• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello, if you are seeing this message and are not already on Twitch.tv...

johntown

Banned
Anybody else been just dealing with the purple Twitch message? Or has everyone just given up and started watching ads?

Does anyone have any scripts or tools that can block the purple message?

For me, I have started bouncing around to different channels to avoid it but I found I need to be away from a channel for about an hour to have it reset. Otherwise, it comes about every 10 minutes. The alternate Twitch player used to block them but only hides them right now and it still disruptive. Some streamers know that most people cannot block ads anymore and have started spamming them throughout their streams.

Or should I just give up?

Kev Kev

Anybody else been just dealing with the purple Twitch message? Or has everyone just given up and started watching ads?

Does anyone have any scripts or tools that can block the purple message?

For me, I have started bouncing around to different channels to avoid it but I found I need to be away from a channel for about an hour to have it reset. Otherwise, it comes about every 10 minutes. The alternate Twitch player used to block them but only hides them right now and it still disruptive. Some streamers know that most people cannot block ads anymore and have started spamming them throughout their streams.

Or should I just give up?
i gave up. when i watch live twitch i dont get them, but theres only one thing i watch on there. but if im watching replays i get that shit and sometimes it bugs out and doesn't go back tot he show. so i gave up.

johntown

Banned
i gave up. when i watch live twitch i dont get them, but theres only one thing i watch on there. but if im watching replays i get that shit and sometimes it bugs out and doesn't go back tot he show. so i gave up.
Yeah their ad system has always been disruptive and buggy. I have it had glitch out the sound and cause weird issue when the streams returned. What I disliked the most was browsing channels and every channel to just even check it out I am hit with a pre-roll ad.

There was a short time late last year when it was a back and forth for Ublock Origin where it would work for a month and then back to ads. Then someone made an addon Twitch could not patch and they started blasted people with the purple screen. It is mainly just background noise for me anyway.

KrakenIPA

I stream outta youtube mostly, it doesn't count as a gaming site at work, even though I have watched full months worth of game streams lately. My fav so far is Hobo: Tough Life. It's a good game if you can watch somebody fight somebody else for a coat!

Last edited:
Top Bottom