• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's The Last of Us premieres 15th Jan 2023

Bartski

Gold Member
Edit: it's official.

HBO Max seems to have quietly updated their TLOU show page with premiere date info

9sbOKPx.jpg

5LJPVQu.jpg

Last edited:

Pelta88

I know that on gaf the conversation about this show was more to do with Bella's looks. But outside that narrow view, this series is shaping up to be huge. I honestly think it'll surpass AMC's Walking Dead peak viewership with ease.

HTK

Banned
Season 2 will replace Pedro Pascal with Gerard Butler. Abby will be played by none other than Dwayne Johnson.
Oh god don’t put a curse on this.

I avoid anything “The Rock” touches. That dude is so one dimensional its insane to me he gets all these movie roles. Literally the worst actor around.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'll be giving it a go. I know my superfan friend is going to want to talk to me about it, and she'll be disappointed if I don't.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I know the show will probably start like the beginning of the game with the loss of a child. I’m probably going to just skip that part.

Hopefully it's as good as the first series of The Walking Dead. Still not fond of the casting of Pedro as Joe but at least he's a reasonably big name to get this as many viewers as possible.

I need some new things to watch so I'll give it a try, I generally have little faith in video games turned to cinema/tv media but I really liked Chernobyl and Last of Us is pretty much the closest video games get to cinema/tv

Pelta88

How me and everyone who said back in 2013, that TLOU would make an incredible TV show... Will be dancing on Jan 15th when the iconic intro music kicks in.

H1VL.gif

It'll be a better TV show than a game, seeing as how the game is essentially a beyond padded and mediocre episode of The Walking Dead with some terrible gameplay segments thrown in.

Top Bottom