• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain sold 4.5 million copies as of March 31st

banner_936.jpg

We are very proud to announce that combined sales of HEAVY RAIN on PS3 (released in 2010) and PS4 (released in 2016) are now in excess of 4,5 million units worldwide. Kuddos to our fans!

https://www.facebook.com/418304094916501/posts/1412394988840735/

lock if old.

The good david cage game... Well deserved.
Anyone else feel this is a little too random though?
Am i reaching in thinking we may get a release date for detroit at e3?

KORNdoggy

well deserved. it has it's flaws and plot holes, but it's a great game, and still the best example of this sort of interactive story out there. legitimate branching actions and story. it's a shame beyond was nothing like it.

Melchiah

Well deserved. One of my top 10 games of last gen. The Taxidermist DLC was great as well, and it was a damn shame that the Chronicles DLC was cancelled due to the resources needed for adding Move controls.

Hopeford

Not a huge fan of what the game did, but really like what it tried to do. Well deserved, was a massive, risky effort.

Sesha

Wow. I'm not a fan, but hats off to David Cage and Quantic Dream for making adventure games that sell millions. This, Until Dawn and probably Beyond are proof that adventure games can be million sellers.

I liked this game. It felt unique. It had a great atmosphere and a completely (to me anyway) novel way of delivering narrative.

The only annoying thing was the weird French accents all over the place. Either hire actors that have/can do the right accent or set the game in France goddamit.

PSOreo

Well deserved! Really loved the choices impacting on the story with characters deaths actually affecting how the game turned out in terms of endings. I remember struggling to get the trophy for the perfect run of the "driving into traffic" section. Still haven't to this day.

It was also fun seeing how others played through it different and the many hilarious Lets Plays/glitches that came out of it.

EGM1966

I liked it. There were some narrative flaws and like most multiple ending games/outcomes not all the emergent narratives are equally good but it felt tonally consistent and had some excellent sequences. It also avoided jumping the rails to the extend their previous game did.

Deserved for being a risky title that mostly pulled it off IMHO.

Vitten

Mixed feelings on this game.
Yeah it was something completely diferent and ok, the story was quite engrossing at times ( although the killer's identity is a bit ridiculous) but my god, there's like no replay value at all and the story never branches of in diferent directions no matter what actions you take.

Really impressive for what is quite an odd, experimental game for a mainstream release. Good for Sony & QD. I didn't like Beyond 2: Souls all that much, but I'm looking forward to Detroit still.

Imo this is quite an incredible result for a game as "different" as Heavy Rain was back in 2010. Seriously, that sorta project aiming for a mature console audience was quite risky.

Really impressive for what is quite an odd, experimental game for a mainstream release. Good for Sony & QD. I didn't like Beyond 2: Souls all that much, but I'm looking forward to Detroit still.

Same, I didn't enjoy Beyond 2 souls all that much and quit the game during the infamous Navajo Desert sequence.
It started out promising but the execution was poor.

Have very high hopes for Detroit though, QD games are one of a kind.

Loved it.

Had the ps4 version had the DLC that was on the ps3 version, I'd have bought it again!

The DLC captured a real sense of what I think Cage fully wanted from the game - at least I wish it was because it was perfect. Had the main game been more like the DLC, it would have been a masterpiece!

Still loved it though and I'm glad it's sold so many because I can't wait for Detroit :)

WITHE1982

Wow that's impressive for a game that gets a lot of hate (some justified).

I'm a big fan of Heavy Rain myself, despite it's massive plot holes and ham writing/acting there's something that brings me back to it again and again. It still has an emotional effect on me whenever I play it and IMO the characters are pretty great (in a Twin Peaks kinda way).

Maybe its appeal is that it's a unique experience on consoles. The branching story-lines and multiple endings are something that's hard to get right in games and Heavy Rain does a commendable job of it.

I'm also looking forward to Detroit. I hope Cage hams it up as much as HR.

sobaka770

Banned
Well deserved, it was a great game, if flawed. Still remember
that glass shards and finger cutting scenes

Croash

Nice!

I'm sure SHAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN is super happy abSHAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUNout that.

Can't wait to hear about DeSHAAAAAUUUUUUU-HAUU-HAUUU-HAAUUuuuuuntroit's release date. Damn it, Ethan, get a grip.

FinalAres

I never played this, but its on my list of games to buy once I'm done with my backlog.

I was always surprised at how the critical reception went from "amazing game" to "trash tier overrated" so quickly. Even the reviews of the PS4 release were tepid. Do you think this was a response to Beyond?

tzare

really enjoyed the game, so deserved. It is obviously a special game not everyone will enjoy, but i'd love to see more games like his in the future..

horkrux

A game I will never play again in my entire life. Going for the platinum has burned me out completely on this game, so much that I now consider it to be bad.
First playthrough was really nice though.

Kolx

Wow I expected the game to have sold something like half that. I'd take a guess here and say not mentioning Beyond two souls is because the game bombed.

I never played this, but its on my list of games to buy once I'm done with my backlog.

I was always surprised at how the critical reception went from "amazing game" to "trash tier overrated" so quickly. Even the reviews of the PS4 release were tepid. Do you think this was a response to Beyond?

As games have become more focused on the narrative elements and have seen a general trend up in the quality of writing, the glaring flaws become even more apparent. Same in animation and that particular genre through Tell Tale and other adventure titles. Plus the game is problematic in the technical department, with I think the PS4 port having some additional issues?

Doubt it has much to do with Beyond. I enjoyed both despite their shortcomings, but QD needs to step it up.

Top Bottom