• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"He has zero recoil and perfect aim"... Cronusmax and StrikePack

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Are they cheating? Popular gameplay YouTubers, Call of Duty players, and even competitive FPS pro players are accused of using these cheating devices to get gameplay. How do some players have no recoil or perfect accuracy and aim? In this video, we take a further educational look at these devices that some players use to cheat

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yes they are cheating my nephews use them. Have seen them use single shot DMR rifles in full auto with no recoil. These things come with a mod pass a cheating paid service.

Sad thing is they are sold right next to the controllers in Walmart.

If you use just the paddles they actually feel pretty nice.

They are a lot more devices then just these as well.

You wanna see this thing used in action? Watch Apex Legends sweaty console players. You'll see near perfect accurate shots and no recoil pattern what so ever. Now when I play using a regular controller, all my weapons kick like a bitch. I'm sad now

Thedtrain

Yes they are cheating my nephews use them. Have seen them use single shot DMR rifles in full auto with no recoil. These things come with a mod pass a cheating paid service.

Sad thing is they are sold right next to the controllers in Walmart.

If you use just the paddles they actually feel pretty nice.

They are a lot more devices then just these as well.
So I’m not crazy when I watch a kill cam in warzone and there is no recoil at all

G-Bus

Banned
What. The. Fuck.

Oh well, I've been done with apex legends for a bit now. I got fucking 80mbs connection and i always have lag issues. Only in apex though.

jigglet

Banned
I have been programming for the Titan device for 5 years (it's the original version, the one the owners of Cronus Max stole from).

I refuse to help people write scripts for anti-recoil and whatnot. I use it purely for quality of life improvements.

These devices are a godsend for people like me. I have serious carpel tunnel and I rely on this. But as with anything, people abuse the shit out of it.

Last edited:
Yep, local stores in Australia like JB HiFi sell these fucking cheating devices. It pisses me off, I want to report them somewhere. Xbox/Sony/Ninty all need to crack down on this shit being sold at all. Just look at the description -

Hundreds of mod combinations are possible. Optimized Rapid Fire, Fully Adjustable Rapid Fire, Adjustable Burst Fire, Pulse Fire, Optimized Jitter Fire for Brecci & Shieva weapons, Adjustable Anti-recoil, Adjustable Quickscope, Auto Run, Drop Shot, Reload & Slide, Easy Double Jump, Adjustable Button Turbo 2.0, Auto Hold Breath, Battlefield™ Auto spot, Rumble Control, Hair Triggers and Motion Control Reload all built in and ready when you need them!

Fuck these devices and legality of sale, the platforms and devs should ban them.

Max_Po

Banned
no fucking way... I get instant kill by snipers without using scope in doody ... is this because of devices like these ?

This may be dumb, but how does a controller mod change weapon recoil in a game? Wouldn't that be some kind of randomized bias added to the sight position on the game side?

GenericUser

Damn, I didn't know that. All my ambitions to get to gold rank in siege: gone. Fuck cheaters. I knew something was wrong, some people have inhuman reflexes and aiming capabilities.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Y'all never hear of the Xim? I used it all the time on the 360/PS3. I hate playing shooter with a controller, always felt like garbage.

Though, now I don't even play competitively on consoles anymoee, full of screeching as kids and just isn't much fun.

D.Final

Banned

Are they cheating? Popular gameplay YouTubers, Call of Duty players, and even competitive FPS pro players are accused of using these cheating devices to get gameplay. How do some players have no recoil or perfect accuracy and aim? In this video, we take a further educational look at these devices that some players use to cheat

Really amazing and cool stuff here

I know a guy who uses these. Funnily enough, he used to be one of those "I play shooters on console because PC is full of cheaters" people. Now that he has become a cheater himself he plays on console because he's less likely to be caught and banned there.

Last edited:

Banned
This may be dumb, but how does a controller mod change weapon recoil in a game? Wouldn't that be some kind of randomized bias added to the sight position on the game side?

most good shooters actually have predictable recoil patterns so you can actually master a weapon and to make it so that skill decides who wins and not randomness like in some less well designed games... *cough* Fortnite *cough*

So in Apex Legends for example you can go into the shooting range and just shoot a wall without touching the right stick, and you'll see a recurring recoil pattern that you can learn and then reliably push against so you shoot straight.
some weapons have small amounts of randomness build in to balance them, but the recoil is always more or less the same.

pg14jzd305g21.png

so if you have a Scrip that automatically neutralises the recoil pattern of the R301 in Apex, it will basically shoot straight like a laser. and its recoil will always be almost 100% identical no matter how often you shoot it.
the recoil pattern of the weapon resets every time you stop shooting, so the cheating device just has to reset it's script every time you let go of R2.

Last edited:
I ordered a apex xim so I can play doom eternal but I haven't received it yet, but been playing warzone with m&k on ps4, only downside is you don't get the sticky aim, wish more games had m&k support.

I wanna try m+k for Warzone on PS4 but man, games have so many fucking buttons these days lol. Last time I played a PC FPS I just needed like, WASD, numbers, maybe two action buttons, and jump/shoot. Just trying to wrap my head around a Warzone keybinding is making my hand hurt.

I wanna try m+k for Warzone on PS4 but man, games have so many fucking buttons these days lol. Last time I played a PC FPS I just needed like, WASD, numbers, maybe two action buttons, and jump/shoot. Just trying to wrap my head around a Warzone keybinding is making my hand hurt.
It took me awhile to bind all the keys, I don't use wasd becaus I always end up hitting something else, so I use the arrows, but even now I still wanna move some buttons around.

wvnative

I am so pissed off at this.

For those who don't know my posting history, I was born with a degenerative muscle wasting disease, spinal muscular atrophy, the older I get the weaker I get.

Never struggled to play video games as a young kid, I had a unique way of holding the ps1 controller that worked.

The PS2 forced analog sticks on me, making the controller harder to hold, but i adapted my way of playing.

The PS3/Wii forced unusable motion controls on me, and PS3 games featured heavy use of L3/R3, buttons I didn't have the strength to push. On Wii, I only bought games the supported traditional controllers, on PS3, I'd skate by without the L3/R3 buttons or use my chin if I absolutely had to press them, and thankfully sixaxis shit didn't last long.

By this time, controllers were more complex, games were forcing you to use all buttons on the controller, and my disease slowly began making me weaker and much harder to play many games, mostly, games with heavy use of triggers.

GRAND THEFT AUTO V was the first game I could not play effectively, GTA IV let you remap vehicle controls to the face buttons, making it easier to drive, but GTA V didn't have this option, there were different options for on foot controls but not for cars....

It was then I discovered the cronusmax. With the scripting feature, I could have it switch control layouts on the fly when exiting and entering a vehicle, so I could have accelerate and brake and reverse on the face buttons, and have normal controls restored just by tapping triangle while exiting a vehicle. This was life changing.

I HAVE NEVER, AND WILL NEVER, USE THINGS SUCH AS ANTI RECOIL SCRIPTS, WITH PROPER REMAPPING AND SHORTCUTS I DON'T NEED THAT SHIT

I'm really fucking scared that next gen consoles will ban this thing because assholes have to ruin everything, I can't play without it. I don't blame the hostile responses in this topic, simply put nobody knows the benefits of such a device, when 90% of people use it for evil. Whenever I see this topic come up I try to educate people to it's benefits, but I am only one man.

Xbox/PS4 os options are hyper limited, and even devs that go the extra mile for accessibility don't even touch what the cronus can do to ensure I can keep playing. Hell the Xbox's accessibility app doesn't even allow remapping of the triggers.

Since then I have only grown weaker, and rely on it more and more. I don't need a custom controller, the dualshock 4 is perfect in terms of shape, size, and weight. For those who are curious how someone like me uses it, read some of my examples below...

Inability to use anything other than the dualshock 4: Cronusmax lets me use my DS4 on PS2, gamecube, xbox, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and Dreamcast

Games that require you to press L3 + R3 simultaneously: Via scripting, I got a shortcut, L1 + PS button will do this for me

My inability to use the L3 and R3 buttons: Via scripting, L3 is mapped to the left side of the touchpad, R3 is mapped to the right side of the touchpad, just touch the touchpad and easy access to those functions is mine

Tilting guns in rainbow six siege: Tilting guns is something I couldn't do at all and I can't reach the touchpad while ADSing, so I made it where while holding the aim button, X and Square are temporarily remapped to L3 and R3 for easy tilting, they go back to normal when not ADSing.

Lock-on in the yakuza games: Freaking yakuza games make you hold R1 to lock on to enemies I dunno why it's not a toggle, via scripting I can hold it for two seconds to make it hold it for me while I focus on combat, simply tap to disable it.

I understand people's desire to see these things banned, I see people using anti recoil in Siege everyday and it's not a small number of people either, but a very small number of people like myself depend on the scripting options. I'll be deveastated if I can't use it on PS5

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. I never knew console controllers had these. I thought hacked games were people plugging in USBs and installing/running files like the Call of Duty hacks on 360.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I am so pissed off at this.

For those who don't know my posting history, I was born with a degenerative muscle wasting disease, spinal muscular atrophy, the older I get the weaker I get.

Never struggled to play video games as a young kid, I had a unique way of holding the ps1 controller that worked.

The PS2 forced analog sticks on me, making the controller harder to hold, but i adapted my way of playing.

The PS3/Wii forced unusable motion controls on me, and PS3 games featured heavy use of L3/R3, buttons I didn't have the strength to push. On Wii, I only bought games the supported traditional controllers, on PS3, I'd skate by without the L3/R3 buttons or use my chin if I absolutely had to press them, and thankfully sixaxis shit didn't last long.

By this time, controllers were more complex, games were forcing you to use all buttons on the controller, and my disease slowly began making me weaker and much harder to play many games, mostly, games with heavy use of triggers.

GRAND THEFT AUTO V was the first game I could not play effectively, GTA IV let you remap vehicle controls to the face buttons, making it easier to drive, but GTA V didn't have this option, there were different options for on foot controls but not for cars....

It was then I discovered the cronusmax. With the scripting feature, I could have it switch control layouts on the fly when exiting and entering a vehicle, so I could have accelerate and brake and reverse on the face buttons, and have normal controls restored just by tapping triangle while exiting a vehicle. This was life changing.

I HAVE NEVER, AND WILL NEVER, USE THINGS SUCH AS ANTI RECOIL SCRIPTS, WITH PROPER REMAPPING AND SHORTCUTS I DON'T NEED THAT SHIT

I'm really fucking scared that next gen consoles will ban this thing because assholes have to ruin everything, I can't play without it. I don't blame the hostile responses in this topic, simply put nobody knows the benefits of such a device, when 90% of people use it for evil. Whenever I see this topic come up I try to educate people to it's benefits, but I am only one man.

Xbox/PS4 os options are hyper limited, and even devs that go the extra mile for accessibility don't even touch what the cronus can do to ensure I can keep playing. Hell the Xbox's accessibility app doesn't even allow remapping of the triggers.

Since then I have only grown weaker, and rely on it more and more. I don't need a custom controller, the dualshock 4 is perfect in terms of shape, size, and weight. For those who are curious how someone like me uses it, read some of my examples below...

Inability to use anything other than the dualshock 4: Cronusmax lets me use my DS4 on PS2, gamecube, xbox, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and Dreamcast

Games that require you to press L3 + R3 simultaneously: Via scripting, I got a shortcut, L1 + PS button will do this for me

My inability to use the L3 and R3 buttons: Via scripting, L3 is mapped to the left side of the touchpad, R3 is mapped to the right side of the touchpad, just touch the touchpad and easy access to those functions is mine

Tilting guns in rainbow six siege: Tilting guns is something I couldn't do at all and I can't reach the touchpad while ADSing, so I made it where while holding the aim button, X and Square are temporarily remapped to L3 and R3 for easy tilting, they go back to normal when not ADSing.

Lock-on in the yakuza games: Freaking yakuza games make you hold R1 to lock on to enemies I dunno why it's not a toggle, via scripting I can hold it for two seconds to make it hold it for me while I focus on combat, simply tap to disable it.

I understand people's desire to see these things banned, I see people using anti recoil in Siege everyday and it's not a small number of people either, but a very small number of people like myself depend on the scripting options. I'll be deveastated if I can't use it on PS5

Cheater, your cheating the game mate.

I can just imagine you sliding around corners hitting headshots, 360 no scopes from across map, consistently top two in the leaderboards.

I'm probably going to buy one soon, didn't think they would be so expensive. I need me some to two section

Last edited:

wvnative

Cheater, your cheating the game mate.

I can just imagine you sliding around corners hitting headshots, 360 no scopes from across map, consistently top two in the leaderboards.

I'm probably going to buy one soon, didn't think they would be so expensive. I need me some to two section

If only I had the physical strength for all that, and the cronus even with scripts like that isn't that magical...

I am usually in the top two simply because siege is filled with idiots, i never have high kill counts though

spawn

I bought one awhile ago, but have not used it. Is it cheating? Yes, definitely. But when everyone else is using them it doesn't seem like cheating. To me I'm now on the same playing field as the cheaters

Night.Ninja

Banned
If only I had the physical strength for all that, and the cronus even with scripts like that isn't that magical...

I am usually in the top two simply because siege is filled with idiots, i never have high kill counts though

What's your YouTube channel? i bet you have hundreds of thousands of subscribers, i can smell you thumbnails from a mile off

bellome

What. The. Fuck.

Oh well, I've been done with apex legends for a bit now. I got fucking 80mbs connection and i always have lag issues. Only in apex though.

I played Apex since day1 and Uninstalled it yesterday. The lag became unbearable.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
I'm amazed at how many of you never heard of this before.
That's the main reason I stick with fighting and PVE online games.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm blind in the centre of my right eye (which used to be my good eye..), I'm in a clear disadvantage when playing online. But there's no chance in hell I'll stoop down to this level of cheating. Fuck these things and their users (when used for gaining an advantage).

Old Retro

If you've played COD for the past decade on PS3/4 like I have, you can tell there's tons of cheaters. Perfect fucking aimbots, and it's almost like some people have an advanced UAV of enemies. I have a unique way I hold my controller and can outmaneuver most players. Now all of a sudden drop shots are working on me in MW?!?!?

Such widespread of cheating devices on consoles proves that sony and microsoft don't care about their customers.
It's not that widespread stop being dramatic, there's probably less than a million people with this, let alone most probably don't use this for scripts, and with sbmm your probably not gonna run into these pros with no recoil.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Where's your YouTube dedicated to gaming not your personal one, the channel with the warzone videos
Is this a joke? Cooldown mate, do you know anything about that disease? What's wrong with you?

I knew xim and shit exist but this recoil script stuff unacceptable. Returning to pc for online fps.

VertigoOA

Banned
I just want to say... if you use this kinda shit... YOU ARE TRASH AT GAMES AND SHOULD QUIT PLAYING.

Last edited:

Fbh

This is one of the reasons I just don't care about competitive multiplayer.

Such widespread of cheating devices on consoles proves that sony and microsoft don't care about their customers.

Yeah it's a shame.
You'd imagine for $60 a year this is the sort of stuff they'd work to ban/disable, but nope

Top Bottom