• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain Presented at E3 Confirmed

beast786

http://twitter.com/ncroal/statuses/861193056

this is the guy from gametrailers. [face_grin]

" Heavy Rain wowed the crowd. Hate to be a tease, but we can't say more other than if you liked Indigo Prophecy, you'll *love* this. "
http://twitter.com/ncroal/statuses/861228093

SOme Confirmed info about heavy rain

While most of us in North America don't read the Dutch magazine Chief, one of our readers abroad pointed out that they'd run a major exclusive on upcoming Quantic Dream/Sony title Heavy Rain. (You know Quantic Dream as the company behind Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, and you know Heavy Rain from my fanboy obsession).

Reader Saimon was kind enough to translate some of the more enticing statements about the title made by Quantic Dream's founder David Cage. And we were kind enough to copy and paste the translations after the jump.

On Locations:
"I don't want to do a big free-roaming city like GTA, because the flow of the story will then be hard to control. Nevertheless, I do want to incorporate big sets, with a crowd, heavy populated areas like a mall and a subway are going to be in there. Of course, the gameplay has got to make use of that aspect too."

On Graphics:
"People will be surprised. Internal (Sony's) feedback on graphics has been great. This is going to be a truly next-gen game. But still, we want to do something unique with the graphics, going beyond just making the most photorealistic world we can."

On Gameplay:
"With the release of Fahrenheit, we gave the adventure genre a new grammar. We brought new ways into the genre, new words if you want to see it like that, a new vocabulaire. With Heavy Rain, where going to expand on that same grammar."

On Story:
"Heavy Rain is about normal people that have landed in extraordinary situations. I wanted a much more personal story. The first thing that came to my mind, as a father of two little boys, was that the main theme should simply be a father's love for his son. This is not a game about saving the princess or the world. Its purely about a father's love."

"The main story will revolve around 4 different characters, and we're putting the spotlight on their perceptions. The question 'what is good and what is evil' is the key here, that will be just a matter of viewpoint...I believe heavily in moral choices, I'm going to use them A LOT. They're not about being good or bad, but about finding the right balance."

So far, so good. Thanks to Saimon for all the hard work on this one.

heavyrainchief.jpg

HeavyRainchief1.jpg

Maggot9

Banned
This could be my GOTY when it comes out. I loved every bit of Indigo Prophecy.

btw, is this mutiplatform or PS3 exclusive?

Maggot9 said:

Get a hint.

This sounds like quite a big jump for developer in terms of scale.

Shins

Banned
The first third of Indigo Prophecy was excellent. If this game can work up from that portion, and throw out all the horrible, horrible shit after, this could be great.

This game is is almost as secretive as KZ2 was before the E307 blowout. It's good to know the game is doing well and is impressive at that.

Hopefully those NDA's will go away soon. August?

Can't wait to see something.

Erebus

Maggot9 said:

PS3 exclusive
for now :p

I'm so disappointed that they didn't show us anything about this game at E3 :(

Woo-Fu

Banned
DarkUSS said:
PS3 exclusive
for now :p

FWIW,

David Cage, Founder, President and CEO of Quantic Dream, said, “We always
believed that “next generation” meant more meaningful content based on players’
emotional involvement. To us, PS3 is the only platform that can truly deliver on this
promise, and SCE WWS is a group that is both inspiring and pleasant to work with.”​

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well Fahrenheit pretty much owned everything... can't wait.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Forsete said:
I think they are working very closely with SCEWWS on this one.
Yeah I hope so :/

Shins said:
The first third of Indigo Prophecy was excellent. If this game can work up from that portion, and throw out all the horrible, horrible shit after, this could be great.

My thoughts exactly, but I seem to remember an interview with David Cage where he said something about Heavy Rain remaining in reality, so
the internet won't try to kill you

wotter

I'll look for the mag tomorrow in my local shop and see if there are some new tidbits in there (especially for you firewalkr :D)

Yoshichan

-viper- said:
Yeah right?

It's being published by SCEE...

There is no chance that it'll go to the 360.
That's what I wanted to hear!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
shagg_187 said:
u do know unconfirmed BS like this is bannable, right?
He's joking based on what happened in the last few days. But HR is supposed to be published by Sony, which, if it's the case, means total exclusivity, as they never released anything on PC.

arena08 said:
Even the stealth parts?
They were enjoyable compared to some of the crap that came near the end of the game.

Marconelly said:
He's joking based on what happened in the last few days. But HR is supposed to be published by Sony, which, if it's the case, means total exclusivity, as they never released anything on PC.

Ill get it on ps3, but thats a bit sad....pc is the home of these kinds of games damnit

Erebus

Woo-Fu said:
FWIW,

David Cage, Founder, President and CEO of Quantic Dream, said, “We always
believed that “next generation” meant more meaningful content based on players’
emotional involvement. To us, PS3 is the only platform that can truly deliver on this
promise, and SCE WWS is a group that is both inspiring and pleasant to work with.”​

I guess SquareEnix would have said the exact same thing if asked before E3 but all joking aside, I'm confident that Heavy Rain will stay a PS3 exclusive because Sony has a contract agreement with Quantic Dreams and they also help with the development and funding most likely.

u do know unconfirmed BS like this is bannable, right?

Huh? Didn't you realize it was actually a joke?

Yoshichan

polyh3dron said:
Umm Sony is THE FREAKING PUBLISHER.

Geez, some people have NO FUCKING SENSE.

Also, read the pinned notice at the top of the gaming forum kthxbai
Take it fucking easy and read, ok?

-viper- said:
Yeah right?

It's being published by SCEE...

There is no chance that it'll go to the 360.

Seiken said:
That's what I wanted to hear!
It's been a HECK of a long time since we heard anything about this game so clearly one can forget stuff like these.

El-Suave

If they plan to show it at Games Convention I don't know why they're showing it now at all - all this is going to get them is bored, less enthusiastic journalists who traveled to Germany only to see "old" footage once more as it has been with Games Convention in years past.

The only explanation I can imagine is that they want to test the waters by doing this presentation before going public with it.

Oneself

I have a tremendous amount of hype for a game that I've never seen. I believe in Quantic Dream. And if it's really an evolution of Indigo Prophecy's gameplay concepts, it will be tits. Serious tits.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Oneself said:
I have a tremendous amount of hype for a game that I've never seen. I believe in Quantic Dream. And if it's really an evolution of Indigo Prophecy's gameplay concepts, it will be tits. Serious tits.

Ivy tits

Top Bottom