• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain and a new ps3 game shown behind closed doors at E3

Why the hell didn't they show this off during E3?

Are we finally going to get to see what the BBC guy was talking about....you know, that one super secret, amazing PS3 title that no one has heard about but has incredible graphics and immersion?

Replicant

Private Hoffman said:
Are we finally going to get to see what the BBC guy was talking about....you know, that one super secret, amazing PS3 title that no one has heard about but has incredible graphics and immersion?

Was that BBC guy talking about Heavy Rain or another title?

Replicant said:
This is one of the many games that they should have shown in public.

I think they're just waiting to show most of their European games at Leipzig. All the games they focused on at E3 aside from LBP were from their US studios.

Plus it would've made everyone forget about the rest of the games they showed at E3 and they wouldn't want that. :p

k1s3k1

Banned
Playstation Premiere next week hopefully.. PS Premiere 07 happened a week after last year's E3.. and hopefully the same this year! As it is never announced to public, we wont know until it happens :D

nofi

Private Hoffman said:
I'm not sure if we will ever know.

His comments were so incredibly vague that it could have been interpreted either way.

I reckon it was Fat Princess.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
This closed doors stuff is bullshit :( why have press events and show stuff people cant reveal.

Because it's not ready for the public to see. OMG THE FRAMERATE SUCKS. Etc.

nofi said:
I reckon it was Fat Princess.

1 month until the revealing? Sounds like it was ready to show...maybe Sony just didn't want to drop too many bombs at E3 and spread it out?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
nofi said:

They say that no matter when its shown, Resistance 2 reveal i thought it looked amazing and knew it was only going to get better........ but there was a meltdown over that, Killzone 2 is being trolled as well....... so yur its never gonna stop.

And then people show CG............. and then meltdown agains.

zoku88

They say that no matter when its shown, Resistance 2 reveal i thought it looked amazing and knew it was only going to get better........ but there was a meltdown over that, Killzone 2 is being trolled as well....... so yur its never gonna stop.

Hahaha, I totally remember complaining about framerates when R2 was unveiled :lol :lol

nofi

Maybe Sony had had enough meltdowns then to keep this one private for a while.

BlazingDarkness said:
where does it say Heavy Rain in the article?

It doesn't, but Heavy Rain was on Sony's press release so it only makes sense that it'd be behind doors since it wasn't shown at the actual conference

Darkpen

Banned
why, just WHY are they doing this kind of shit, why?

I know, they've been doing behind-closed doors sort of stuff for ages now, but honestly? I really just want to be excited for something. Really, I do. I want to jump on that hype train, but they just won't let us on.

slider

Perhaps they've heard enough people saying "lol, Sony show games that STILL aren't out!) (which is a legitimate comment).

To be fair to them, it doesn't sound like this "story" was something Sony orchestrated themselves.

As I've said before, I don't mind a bit of teasing. Not too much, but a bit. I don't want to already know Sony's release schedule dated to the end of 2011. Does anyone?

And for a company to manage their products in the way they see fit isn't a huge insult to gamers - they just have to be prepped for varying sizes of backlash.

Xav

Zero_Phoenix said:
At least the first third of the game was awesome.
At least storywise, I'd like to think the gameplay was always ass. I learnt something from the game, I'm willing to play through a bad game so long as the story is awesome.

Xater

That's funny. This morning I was wondering what happened to Heavy Rain. Looks like we will soon know what the devs have been up to.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
eplxya.jpg

BanGy.nz said:
Guerrilla Games are based in Amsterdam.

Yeah, but there was no focus on it. And by that I mean games that they singled out to show. And the only games they did that for were Resistance 2, LBP, MAG, DC Comics MMO, R&C: Quest for Booty, and GoW3.

Top Bottom