Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice |OT| The Mid-Tier, in Limbo

I'm interested in this game so I'll check in on this OT for impressions and reviews. One thing that I'm worried about is the combat. Enemies don't seem to react to hits..

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested in this game so I'll check in on this OT for impressions and reviews. One thing that I'm worried about is the combat. Enemies don't seem to react to hits..
The big enemies absorb a lot of hits but the smaller ones all react to each individual strike.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. I think I'll enjoy it but I reckon it'll land in the 60s on Metacritic.

I watched a couple of minutes of a stream, and yeah, the combat looks pretty simple and it's more of a walking simulator. Granted, it doesn't look like a bad walking simulator, but you know.

I watched a couple of minutes of a stream, and yeah, the combat looks pretty simple and it's more of a walking simulator. Granted, it doesn't look like a bad walking simulator, but you know.
So reviewers are going to dock it hard because it isn't what they expected it would be. Got it!

Can it be a speed-between-walking-and-sprinting simulator, at least?

Sounds great to me. The game has amazing atmosphere (from the videos/shots I've seen) and will be a blast to take screenshots of (yes, some of us are that weird!). Hopefully the photomode is OK enough (creating one is fun too, but if a decent one is already there, it's good too). 1 day to go! :)

I guess we saw different streams ,combat is fine and its much less walkins sim than nuTomb Raider is

I guess we saw different streams ,combat is fine and its much less walkins sim than nuTomb Raider is
It was somewhere around the 30 minutes mark, maybe it opens up a bit after the beginning. The combat, ehhh, I went back to watch and it still looked rather simple. Attack, attack, attack, block if you see an enemy attacking, attack. It's not exactly DmC.

In any case, from what I've seen, it's worth it for the atmosphere alone!

I'm immensely nervous about this game. I can't read the whole thread right now, but are there any impressions about how it uses the concept of psychosis? As someone that deals with mental illness I'm wary of the game and if they'll use it... respectfully I guess? Not as a storytelling caveat, basically. Is it used well or is it more like, "Ooooh she sees demons because of her psychosis!!!!"?

I'm really excited to play this game. I just put together a new PC so I will definitely take advantage of the uncapped FPS. I will also follow of the advice of everyone and play this with headphones on. Interested to see how the bin-aural audio comes into play or just a gimmick.

The big enemies absorb a lot of hits but the smaller ones all react to each individual strike.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. I think I'll enjoy it but I reckon it'll land in the 60s on Metacritic.
All Ninja Thepry games have been critically well recieved its just that if you are an action game fan besides DmC there isn't much to look forward to.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Man some of the imagery in that first half hour is pretty tough to watch when you know people who go through these things.....

Keep in mind at first they said on twitter 6 to 8 hours, which actually means 6 hours, but in actual fact you'll probably finish in 4 if you dont stretch it artificially and look at evey wall and texture
on the other hand, I'm the type that takes a lot longer to play through games,searching everywhere, or simply taking my time taking in the atmosphere.

So for me, it's closer to 12-14 hours. ;p