• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDTVtest: Vizio's Fall 2020 TVs will have full 48 GBps HDMI 2.1 ports

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

These are the 2021 models, but they are releasing this fall. Unlike LGs TVs, these TVs will only have two HDMI 2.1 ports.

Vizio will also be releasing their first OLED panel. Still made by LG Display (a separate entity from LG Electronics)

Vizio offers outstanding bang for buck and are often very good TVs for what you pay.

Those of you in the market for HDMI 2.1 TVs, should consider these. Unlike Samsung, Vizio supports Dolby Vision.

We love options and Vizio is providing them!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Vizio lol

Anyway full bandwidth doesn't matter. The LG TVs with reduced bandwidth will work just fine because they are 10bit panels. Full bandwidth only matters if you're at 12 bit.

Still going with LG.
I'm not sure how how VIzio will do with OLED, and I seriously doubt that Vizio will be getting the best panels from LG Display.
I own a full bandwidth C9, so I am good!!

The Quantum X series have been absolutely outstanding TVs and definitely should be considered.

Not to mention that Vizio TVs get good sales.

GriffinCorp

I purchased their 2016 P series and it has a great picture, so I can't wait to see more reviews on the Quantum X line and I've been holding out on the CX to see how their OLED stacks up. Vizio is really good on keeping the OS updates rolling to older models, I still has updates coming to my model and it's 4 years old. I think LG and Sony update for a year or two and that's it.

Theres some good and bad things with the Visio 65p I got in 2016.

The good is they worked really hard to keep the software updated and radically changed the interface to drop the requirement of using a tablet or phone when that was determined unpopular and even sent every owner a free remote later. They added a bunch of features and HDR updates during the HDR transition.

The bad is that the HDMI inputs spec vary greatly from port to port. I didn't know this was a thing back then and it pissed me off to find that the port with the most input lag was the only one to support the HDMI and HDR standards they advertise.

Second, and this is a per panel thing but mine has terrible uniformity, it will be the reason I go with OLED or mini led as my next tv set. What sucks is I traded in a Samsung KS8000 for this for the same reason and still got a shitty panel at which point I gave up.

Its unbelievable to me that panel lottery is a thing for devices that cost thousands of dollars and completely soured me on future tv purchases.

intbal

Every TV I own is a Vizio.
Because they're cheap and, so far, have been "good enough".
Will have to wait and see how their next generation of displays stack up.
Also, they're not so cheap any more.

Rikkori

The Vizio OLED will be shit, just like the Hisense one was, and will still be expensive, so 0 reasons to buy one. They can't even get their LCDs right, which is much easier to do, but they'll outdo LG & Sony? LOL!

As for their LCDs, there's an argument for them when they're heavily discounted but they're gimped in many ways in order to save money so you have to be ruthless when researching them in order to find out exactly what's cut and what's subpar. There end up being a lot of compromises that add up to a lot imo. In the end I find them hard to recommend for gamers & PC users considering the alternatives.

Jigga117

They only have 2 HDMI 2.1 ports for all the models and my understanding is that the OLED isn't releasing until the end of this year.

KellyNole

My current tv is Vizio. It was my first venture into the Vizio products. The TV is P65-C1. It is a good tv, but the colors, and uniformity are somewhat of an issue. Not sure I will go with Vizio again for a little bit due to their consistency issues in the panel lottery.

Vizio TVs are terrible at panel control, which is why they're so cheap! There should have never been a lottery panel in thousand dollar plus TVs.

Last edited:

Vasto

Got my eye on the OLED and the PQX! 2 full bandwith HDMI 2.1 and all HDR formats. Pricing is right now just need to see some reviews!

Top Bottom