• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade II jumps to use UE5

Downside, means it will probably be at least a year after launch

Old news dude. This was known for 2 months now that Hellblade II is using UE5 for a while now ever since UE5 was revealed in May.

The game never "jumped" to UE5. It was using UE5 since the start. Stop spreading misinformation to cause console warfare and play the narrative of "PS5 showed UE5, so Hellblade 2 jumped on it because MS is behind on games!!!!1111" fucking dumb and sickening.

Last edited:

mrqs

I think that they already announced that the game was being made in UE5 when the engine was revealed. Hellblade 2 doesn't exist yet, that TGA trailer was mostly an mood piece.

Mr Moose

"The team will be building the game on Unreal 5" != "The team is building the game on Unreal 5".
I don't think they are yet, but will be soon enough.

geordiemp

All games on Unreal engine will be Unreal engine 5 by end of 2021.

It would be news if this game was coming before other unreal engine 5 games.

Arkam

All games on Unreal engine will be Unreal engine 5 by end of 2021.

It would be news if this game was coming before other unreal engine 5 games.
It actually depends what all the changes are from version to version. I worked on a UE3 game (Dirty Bomb) that launched well after UE4 was available.

geordiemp

It actually depends what all the changes are from version to version. I worked on a UE3 game (Dirty Bomb) that launched well after UE4 was available.

They did talk about 4.25 and 4.26 then to UE5 (and Lumen / Nanite is an OPTION as I understand).

I Need to watch it again lol

Not all UE5 will be nanite and lumen.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

They did talk about 4.25 and 4.26 then to UE5 (and Lumen / Nanite is an OPTION as I understand).

I Need to watch it again lol

Not all UE5 will be nanite and lumen.

Lumen/Nanite would have to be an option. It reads like an entirely new type of rendering pipeline. All of the usual stuff will be in UE5 as well though. I'm sure Ninja Theory is getting UE5 source updates as Epic completes features/milestone and they can just do whatever they want with it.

Mister Wolf

Hopefully it uses that Voxel GI they showed in the UE5 demo. More games should use Voxel GI. It not as good as Raytraced GI but a good half measure none the less. Looks great in the PC version of Hunt Showdown.

geordiemp

Lumen/Nanite would have to be an option. It reads like an entirely new type of rendering pipeline. All of the usual stuff will be in UE5 as well though. I'm sure Ninja Theory is getting UE5 source updates as Epic completes features/milestone and they can just do whatever they want with it.

Its in the section about UE 4.24 developments to 4.25 and defamation and body motion.

No games are using UE5 yet.

reksveks

Hopefully it uses that Voxel GI they showed in the UE5 demo. More games should use Voxel GI. It not as good as Raytraced GI but a good half measure none the less. Looks great in the PC version of Hunt Showdown.
Might do, watched the new UE video out today?

I can see a game with a lot of non-reflective surfaces like hellblade 2 using lumen for the large part.

also a quick note for the thread, developing UE is more of an iterative process so it’s less of a jump and more of a hop.

Damn can't wait to see this. I already thought it looked like the best thing we've seen from MS or Sony. UE5 is gonna make our eyes bleed.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

The footage shown was captured in-engine and reflects the power of Xbox Series X available to developers to deliver new universes, experiences and games in ways you have never imagined.

Top Bottom