• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help bring Tingle DS to the states! Official Tingle Survey

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
jett said:
legend-of-zelda-20060712024058258.jpg

O.O

o_O

o_O

:lol :lol :lol

GAHAHAA!!!! TINGLE'S PARENTS!!!!! Are these official? :D

cabel

jett said:
Picture of weird-ass characters that make me laugh

What I actually meant was: are you seriously complaining that there are too many homoerotic characters in videogames?

Because either we're playing waaayyyy different games, or you live in Kansas.

cabel

John Harker said:
Is there a "please don't do this to us" option on this survey?

Yes! It's the radio button labelled "Just don't buy the game when it comes out".

(Whoah, why have I activated Defense Force Alpha? I think it's because I want there to be more comedy-based games in the world -- I miss you, Monkey Island -- so I want this to happen. And yes, I do find Tingle funny, but on a fundamentally creepy/funny level -- which, I think, is the general Tingle idea.)

DyersEve

I never understood the hate for Tingle, I mean I dont love him or hate him. Hes just a character thats original from most. Hes a grown man that thinks hes an immortal fairy, he basicly doesnt want to grow up, he wore the cloths that most elves or fairys do like Link but hes a middle aged man, hes there basicly to make fun of himself and people who dont want to grow up. I dont see him as gay and dont see how he has such a major role in the Zelda games to be annoying. Some people seem to take this stuff way to seriously.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
on a serious note, it's pretty obvious Tingle is the modern day Peter pan. But he isn't living imortally in wonderland nomore(cuz the feds raided and michael is pissy), but he still thinks he is!

Polari said:
What if Nintendo are going to localise either Tingle or Mother 3, and you voted Tingle?

oh the humanity =(

Jiggy

I've done my part.
Gave my reasoning that the common indifference and/or dislike toward Tingle is rooted in the lack of backstory to explain just why he's so odd, and that this game could alleviate the problem. Also argued that it's guaranteed at least some sales by virtue of being a Zelda spinoff, and made comparisons to Super Princess Peach and Pokemon Trozei as other spinoffs on the DS.

...Yeah, I know. Even I only half-believe what I said, but I want that Tingle game.

Scenester

Tingle is a revolting character. I hope I never have anything to do with him ever again. Knowing me Ill end up buying Twilight Princess :(

Polari

DyersEve said:
I never understood the hate for Tingle, I mean I dont love him or hate him. Hes just a character thats original from most. Hes a grown man that thinks hes an immortal fairy, he basicly doesnt want to grow up, he wore the cloths that most elves or fairys do like Link but hes a middle aged man, hes there basicly to make fun of himself and people who dont want to grow up. I dont see him as gay and dont see how he has such a major role in the Zelda games to be annoying. Some people seem to take this stuff way to seriously.

Clearly.

jett

D-Member
cabel said:
What I actually meant was: are you seriously complaining that there are too many homoerotic characters in videogames?

Because either we're playing waaayyyy different games, or you live in Kansas.

1.- I was just talking about Zelda games, and 2.- I was exaggerating. Props to you for taking it so seriously and personal, though.

Symytry

why in the hell would you care that much if a game is NOT released in the US. You can simply not ****ing buy it.

Man, Tingle's the only character in the Zelda universe that's worth a damn. At least he's unique, and he seems less gay then that tight-wearing blond hippie looking idiot you always have to play as.

C'MON TINGLE!!!!!

I garuntee that Tingle DS will be better than Twilight Princess

And that's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Symytry said:
why in the hell would you care that much if a game is NOT released in the US. You can simply not ****ing buy it.

Well then what's the point of having a survey? Obviously Nintendo wants to know if people will avoid buying the game too so they don't, you know, lose money for localizing a failure because people hate Tingle in the first place

ethelred

I completed the survey with the most positive answers it allowed for, and then added a personalized plea for localization.

Game looks ****-all awesome and needs to come to the US.

Wario64 said:
Obviously Nintendo wants to know if people will avoid buying the game too so they don't, you know, lose money for localizing a failure because people hate Tingle in the first place
I say they should take one for the team in this case; even if it's a money-loser, we need more games like this, God damn it.

Polari

the year 20XX said:
If anything, I'd like to see more of this and less DARK, GRITTY ZELDA in the future.

We've got The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass for "people" like you.

ourumov

AniHawk said:
I say Tingle should be in his own game as long as he's banned from future Zelda games.
It's awesome to see the reaction of some Zelda fans when Tingle pops up...I say...keep him in Zelda games ! :p

While the art style and potential premise of a game based around Tingle sound great I'm not sure you guys are reading much into what the game is going to be about.

From what I've read about the gameplay it kinda sounds like an accounting-sim. It amazes me that anyone could possibly be excited about that. I mean seriously a game about accounting?!!!?

ethelred

LegendofJoe said:
While the art style and potential premise of a game based around Tingle sound great I'm not sure you guys are reading much into what the game is going to be about.

From what I've read about the gameplay it kinda sounds like an accounting-sim. It amazes me that anyone could possibly be excited about that. I mean seriously a game about accounting?!!!?

What the hell? :lol It's not an accounting sim. Just because the gameplay involves rupees... Jesus christ.

Polari said:
We've got The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass for "people" like you.

And I'm glad. You can be glad that there's Twilight Princess for "people" like you who need your fairy tale adventures to be in a constant state of ABOUT TO BREAK.

"People"? Seriously? I don't count as an actual person because I think the elf-boy games should be light-hearted?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
This thread has become an epic battle... The lines are being drawn.

I voted to bring it over.

mollipen

Anybody who would actually fill out the surver negatively is an absolute moron.

For a moment, let's pretend that this survey actually does mean a damn, and Nintendo was using it to make a solid decision on if they should bring the game out here or not. If the people who want the game go and say they want it, and that vote wins, then those people can buy the game and be happy, and the people who don't want it don't have to buy it and can be happy not playing it.

If the people who don't want the game actually go and vote against it, and they win, then they don't play the game, and are happy, and the people who did want to play it can't and aren't happy.

I know, I know... internet, being cool, trolling, blah blah.

siege

Banned
The whole idea of Tingle having his own game perplexes me. Nintendo are really grasping for straws with that one.

Polari

the year 20XX said:
And I'm glad. You can be glad that there's Twilight Princess for "people" like you who need your fairy tale adventures to be in a constant state of ABOUT TO BREAK.

"People"? Seriously? I don't count as an actual person because I think the elf-boy games should be light-hearted?

lol. I'm a big Wind Waker fan, and am definitely looking forward to Phantom Hourglass. It's not like I insulted your mother, calm down.

Oh shit. Did I just overreact to an attack on a Nintendo property? Did I just basically defend Nintendo from a guy on a message board? I think I'm going to puke and then kill myself. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don`t understand why you would try to keep Tingle out of America. No one is forcing you to buy it. All you`re doing is stopping people who really want it from getting it.

Wtf kind of people are you? Jesus ****. I`m glad I don`t have to deal with you asshats in japan.

EDIT: I`m getting the JP version, and I still voted yes for the US version.

ethelred

TheTrin said:
I don`t understand why you would try to keep Tingle out of America. No one is forcing you to buy it. All you`re doing is stopping people who really want it from getting it.

Wtf kind of people are you? Jesus ****. I`m glad I don`t have to deal with you asshats in japan.

Yeah.

It really is annoying that people would go out of their way to do something like that, because it doesn't hurt them in the slightest of the game gets an English release. Expressing that kind of negativity on a survey like this just hurts the chances of some people getting the opportunity to play a game they'd really like.

It's just incredibly stupid.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the tingle hate is seriously stupid

oh well I don't really mind him but his game imo is the beat looking game on DS at least going by the pics I seen it looks really good and I want to try it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ethelred said:
Yeah.

It really is annoying that people would go out of their way to do something like that, because it doesn't hurt them in the slightest of the game gets an English release. Expressing that kind of negativity on a survey like this just hurts the chances of some people getting the opportunity to play a game they'd really like.

NOW YOU HAVE MORE TIME TO PLAY MADDEN LOLOLOLOL AMIRITE?!

ethelred said:
Yeah.

You guys really can't figure out why we'd vote against this? It's simple. Nintendo has limited development resources, and we'd prefer they be spent making games we want.

It's not so much a vote against localization, it's a vote against making the game at all (or a sequel, at this point).

Give me a chance, and I'll vote against Nintendogs, Pikmin, all the Mario Sports and Party games, and some others, too. I'd rather they be working on a new Punch Out, or a Kid Icarus RPG, another Jungle Beat game, some original games that DON'T have all the Mario characters shoe-horned in, a new 2D Metroid...and so on.

thetrin

Leondexter said:
You guys really can't figure out why we'd vote against this? It's simple. Nintendo has limited development resources, and we'd prefer they be spent making games we want.

It's not so much a vote against localization, it's a vote against making the game at all (or a sequel, at this point).

Give me a chance, and I'll vote against Nintendogs, Pikmin, all the Mario Sports and Party games, and some others, too. I'd rather they be working on a new Punch Out, or a Kid Icarus RPG, another Jungle Beat game, some original games that DON'T have all the Mario characters shoe-horned in, a new 2D Metroid...and so on.

So you want original IPs that don`t have the mario characters shoe-horned into it, but you`d vote against Pikmin? Do you realize how ridiculous your argument is?

ethelred

Leondexter said:

Um, but the survey has no bearing on what NCL does at all. You're not voting against making the game. You're voting in favor of the game being made but just being denied to American gamers. What sense does that make?

And I can't see how Kid Icarus RPG is a-okay but Tingle RPG is horrendous. But if you don't want it, just don't buy it! The game's already being made, so there's no reason to try and block people in America from getting to play it just to be vindictive and spiteful.

Kroole

Leondexter said:

1. If the game succeeds in Japan it will get a follow-up regardless of how the situation is in USA (see starfi)

2. You brought up 4 game series published by Nintendo. 2 of those are developed by outside sources (ie no internal resources spent) and is also the only 2 on that list that does have Mario characters shoe-horned in.

EDIT: Man I'm slow at typing

NSider

Polari said:
lol. I'm a big Wind Waker fan, and am definitely looking forward to Phantom Hourglass. It's not like I insulted your mother, calm down.

zidane_video_game200x150.jpg

Do NOT insult his mother.

If anyone filled out this survey denouncing Tingle, they are ****ing insane; plain and simple. WE NEED THIS GAME STATEWIDE. Some people don't understand this.

thetrin

Cranehand2ndComing said:
If anyone filled out this survey denouncing Tingle, they are ****ing insane; plain and simple. WE NEED THIS GAME STATEWIDE. Some people don't understand this.

And I can`t figure out why they can`t. Tingle is a step in the direction of a new IP, and an interesting new step for the DS. It`s also quirky, offbeat, and has a really original style.

Games like this really need to see the light of day in the US, so devs can see that not all games have to have giant flaming swords and bald buff space marines.

Top Bottom