• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain Revealed on Next Week's GTTV

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
iamcool388 said:
I'm glad so many people hyped for this. I wrote an article on top 10 games to look out for in 2009, and Heavy Rain was one of them... man, it was savaged so hard! :lol

Some comments:

Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain are certainly on my top 10 games to look out for list this year.

I can see why some aren't interested in it yet though as they haven't revealed very much.

WinFonda

I could have sworn they were saving the unveil for E3, it seems kind of weird they'd preempt it like this. But maybe it actually gets more exposure this way.

Goldrusher said:
Do you guys really want footage of the game ? There's a reason all of the gameplay shown so far comes from a demo level that has nothing to do with the actual game.

They're eventually going to have to show a trailer about the games real storyline. All we really know about it right now is this

"Heavy Rain is about normal people that have landed in extraordinary situations. I wanted a much more personal story. The first thing that came to my mind, as a father of two little boys, was that the main theme should simply be a father's love for his son. This is not a game about saving the princess or the world. Its purely about a father's love."

"The main story will revolve around 4 different characters, and we're putting the spotlight on their perceptions. The question 'what is good and what is evil' is the key here, that will be just a matter of viewpoint...I believe heavily in moral choices, I'm going to use them a lot. They're not about being good or bad, but about finding the right balance."

bizatch

I hope that the GTTV reveal is not a real level and doesnt show anything about the story. The less I know, the better...until e3 that is :D

WinFonda said:
I could have sworn they were saving the unveil for E3, it seems kind of weird they'd preempt it like this. But maybe it actually gets more exposure this way.

Well when you add up all Sony could show this year at E3, there's way too much for a single conference. For all we know this GTTV footage will be 5 minutes of them interviewing Cage while they cut to guys working on character models and animations on their monitors.

sprocket

Banned
yeah if you have a sony exclusive E3 is not the place to show it for the first time. Sonys first party is going to be massive at E3.

bizatch

So what exclusives could Sony show at this e3 exactly?

Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
GoW3
Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank 2
MAG
GT5
TRICO
The Agency
Twisted Metal
LA Noire

anything I missed?

Edit: added some games

Guled

bizatch said:

Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
GoW3
Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank 2
MAG
GT5
TRICO

anything I missed?
save GT5 and Trico (which won't be there) the rest will just be in a montage video i bet

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
bizatch said:

Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
GoW3
Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank 2
MAG
GT5
TRICO
The Agency
Twisted Metal
LA Noire

anything I missed?

I'm doubting LA Noire will be there.

Guled said:
save GT5 and Trico (which won't be there) the rest will just be in a montage video i bet
God of War III is going to have a stage demo and I would be surprised if Ratchet wasn't demoed on stage at the Sony conference as well.

StuBurns

Banned
bizatch said:

Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
GoW3
Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank 2
MAG
GT5
TRICO
The Agency
Twisted Metal
LA Noire

anything I missed?

Jaffe said TW isn't going to be there.
I doubt Trico and LA Noire either.

DevilWillcry said:
God of War III is going to have a stage demo and I would be surprised if Ratchet wasn't demoed on stage at the Sony conference as well.
They really have been keeping Ratchet close to the chest. We've got barely any info on that game.

Sony Computer Entertainment
Fat Princess (PS3)
God of War III (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Infamous (PS3)
MAG (PS3)
Pain! Sore Spots (PS3)
PixelJunk 1-4 (PS3)
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3)
Singstar: Queen (PS2, PS3)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
White Knight Chronicles (PS3)

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (PS2, PSP)
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo 3 (PSP)
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge (PS2, PSP)
PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe (PSP)

Sony Online Entertainment
DC Universe Online (PC, PS3)
The Agency (PC, PS3)

i'm really expecting big things from sony this e3. there's no way they're just gonna show us that, we've already seen pretty much all these games.
i'm sensing gt5, trico or something else we don't even know about. at least one of those "secrets" is gonna make an appearance.

Shurs

I hope they don't spend too much time on the PSP, although with the alleged redesign, I imagine the PSP will take up time that could be given to the PS3.

Yoboman

DevilWillcry said:
God I hope they don't waste time demoing a Ratchet game unless it's been completely reinvented (finally)

I'm hoping for stage demos of:

- God of War 3
- MAG
- TRICO
- Heavy Rain

And wouldn't mind these (if they have the time/or possible):

- Uncharted 2
- Versus XIII
- Gran Turismo 5 (only if it's substantially different from Prologue.... GT stage demos are typically dull)
-

Mesijs

We at Gamer.nl actually mentioned Heavy Rain as our #1 most anticipated game for 2009... which is quite an honour for that game actually. :lol At the end of every year we create a top 100 for next year which is quite well read and well received.

I hope it will really extend the boundaries of what gaming could be capable of. But it got a bit off my radar, maybe because it isn't really spectacular but it's still an amazing concept. Really looking forward to that GTTV.

Yoboman

Shurs said:
I hope they don't spend too much time on the PSP, although with the alleged redesign, I imagine the PSP will take up time that could be given to the PS3.
Doesn't PS3 have an alleged redesign too?

bizatch said:

I'm putting it from most likely to least likely:

God of War 3
Uncharted 2
MAG
Ratchet and Clank 2
Heavy Rain
The Agency
GT5
White Knight Chronicles
TRICO

StuBurns

Banned
Shurs said:
Apparently there are a few other really big unannounced PSP games they'll be showing, so I suspect it's going to take up a large portion of the conference.

I suspect an Uncharted, a new game from Koji-Pro, and a new GTA game, among others.

Shurs

iamcool388 said:
I'm putting it from most likely to least likely:

God of War 3
Uncharted 2
MAG
Ratchet and Clank 2
Heavy Rain
The Agency
GT5
White Knight Chronicles
TRICO

I think they'll show (not demo) the PS3 version of Free Realms as well, for the casual market. I doubt, but hope they'll show what Jaffe's been working on and I think they'll probably give a little time to inFamous as well seeing as it'll have been out for less than a week and there are so many eyes on E3 it could only help the game.

Edit: I think we'll also see EyePet and hope we get PSN announcements for Parappa the Rapper, Patapon and a real Loco Roco.

Yoboman said:
- Gran Turismo 5 (only if it's substantially different from Prologue.... GT stage demos are typically dull)
-

Stage demos only work if they have an immediate "wow" to them. Sim racers really don't have that going for them. It's like stage demoing an RPG, it's really not going to be very appealing.

SolidSnakex said:
Stage demos only work if they have an immediate "wow" to them. Sim racers really don't have that going for them. It's like stage demoing an RPG, it's really not going to be very appealing.

Yes... thats why they should stage demo GOW3, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain. The rest can be in a montage, an announcement or a gameplay trailer (MAG).

Wanace

I will buy a PS3 (again) when this game comes out.

Fucking loved Fahrenheit, despite the bullshit at the end. This looks a million times better.

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
Well by different I mean they could show off some damn collision physics, that would get me excited :lol

abacab driver said:
I really hope Heavy Rain has the gameplay to back up its visuals.

I'm kinda worried about its controls scheme. I dunno how easy it will be to get used to it. I'll need a long ass tutorial for this game. :lol

Yoboman said:
Well by different I mean they could show off some damn collision physics, that would get me excited :lol

Yeah, if the damage is implemented then that would work. They could also show off the weather effects. I'll just be happy if they show GT5. I don't really care if it's a stage demo or a trailer.

Dante said:
Since lists are being posted, what I really want to see is the former announcements of the Rockstar exclusive and NCSoft agreement ( or whatever it was they paraded those 2 guys on stage for )

I'm not particularly sure how much they'd know, but one of the mods at PlayFire said that NCSoft will be making a PS3 announcement at E3.

Guled

SolidSnakex said:
One of them should be there.
I meant that Trico won't GT5 will
DevilWillcry said:
the fact that GoW3 most likely isn't coming out this year means that Sony might not waste time on a stage demo. GT5 will, but I don't think Ratchet is that big to get a stage demo. HR might also get a stage demo and a 3rd party game might also

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Guled said:
I meant that Trico won't GT5 will

the fact that GoW3 most likely isn't coming out this year means that Sony might not waste time on a stage demo. GT5 will, but I don't think Ratchet is that big to get a stage demo. HR might also get a stage demo and a 3rd party game might also

I think a live demo was actually confirmed for GoW3 though.

RavenFox

Banned
CrushDance said:
Gametrailers is ******* useless, it used to be quick and clean. Now it's bloated with crappy flash adds, super compressed videos and Xbox boxarts for every game. Gah, I was watching their Rise of the Argonaughts review and the guy says: "An Xbox game..." lol what? So I asked Rich about it and he says: "What's wrong with it?"

These guys have gone downhill in everything. Gamersyde please!
So much of this

Call me optimistic but I am hopeful that we will see GT5, Trico, HR, and UC2 this year. The only one that worries me is Trico. Oh and MAG....:lol

Top Bottom