• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain Revealed on Next Week's GTTV

StuBurns

Banned
iceatcs said:
Finally, realistic game. I thought Alan Wake will be but it looks like zombie game. But glad
Heavy Rain will be nothing supernatural.
Isn't Alan Wake a horror writer who's novel comes true? Insanely lame concept. That game is so over hyped.

iceatcs

stuburns said:
Isn't Alan Wake a horror writer who's novel comes true? Insanely lame concept. That game is so over hyped.
Aye, the hype is crazy. I'm just looking forward both games cos of good developers but I cannot hype both which haven't show anything.

stuburns said:
Not quite. It would appear the story writes itself as you progress through the game, and Alan Wake doesn't recall writing any of it.

The amount of pages keeps growing each night. There are also new edits on the old pages. They keep getting more aggressive. The story is rewriting itself. The protagonist is now my namesake, and his wife is called Alice. The most worrying aspect: the genre seems to be shifting. It's turning into a horror story. I can no longer be certain whether the hero can succeed or even survive. Apart for the jumbled fragments of bad dreams and an oppressive feeling, I can remember nothing of the process when I wake up.
(anyway... it's all off topic for this thread)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
lupinko said:
Quantic Dream.

are you sure ?

i just did a search and didn't find anything about that , even the first press release of SCEE , gimme link with something in it like "Heavy Rain © 2008 Quantic Dream " or burst :p .

but I guess we will know who own the IP for sure with the GTTV video next week anyway .

Oh god it's GTTV, expect to be disappointed.

Expect the 10 second WORLD EXCLUSIVE to be leaked or already shown by another site due to the NDA.

StuBurns

Banned
Psychotext said:
Not quite. It would appear the story writes itself as you progress through the game, and Alan Wake doesn't recall writing any of it.

(anyway... it's all off topic for this thread)

Ummm, that's not nearly as bad as I thought. Okay, could be cool. I still think it's a little over hyped, a game so focused on story being put together by a studio that has never done anything well written.

But as you said, off-topic indeed. But thanks for posting.

Rapping Granny said:
Oh god it's GTTV, expect to be disappointed.

Expect the 10 second WORLD EXCLUSIVE to be leaked or already shown by another site due to the NDA.

People really need to calm down on this. Whenever GTTV has a main feature on something there's always a lot of footage shown. Just watch the latest episode episode on Tony Hawk Ride.

GQman2121

Banned
The wiki page for the game is saying that Sony is the publisher. If that's correct, then they would obviously own the IP.

I actually don't recall hearing the game use The Origami Killer in it's title. That poster is hot shit though. I think they the way they're releasing info and building hype is the right way to do it for a game like this. It's all so mysterious.

geoffmk said:
Wow you guys sure are harsh. Rest assured there will be a ton of new Heavy Rain footage in the show.

geoff has spoken! we shall not be disappointed next week!
really hope so, this week's footage was disappointing =\

Atrophis

Will be nice to see whats going to be in the final game considering none of the stuff shown thus far is gonna appear.

Is Sony retarded? E3 will be less than two weeks after this airs.

I would really like to know the budget on this game, I cant even guess what it costs.

Doubledex

Banned
jett said:
I can't believe this PS3 vs 360 shit still goes on. When a low-end PC assfucks the both of them, who cares?
Apple vs Oranges (Console games/business are buttf+cking PC games/business)

jett said:
I seriously doubt Sony is funding this game without owning everything about it.

HEAVY RAIN, HEAVY RAIN LOGOS are trademarks of Quantic Dream S.A. in the US. and/or other countries.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Lion Heart said:
Is Sony retarded? E3 will be less than two weeks after this airs.

I would really like to know the budget on this game, I cant even guess what it costs.
U mad? Or do you not know how PR and media outlets work?

jett

D-Member
Doubledex said:
Apple vs Oranges (Console games/business are buttf+cking PC games/business)

HEAVY RAIN, HEAVY RAIN LOGOS are trademarks of Quantic Dream S.A. in the US. and/or other countries.

That's quite the stretch you pulled there, the only thing that website indicates is that the Heavy Rain logo was trademarked by Quantic Dream. :p

A press release piece would clarify things, but I can't find one...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Doubledex said:

yeah because QD registered it the the whole Sony publishing/funded it thing, but why they didn't even put that on their site yet ? ( also IIRC they bought Heavenly Sword IP from Ninja Theory after the deal too )

it's just weird that there is no copyright text related to the game on QD or Sony sites or the press releases yet.

we will see about that with official site / video of the game .

Lion Heart said:
Is Sony retarded? E3 will be less than two weeks after this airs

maybe they have new stuff for E3 ?

Doubledex

Banned
jett said:
That's quite the stretch you pulled there, the only thing that website indicates is that the Heavy Rain logo was trademarked by Quantic Dream. :p

A press release piece would clarify things, but I can't find one...
The whole IP still belongs to Quantic Dream :)
Means: The sequel could be multiplat.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Doubledex said:
The whole IP still belongs to Quantic Dream :)
Means: The sequel could be multiplat.

well you seem very sure about that .

I will trust your words here , but if turn that Sony own the IP , I will hate you forever .

LiquidMetal14 said:
U mad? Or do you not know how PR and media outlets work?

No, I dont really know how it works, but I can use common sense and that tells me to reveal one of my biggest games at E3, not a few days before. I love watching those conferences though, I was hoping the first footage of HR would be shown there.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Lion Heart said:
No, I dont really know how it works, but I can use common sense and that tells me to reveal one of my biggest games at E3, not a few days before. I love watching those conferences though, I was hoping the first footage of HR would be shown there.
It's all part of the plan. This game has been under wraps too long. It's overdue a coming out party.

ocadman said:
I hope this means new footage!

Hasn't most of the footage that's been shown, been examples of ingame? Meaning that they're scenes that represent the look and feel of the game, but they're not actual characters, story etc etc.

J-Rzez

Totobeni said:
maybe they have new stuff for E3 ?

Which we'll never know for a couple days here. There's so many people hyped up for this E3 it's crazy. I'm one of them too. MS has been surprisingly quiet, Sony is showing off some of the hand already possibly to make some room for other surprise big announcements like last year (MAG for example). GAF is going to get so hammered this year it's not going to be funny. I know they have stuff in the works to fight it, but will it be enough to deal with the slaughtering of the "submit reply" button. :lol

I'll be watching the conferences for sure. It's gonna be a good show.

J-Rzez said:
Which we'll never know for a couple days here. There's so many people hyped up for this E3 it's crazy. I'm one of them too. MS has been surprisingly quiet, Sony is showing off some of the hand already possibly to make some room for other surprise big announcements like last year (MAG for example). GAF is going to get so hammered this year it's not going to be funny. I know they have stuff in the works to fight it, but will it be enough to deal with the slaughtering of the "submit reply" button. :lol

I'll be watching the conferences for sure. It's gonna be a good show.

Ya im so hyped. I dont care if GAF goes down cause I usually watch the stream without interruption unless something super lame is going on. I'd probably take Sonys and MS's conference over Terminator Salvation lol.

The last time I Stayed up for a GTTV exclusive I was treated only to a speculative teaser of (Ratchet and Clank). I will not do the same for HEavy Rain, Ill just wait for their iTunes podcast to update with it overnight.

I hope it isnt a teaser* of Heavy Rain but something more tangiable and satisfying.

So Jeff was asked on the PSblog when there would be more Heavy Rain coverage and he posted this

Jeff Rubenstein replied on May 17, 2009 at 9:46 pm
May 26th. I can promise, you’ve never seen anything like this game.

I'm guessing that's when sites like IGN and Gamespot will have their coverage of it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SolidSnakex said:
So Jeff was asked on the PSblog when there would be more Heavy Rain coverage and he posted this

I'm guessing that's when sites like IGN and Gamespot will have their coverage of it.

EXCITE!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I was curious to see reference by David Cage to his pride in their crowd technology.

The first peek painted a fairly lonely, isolated picture.

If they have a bustling town or city scenario going on at some point, and it behaves really well..then..I can't wait to see that.

GeoramA

SolidSnakex said:

No doubt in my mind that this game will amaze. :D

But GTTV will probably find a way to fuck up the footage, like they usually do. They just present games on that show as casual as they possibly can.

Shurs

LiquidMetal14 said:
#1 most anticipated game. Gonna be so epic.

This is my most anticipated game also. I'm looking for a more mature game to play. I hope that this end up being that game.

gofreak said:
I was curious to see reference by David Cage to his pride in their crowd technology.

The first peek painted a fairly lonely, isolated picture.

If they have a bustling town or city scenario going on at some point, and it behaves really well..then..I can't wait to see that.

Cage

I don't want to do a big free-roaming city like GTA, because the flow of the story will then be hard to control. Nevertheless, I do want to incorporate big sets, with a crowd, heavy populated areas like a mall and a subway are going to be in there. Of course, the gameplay has got to make use of that aspect too.

Goldrusher

Do you guys really want footage of the game ? There's a reason all of the gameplay shown so far comes from a demo level that has nothing to do with the actual game.

Dante

Goldrusher said:
Do you guys really want footage of the game ? There's a reason all of the gameplay shown so far comes from a demo level that has nothing to do with the actual game.

A movie like trailer show little clips of gameplay would be awesome.

I'm glad so many people hyped for this. I wrote an article on top 10 games to look out for in 2009, and Heavy Rain was one of them... man, it was savaged so hard! :lol

Some comments:

"Put Red Faction: Guerrilla up there. Are people really looking forward to Heavy Rain?"

"Heavy Rain, really??"

"You say that the audience you're writing for is "mostly casual gamers" and yet you've got Heavy Rain and MAG (really?) in there... Suggestions for whatever this list is: Bayonetta, Bionic Commando, Prototype and StarCraft II."

Anihawk said:
"Heavy Rain, really?"
"Quiet, you! It will be fantastic!
FANTASTIC, YOU HEAR ME?!"
I let Anihawk's name remain there so you guys can decide whether it was sarcastic or not :lol

"
How do you seriously have Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 in the top 10 games.....?
Seriously..."

FirewalkR

iamcool388 said:
I'm glad so many people hyped for this. I wrote an article on top 10 games to look out for in 2009, and Heavy Rain was one of them... man, it was savaged so hard! :lol

It was savaged so hard, by FOOLS.

#1 2009 game.

Top Bottom