• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDR Gaming Thread - PC, 1X, PRO

MAXIMUM DENSITY

Neo Member
No problems with creation update+last nvidia drivers. Most of games work well with HDR. Only few developers have not updated games for properly HDR support - mass effect andromeda/ shadow warrior 2 hdr is broken. Even Agents of mayhem HDR was fixed with last game update.
Okay, thanks for the info. I’m gonna try a couple games when I get home.

A.Romero

HDR was working flawlessly on PC until Microsoft pushed out the Creators update earlier this year. The 378.92 Nvidia driver was last one that worked for me. Nvidia has stated that the Creators update overrides their HDR API. This is strictly on Microsoft’s end and needs to be fixed. If you google it you’ll find a lot of threads on this subject. 👍🏻

No problems with creation update+last nvidia drivers. Most of games work well with HDR. Only few developers have not updated games for properly HDR support - mass effect andromeda/ shadow warrior 2 hdr is broken. Even Agents of mayhem HDR was fixed with last game update.

Thanks a lot for the info. I've been reading up on this but it's so complicated. I'm a technical person and very enthusiast about this stuff but it has never been so complicated as it is now.

@Carsar your desktop works fine with HDR activated on the Nvidia CP and with HDR activated on the TV?

What's your card + TV combo?

carsar

@Carsar your desktop works fine with HDR activated on the Nvidia CP and with HDR activated on the TV?

What's your card + TV combo?
Desktop looks very dim when I turn on HDR through windows settings. However only Win store games require to turn on hdr through W10 settings.
Other games switch to HDR automatically(you need select hdr through ingame menu, no more).
Nvidia color settings should be at auto, because when you launch HDR game, driver sets 422 10 bit automatically. When you return to SDR -driver sets 444 rgb automatically. Only one bad thing - rgb range is locked to limited. If you want full range -you need to set SDR settings manually.
980 ti+ks8500

A.Romero

Desktop looks very dim when I turn on HDR through windows settings. However only Win store games require to turn on hdr through W10 settings.
Other games switch to HDR automatically(you need select hdr through ingame menu, no more).
Nvidia color settings should be at auto, because when you launch HDR game, driver sets 422 10 bit automatically. When you return to SDR -driver sets 444 rgb automatically. Only one bad thing - rgb range is locked to limited. If you want full range -you need to set SDR settings manually.
980 ti+ks8500

Awesome! This sounds pretty reasonable. I think the only game in my library that supports HDR is RE7 so I'm OK with HDR only working when enabled on the game menu.

Thanks for the info.

How is your 8500? Did you get any bleed or white spots on yours?

CyberChulo

Just got Mass Effect Andromeda for the Pro. Is it me or is the HDR is this game excessively bright? It's to the point where it's starting to hurt my eyes. I've adjusted it so that the two white boxes align. But that shit is super bright!

Valonquar

Assassin's Creed: Origins looks pretty dang nice , and the large variation of enviroments in the game really shines in HDR

llien

Gran Turismo Sport - PS4 Pro

1508426529-gran-turismo-tm-sport-20171019170350.png

Sorry to resurrect the thread (although I'd say it's interesting in 2018 too), I find this pic curious in the light of the "ray tracing" noise by nv.

Top Bottom