• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain sold 4.5 million copies as of March 31st

Certinty

One of the greatest experiences I've ever had gaming.

Glad so many people played it. Hopefully Detroit is good.

I hope that Detroit keeps the branching paths but has a better story. I really admire Heavy Rain for the pure technical marvel of its choose-your-own-adventure setup, choice and consequences, but the story is so fucking stupid. Beyond went in the wrong direction entirely: getting rid of the branching almost entirely but keeping the stupid story.

I bet Beyond didn't even do half of that.

Congrats though, I still love Heavy Rain to this day. Does the whole rubber band-narrative thing better than most games coming out that proclaim how important their choices are. I hope Detroit is as good and finds similar success.

Carl

Very well deserved. One of the best games of last gen and QD is one of my favourite developers. Can't wait for Detroit

Gurish

Deserved, despite the plot holes and the not always great writing, it's one of the very few games in this genre that actually did give you real choices and consequences unlike 99% of the stuff that is out there by Telltale and others (like LiS).

I really hope that Detroit is closer in format to HR than to Beyond which was a massive step backwards in that regard.

I knew 60,70% of story and even the most important part of it, but still loved it when played it. It was an amazing experience!

471828_v1.jpg

weird game. deserves both all the praise & all the ridicule it's received :) ...

Loudninja

I bet Beyond didn't even do half of that.

Congrats though, I still love Heavy Rain to this day. Does the whole rubber band-narrative thing better than most games coming out that proclaim how important their choices are. I hope Detroit is as good and finds similar success.
Heavy has 3 years on Beyond 2 souls.

Beyond 2 souls was at 1.5 million 3 years ago.

Considering how niche the game is that is pretty good. Shame David took out the more supernatural parts of the game, from what I read and saw it actually helped the game make more sense. I am looking forward to Detroit.

That is way more than I thought. Like, WAY more. Keep bringing us the comedy gold David, looking forward to the probable, (but no doubt entertaining), mess that'll be Detroit.

kc44135

Heavy Rain deserves this. It's a great experience despite it's flaws, and certainly Quantic Dream's best game by far.

Impressive. Very well deserved. Hopefully Detroit will kick just as much ass. From what I have seen it has quite a bit of promise and hopefully people will enjoy the final character reveal :p

Neiteio

One of the most fun single-player games to go through together with friends, trading off the controller. Adore this game!

Sotha_Sil

It wasn't that great of a game but it was one of,if not my favorite, PS3 exclusives. Was quite unique at the time of release.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I played the remastered collection and much preferred Beyond Two Souls, it was better in every way.

I can't believe this F--- grade visual novel gets so much praise on gaf.

It's both the worst game I've ever played and worst movie I've ever watched jammed into one pile of flaming feces.

It's the Trump of video games.

DukeBobby

Nice. The game is heavily flawed, but I enjoyed my time with it. I can't really say the same for Beyond, though.

QD are a good script away from making a really great game. I'm cautiously optimistic about Detroit. If they nail it on the acting and writing front, they could be on to a winner.

Ricky_R

So glad to read that... Performances like this encourage Sony to continue investing in different genres and unique ideas. It's why they keep giving devs enough freedom to work on their projects and why they keep green-lighting story driven, single player games.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I was so into it when I thought my character could be perma killed with no going back. Then I messed something up at the very end that gave a bad ending and I saw i could restart from a checkpoint and get the best ending.

In many ways, not knowing the truth made the game amazing and provided a lot of tension.

Radogol

I was going to bet on Deck Nine's game being Heavy Rain II until the Life is Strange leak earlier today. Oh well.

Well deserved, loved it (even though they dropped the ball on DLC). Someone post that thread before it released where everyone said it would bomb.

Top Bottom