• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Add any tech cards in? I just unpacked Keleseth.

Here is the deck list

### Custom Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Acherus Veteran
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Malchezaar's Imp
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Soulfire
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 2x (3) Darkshire Councilman
# 2x (3) Vicious Fledgling
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 2x (5) Doomguard
# 2x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBPIFkbwCl9MCnOICDTD3BM4H5QfCCLSsAry2Ap/CAuvCApvLAvfNApXOAqbOAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Grief.exe

The metastats deck runs that too, already 2-0 with the deck.

I had to craft 2x Doomguards for some reason 😵😵😵😵

I know it sounds counter intuitive, but I wonder how a single Abyssal Enforcer would do as an anti aggro card. If a Token Shaman, Murloc Paladin, etc get a board on you then there is almost no recourse.

rahji

just came back from the fireside gathering. It was not as I expected. I knew the place where the fireside gathering should take place because some colleagues told me about it. It was a little pub with some tables, a bar and that is pretty much it. You can order at least 5 different kinds of whiskey and order your sandwiches in different grades of spicyness, so that is special about that place. I expected nothing, the worst case is to drink a beer and get out of here. I did not even bring any device to play hearthstone because I was very sceptic about the event.
I walked into the pub and I saw 7 people. 3 people with black t-shirts at the bar, they seemed to belong together. 2 older people at one table 2 other relatively young people on another table who used their phones. The 2 young guys briefly looked at me, but I couldn't tell if they belonged to the fireside gathering or not. The pub was full of smoke because there is no anti smoke rule yet in Austria but still felt comfy just like a living room. I was unsure about the 2 guys at the table so I did my plan B (drink a beer and get the hell out of here), so I took a seat at the bar 2 seats next to the 3 guys. I ordered a beer and it didn't take one minute until the guy 2 seats next to me started talking to me. We had a little chat but it turned out fast that he was either really drunk or just dumb. He asked me questions which I answered the sentence before. I decided that I don't want to talk to him anymore so I looked for the toilet to give me a break. On the way to the toilet I saw that the 2 guys at the table with their phones played hearthstone. I was so happy that I didn't have to talk again to that other drunk/dumb guy. So after the toilet, I said hello to them and asked about the fireside gathering. It turned out, that they didn't organized it and they already waited for 2 hours for people to show up. They were really nice and we started talking about hearthstone, I even ordered a second beer. We had a good time. We even exchanged battle tags. They were very disappointed that they couldn't get the skin (it wasn't even a tavern event btw), because they drove to that place half an hour with a car. One guy even said he wanted to go to another event on Tueday where he had to go with the train for 1 h. I felt really bad for them. You could see the disappointment in their faces. I checked the location where the one guy would go on tuesday and made sure that it is a real tavern where he could the skin.

Message to Blizzard:
- Please make the rules more clear ( difference between tavern and fireside gathering, I wouldn't have known the difference if not for this forum)
- Check the appliaction process for the fireside gatherings. Apparently, it is very easy to set up a fake thing.

TLDR: So that is my experience about my first fireside gathering. A smoky pub, a drunk/dumb guy, 2 disappointed hearthstone fellows, some talk about hearthstone. I guess it was worth it, I had my share of fun.

Fewr

Lich King update:
Only Rogue, Warlock and Priest left.
So far the hardest was Mage, it took a lot of tries to get a good starting hand. Most expensive was Paladin because I crafted the DK, but it was worth the cost because I won summoning ponies. Finally, easiest by far was Druid.

Finished. The three remaining were not too bad.

Hardest: Mage
Hard: Paladin, Shaman, Warrior
Medium: Hunter
Easy: Rogue, Warlock, Priest, Druid

Fewr

Would you share your Paladin deck? It's my last one.
I used this:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/931275-lich-king-paladin-combo-deck

Basically, as the text says you have to get the gargoyle + blessing of kings on turn 7, then on the next turn you cast spikeridged steed on it and it's downhill from there because the lich king will just pass the turns not playing any cards or attacking.

Edit: to anyone still doing them, I recommend these decks/tips
http://www.pcgamer.com/guide-to-beating-hearthstones-lich-king-with-every-class/
https://dotesports.com/hearthstone/lich-king-adventure-guide-frozen-throne-16899#list-4

wiibomb

well I just came from the fireside gathering in my city and well...

that was actually pretty nice, I liked and in that tavern the organizer had a tournament and a dart game for the people coming

I saw at one time about 30 people, so it was really crowded and with lots of different people playing. I think I'll go back for next gatherings in that place

Grief.exe

Had a blast at my local Fireside Gathering tonight.

There were about 100 people crammed into this shop playing Magic, Pokemon cards, and Hearthstone. Was quite the site to see.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you need an invite to our Discord server, contact your b.net friends from GAF and ask around to see if you can contact one of our mods. I will not be naming them here or distributing instant invites for the time being.

We are abandoning ship.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
If you need an invite to our Discord server, contact your b.net friends from GAF and ask around to see if you can contact one of our mods. I will not be naming them here or distributing instant invites for the time being.

We are abandoning ship.

I never made any b.net friends from here. :(

Miletius

I'm out. It's been an honor, HS GAF. Don't be a stranger. I cannot in good conscience support this forum anymore, considering the actions of the person in charge.

I'm sure I'll see ya'll around the internet.

Edit: If a mod comes across this, please feel free to ban and or purge this post. I don't care either way.

Eyeh4wk

The discord invite has expired. But most of GAF has moved on to ResetEra which will launch later today.
I don't play Hearthstone just a heads up. :)

Ah, well... it was fun while it lasted. This is the place that made me get over my "ladder anxiety" and play more ranked, I'm currently the highest I've ever been... rank 10! Oh, such dizzy heights.

If anyone has a Discord invite, I wouldn't mind catching one if it's possible. To everyone who's ever posted in this thread, may RNG ever be in your favour.

Apathy

I don't play anymore but I still like to read people thoughts about new expansions and tournaments. Discord invite if possible please

Top Bottom