

Last edited:

sol_bad

Episode 4 was great as well, loved seeing Kate and Clint just hang out, some nice emotional beats too.
was very exciting seeing Yelena at the end. I wonder if her and Kate know each other. Cool action scene. Still no sign of Kingpin.
:messenger_astonished:

Cocksman

Interesting that they haven’t touched on Maya’s mimic ability at all yet . I guess they are saving that for her show.

Methos#1975

I don't get the complaints about this not being the Hawkeye show but the Kate Bishop show instead, Clint is very much the focal point of it.

Last edited:
The show is fine. If you want to talk about woke, The Falcon And The Winter Soldier and Black Widow are woke. Not to mention terrible shows.

I'm enjoying this show way more than those two.

I don't see the Falcon and the winter soldier as woke I thought Falcon struggeling with the legacy of the shield and John Walkers version of Captain America a complete opposite to what Steve was interesting to see.

I also loved that we got to see the city Madripor in live action and the whole trio with Zemo, Barnes and Falcon was hillarious and the shield moment with John Walker was a hell of a shot.

So not sure why it's called woke unless you are mad about the scene where we meet the other super soldier Isaiah Bradley, who was locked up and experimented on by Hydra which honestly provided a dark subtext.

So what woke stuff ?

Also if you don't like the show that's fine but the word WOKE seems to be used more and more for things people don't like anymore, and I frankly also hate when things are woke but never really saw that show as that.

Last edited:

sol_bad

So not sure why it's called woke unless you are mad about the scene where we meet the other super soldier Isaiah Bradley, who was locked up and experimented on by Hydra which honestly provided a dark subtext.

So what woke stuff ?

Also if you don't like the show that's fine but the word WOKE seems to be used more and more for things people don't like anymore, and I frankly also hate when things are woke but never really saw that show as that.

And the Isaiah Bradley story happened in the comics in 2005 or so. Back then it was perfectly fine to have a story like that with no issues. Now it's apparently woke. I don't get it.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Daily's is about to see a boost in sales, methinks.

Fun episode. I'm thinking Maya's second in command is Kate's step father's son.

And Hawkeye is so good he can tap the same wrong buttons over and over and still draft the message he wants

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
I love how people can't figure out that no one cares what the original intentions of being woke meant, woke = shit. It's shit.

Xenon

Episode 4 was pretty good. It's nice to see Hawkeye featured in his own series. Show still spins it's wheels more then actually getting on with the plot. I feel like they really want us to spend time to get to now Kate, which thus far hasn't been that interesting.

AJUMP23

Is Kate a High schooler in the show? I can't remember, and I would wonder what a high schooler is doing hanging out with a much older man.

Show is fun though.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Is Kate a High schooler in the show? I can't remember, and I would wonder what a high schooler is doing hanging out with a much older man.

Show is fun though.
Nah, she is college aged, not that it really changes the age dynamic. I wish she was a little more appreciative of the danger she is in though. Clint, I can see being a bit jaded about dealing with street thugs after all his shit, but when they are both seemingly unconcerned about getting shot at or having molotovs tossed at them it really dials down the tension IMHO.

I'm glad that so far there is more of a mentor relationship and way less of a father daughter one. Clint has his own family again and Kate, blessedly, doesn't seem to be in perpetual "searching to replace my wonderful daddy" mode. This level of maturity in writing is so often absent today where every writer seems to be scripting their own therapy sessions into the show.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I think they are going for enthusiastic, which after EONS of disinterested or even remorseful, apathetic, or downright unwilling heroes is also refreshing. But still, when she is smiling while being tied up by gun toting thugs it defuses the menace a bit. I did like that the mom called her out for being "rich and young" and how that makes her very unaware of life in general, so there is that character flaw as well (assuming that IS a flaw on the show). Maybe a few rounds of torture will give her some appreciation of life's fragility.

I don't THINK they are portraying Kate as foolishly reckless and irresponsible, but if they are going for stubborn, headstrong, and (over)confident then they need to have her lose some and grow a bit.

Javthusiast

Banned
It is pretty okay so far. No outstanding action, no good villains. Just some fast food that goes in and you are hungry for something more substantial soon after.

The two lead actors carry it with their charisma, other than that pretty basic shit.

Fighting in the latest episode on the roof was some cw tier choreo.

Last edited:

trikster40

I’m beginning to think we aren’t going to actually SEE kingpin in this series. Hints, references, but no visual sightings. Kinda hope they save him for whatever the first product with Charlie Cox as Daredevil is.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
I’m beginning to think we aren’t going to actually SEE kingpin in this series. Hints, references, but no visual sightings. Kinda hope they save him for whatever the first product with Charlie Cox as Daredevil is.
It's going to be Kate Bishop's stepfather. Lalo Salamanca is the kingpin in the mcu.

Irobot82

With the MCU movies, we mostly only see the heroes being heroes and saving the world. I find myself really enjoying the groundedness (if that's a word) of this show. Hawkeye is clearly dealing with PTSD from losing his best fiend. Getting old, going deaf from dealing with so many explosions and concussive blasts. He's dealing with his past, going off the rocker (Ronin). It's really great to see something like this.

Soodanim

Daily's is about to see a boost in sales, methinks.

Fun episode. I'm thinking Maya's second in command is Kate's step father's son.

And Hawkeye is so good he can tap the same wrong buttons over and over and still draft the message he wants

There’s been so many “Let’s watch a character type a message” shots and they’ve all been odd stuff like that. I get that no one wants to see an accurately typed message, but that’s not the only way to have done it. Every other show in the world does it well enough.

Was it just me or did they do two slowmo bass drops in a really short time towards the end of episode 4?

jason10mm

Gold Member
The end fight of ep4 was really confusing with 4 people all in black wrestling. I couldn't tell if it was a 2 on 2, 3 on 1, or a 2 on 1 on 1.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Love Hawkeye. :) Cant wait for Episode 6. Now just let Daredevil appear in one of the last episodes and introduce Charlie Cox to the MCU

Last edited:

ManaByte

No it hasn't.

Campea isn't in the leaking business, if he had a source for this "legit" image he would have had a source for years and could have leaked many things. It could just be him stirring the pot to show how easy it can be to make something look real. Sony contacting Campea, that's what he says, doesn't make it true. The images have really high contrast and look fishy.

If it turns out to be real, so be it. But this image doesn't prove anything.

Remember how it was 100% confirmed that Omega Red would be in Shang Chi and the film would be about a tournament. And people were confident that WandaVision would introduce mutants to the MCU.

Jesse Pinkman Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

The leaked image was 100% real.

It's Cox's only scene in NWH. They're in Peter's apartment and he explains he was able to get all of the charges dropped. Someone throws a brick through the window with a note that says "I BELEIVE MYSTERIO" and Cox catches it. They look at him surprised and he says "I'm a very good lawyer."

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
I thought it sucked. The only thing that's good is the christmas setting and they even mad e that annoying. It feels like I'm watching power rangers or some shit but without any charm.

Vestal

Gold Member
Very happy to see they are doing this. Charlie Cox was a fantastic DD, and D'Onofrio is Kingpin!!!!

Hopefully we get Jon Bernthal back as well :)

Top Bottom