• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello There - Kenobi Officially Confirmed for Disney+

giphy.gif

Melon Husk

I knew it! An exclusive series about him? Can't do much more than that to attract subscribers.
edit: I suppose it's going to be a fun, cartoony counterbalance to the mandalorian.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

Gold Member
As long as it isn’t him just sitting in the desert watching baby Luke I’m keen. He was a great Obi and I look forward to some more from him.

JimiNutz

Banned
I kinda liked the prequels and Obi Wan was probably my favourite part of the PT overall.

Cautiously optimistic, especially now that I've seen the quality of the Mandalorian. Give this an equally big budget and it could be awesome.

I wonder how far after the PT this will be set and will it take place entirely on Tatooine?

SegaShack

Obiwan as he was written in the prequels was an OK side character, but not interesting enough to have a series based around him. It sounds very boring.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Do they still play adverts during tv shows? Also is the total run time approx 2 hours or is it much, much longer?

No? At least not Netflix or any of the other streaming services, the show is mean to be watched start to finish without interruption. The whole point of these streaming services is you are paying them directly instead of relying on advertising revenue.

As for run time most are an hour, though GOT and some other made as high production shows are hitting well over an hour. Episodes are more like individual movies now than ever before. Hell, modern major shows have higher per episode resources thrown at them then many movies did from a decade ago.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
No? At least not Netflix or any of the other streaming services, the show is mean to be watched start to finish without interruption. The whole point of these streaming services is you are paying them directly instead of relying on advertising revenue.

As for run time most are an hour, though GOT and some other made as high production shows are hitting well over an hour. Episodes are more like individual movies now than ever before. Hell, modern major shows have higher per episode resources thrown at them then many movies did from a decade ago.

So it’s like many small hour long, obi wan movies, about an hour long each that are episodic but together more like one movie that is 20+ hours long.

I know what you mean, especially regarding production values.

But they are different.

An obiwan movie such as rogue one or solo, is very different from a tv series like lost, game of thrones or whatever. No one is convincing anyone otherwise.

I wanted my obiwan movie with the same actor but we got a Han Solo movie instead, yea I’m pissed (not really) and this tv series is the studio trying to meet the fans half way after they have royally mishandled the franchise.

It will probably be good I’m just not interested for now anyway.

Malakhov

Banned
Oh yes, cant wait. Mcgregor is totally awesome and he wont have a terrible director like Lucas this time around, glorious.

JimiNutz

Banned
I wonder if they will give this show to Dave Filoni? He's obviously used to working on the character since he did the Clone Wars and he's directing some of The Mandalorian so he's getting himself ready for the transition from animation to live action.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
If not I’m sure they will announce another ANH era tv show he can direct. Just gang bang the OT until the end of time

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Good news. He's Kenobi and knows his way around the character, hopefully this movie gets made.

plushyp

I wonder if they will give this show to Dave Filoni? He's obviously used to working on the character since he did the Clone Wars and he's directing some of The Mandalorian so he's getting himself ready for the transition from animation to live action.

Not sure how true this is but if it is then lol at having Simon Kinberg and Scott Buck

Malakhov

Banned
I’ll take Lucas over whatever director and writer Kathleen Kennedy chooses for this.
I'll take anyone in the world over Lucas, he didn't even want to direct his films, he's one of the worst directors out there.

What he did with McGregor, Neeson, Portman etc.. was a fucking mess.

When you make these actors look like crap like they did in the prequels, you don't merit to ever direct again.

Malakhov

Banned

Not sure how true this is but if it is then lol at having Simon Kinberg and Scott Buck

Lol Kinberg worked on the Martian and star wars rebels which is the best thing star wars related that came out since the OT.

Ah those pesky star wars fans, never happy with anything

Last edited:

plushyp

Lol Kinberg worked on the Martian and star wars rebels which is the best thing star wars related that came out since the OT.

Ah those pesky star wars fans, never happy with anything
Kinberg also tried twice to adapt the X-Men Phoenix storyline and failed both times.

Anyway I'm not a Star Wars fan so...

If true, then it should be pretty well written and feel “Star Warsy” compared to TLJ arthouse crap.
I'm sure it will be better than TLJ but that isn't really a high bar though.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Kinberg also tried twice to adapt the X-Men Phoenix storyline and failed both times.

Anyway I'm not a Star Wars fan so...

I'm sure it will be better than TLJ but that isn't really a high bar though.
He did shit but I did point out two awesome things he did in the last years. He created star wars rebels along Filoni, which is epic and already star wars related. If he can bring that rebels feeling into a live action series then it will be awesome.

I got the rebels series for my kids and I ended up watching it religiously with them, it had the OT feeling to it and it's the only thing that gave me that magic star wars touch since the OT. It was sooo good.

Last edited:

Caffeine

if obiwan is 46 in this that puts this series at teh same year that solo happened 8 years after ep3 and 11 years before ep4. which means darth maul is the leader of crimson dawn, however unless this series does a time jump at some point to 2 years before bby in ep4 he wont fight or meet maul once as per twin suns episode season 3 of rebels which is considered canon.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Created and written by Simon Kinberg, with episodes directed by Olivier Megaton, Jonathan Liebesman, and Brett Ratner. Additional episodes written by Scott Buck and Skip Woods.

Simon Kinberg
mediocre white man. not just any tho, the guy who killed the X-Men franchise directing Dark Phoenix lol, what was the Batman v Superman writer busy?

Olivier Megaton
mediocre FRENCH white man. directed Taken 2/3.

Jonathan Liebesman
mediocre South African white man. did photography on Michael Bay's TMNT which of course we all love and respect as a beautiful film.

Brett Ratner
medicore white man. lol they have two directors who killed the X-Men franchise each a decade apart.

Skip Woods
mwm. writer for Wolverine: Origins. lol. any more x-men flunkies who we can have fail upwards?

also look at all the diversity! guaranteed white male feminism for this crap.

Last edited:

Caffeine

I imagine a lot of people are still hungry for a decent Star Wars movie or TV show.
Just because we've been recently fed doesn't mean we're not still hungry, especially when the food served so far has been dipped in bumhole sauce.
ye thats pretty much it even in the games department. 2 battlefronts and not even that good. the only thing good has been novels and comics. the cartoons were already in progress.

Hatemachine

Banned
Who knew space was so "diverse"...?
Not an issue here since Star Wars OT established there's all sorts of human ethnicities in the galaxy. The bigger issue is that the casting of Dinesh from Silicon Valley signals it's going to be a cheesedick cringe fest and not a bad ass space western like I had in mind.

Top Bottom