• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade (Ninja Theory) now called Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, more info at GDC

LuuKyK

HB_Poster_PlayStation_Store.jpg

Hellblade, the upcoming PlayStation 4 and PC game from DmC Devil May Cry and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West developer Ninja Theory, will be officially titled Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, the developer announced.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hellblade-officially-subtitled-senuas-sacrifice#3DGY6V2Rw0kKGlmS.99

Official blog post: http://www.hellblade.com/?p=18363

melkier33

Interesting, right of the bat I didn't like the name change, but it kinda makes me think of a book title in a series now. Can't wait to hear more, the visual updates they showed the last few months look great.

Light_End

Banned
oh I remember this game, it looked pretty ugly before. I hope it got better.

Everything they showed before made it look like an action game that's going to fall victim to a rigid artistic vision choking the gameplay elements.

I'm a sucker for solid action games though so i hope it delivers.

J-Skee

Is this the same (alternate?) universe as Heavenly Sword?

I mean, the names mirror each other.

It can't share the same universe as Sony owns the rights to Heavenly Sword. I have no idea why Ninja Theory can't/won't do a sequel, but I assume this is more like a spiritual successor.

Everything they showed before made it look like an action game that's going to fall victim to a rigid artistic vision choking the gameplay elements.

I'm a sucker for solid action games though so i hope it delivers.

yea it was the way that the game looked that really bothered me about it.

I'm normally not one for adding additional text onto a title, but it does seem justified in this case. "Hellblade" by itself kind of sounds like a 90's edgelord comic book or maybe a heavy metal album, neither of which really inspire visions of semi-serious psychological introspection.

Really looking forward to this. I thoroughly enjoyed Enslaved and DmC and Ninja Theory's done fine work. It definitely has an interesting premise and protagonist, I like the art direction and the combat looks like it could be fun with further work.

Ricky_R

Alastor3

Can't freaking waitt!!!!!

I watched all of the developpement videos and it was awesome. Amazing what a small team can do!

Also, I love that they touch some subjects like alienation and mental problems.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I read it as Setsuna's Sacrifice, heh

Looking forward to seeing what the game looks like now. Didn't they pretty much scrap all the framework that we'd seen so far?

Bit of a silly subtitle, but it's one of those Word: Subtitle game names that everyone is just going to call by its regular title anyway. Beyond: Two Souls, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Detroit: Whatever Whatever; ain't nobody got time for all that.

Dinda

Since this will probably be a smaller game, i hope they set the game up so that a sequel would be possible. Love the design of Senua and, if the game is good, would love to see more of her.

Ran rp

Is there a dev diary where they talk about scrapping gameplay? I think the last one I saw is the one where they were showing off a bunch of experimental effects.

Top Bottom