• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help bring Tingle DS to the states! Official Tingle Survey

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
king zell said:
Japanese ver Boxart

4902370513875_500.jpg

HELL ****ING YES I NEED THIS GAME.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That box art is pure ****ing genius. I feel sorry for anyone who won`t be able to get their hands on this.

Even if you don't personally want this game, you have no soul if you don't want to see that sitting next to New Super Mario Bros. and Nintendogs on the shelves. No. Soul.

thetrin

Amir0x said:
so much gay subtext

That is the utter genius of it. He`s so gay, he wraps around the scale, and becomes super manly. Pac-Man theory represent.

When I get home, I`m totally making that box art my new avatar.

Aeana

Would someone mind telling me how flowers/butterflies/birds and goofy clothing relate to a person's sexuality? I just don't get it.

thetrin

Bo130 said:
I don't recall loving a boxart that much since the japanese Advance Wars DS one :D

jp_front.jpg

I always loved that boxart. It`s so bizarre, but it also reminds me of my days playing with toy soldiers. Good memories. :)

Amir0x

Banned
if i was an old middle aged chubby man and decided to dress myself up in neon green spandex and prance around in a field full of roses, butterflies and sparkling, gaudy gems nobody is gonna think I'm straight Aeana :D

thetrin

Amir0x said:
if i was an old middle aged chubby man and decided to dress myself up in neon green spandex and prance around in a field full of roses, butterflies and sparkling, gaudy gems nobody is gonna think I'm straight Aeana :D

Let`s not forget that his life long dream is to be a fairy.

Amir0x

Banned
TheTrin said:
Let`s not forget that his life long dream is to be a fairy.

ALSO, the sound that accompanies his talking in Wind Waker is funny as hell :lol

just look at his stance in that photo 'hurray!' :lol

thetrin

Amir0x said:
ALSO, the sound that accompanies his talking in Wind Waker is funny as hell :lol

If he doesn`t say Kooluh Limpah in this game, I will cry.

Xellotah said:
I don't think its gay .... just feminine.

Oh, I think it`s totally flaming gay, but I personally think it`s ****ing awesome. This game without gay subtext would be a shell of a Tingle game.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I will vote for it for those that like him. I see no reason why they shouldn't get the chance to play the game.

That being said, I ****ing hate tingle, and always have. After that bs in WW, I hope he never shows up in another Zelda title ever again. Hero of the wind just wanted the damn maps translated, you didn't have to whore him for rupees as well.

Link: Can you tell me what this says?
Tingle: *Looks at link homoerotically* That will be 10000000000000000000000000e Rupees.
Link: WTF!

thetrin

Oldschoolgamer said:
I will vote for it for those that like him. I see no reason why they shouldn't get the chance to play the game.

That being said, I ****ing hate tingle, and always have. After that bs in WW, I hope he never shows up in another Zelda title ever again. Hero of the wind just wanted the damn maps translated, you didn't have to whore him for rupees as well.

Link: Can you tell me what this says?
Tingle: *Looks at link homoerotically* That will be 10000000000000000000000000e Rupees.
Link: WTF!

You`re a hero. Your generosity will be repaid hundred fold in another life.

SantaC

gee who cares if this game get locallzed? I am no fan of tingle, but the more games we get to play here in the west, the better. I don't really see tingle worse than say bald generic men on steriods.

AniHawk

SantaCruZer said:
gee who cares if this game get locallzed? I am no fan of tingle, but the more games we get to play here in the west, the better. I don't really see tingle worse than say bald generic men on steriods.

But bald generic men on steroids don't destroy traditional family values in America.

thetrin

Amir0x said:

I hope the US name is `Tingle`s Fabulous Rupee adventure.`

TheTrin said:
So you want original IPs that don`t have the mario characters shoe-horned into it, but you`d vote against Pikmin? Do you realize how ridiculous your argument is?

One doesn't preclude the other. I didn't care for Pikmin. I appreciate that they used a new character with Olimar instead of Mario, and I can see it's a well-crafted piece of work, but it wasn't fun. I'm glad they did something different, but I didn't like it, and I'd vote against another sequel. Even so, I'd be in favor of more attempts at new games.

I'm sure there are games you'd rather see made over others, and vote accordingly given a chance. It's not a difficult concept, and there's no contradiction.

On topic, and in all seriousness, I think Nintendo is stupid if they don't bring over every single game they make, period. You never know what will take off, and production these days is cheap. Most likely, everything they publish would at least break even, and if not, any sleeper hits they uncover would more than make up for it. It frustrates me that they've let the Gamecube die when they're sitting on a stack of unreleased Japanese games. And I'm pissed that the best new game they've made in years--Daigasso Band Bros--has been shelved, but inferior games that sold far worse have made it here. A game based on the most annoying character they have being brought over would be salt on the wound.

You guys can have your Tingle game, I'm sure. I haven't voted against it (yet), and I doubt this little poll will make any difference if I do. But I'll hate on Tingle all I want.

Teasel

that boxart is... well... scary '_'
i hope we aren't getting any "MY SON BECAME GAY AFTER PLAYING THIS GAME! WE SHOULD BAN THIS TO PRESERVE THE MASCULINITY OF OUR SONS!" coverage from the media

NSider

Teasel said:
i hope we aren't getting any "MY SON BECAME GAY AFTER PLAYING THIS GAME! WE SHOULD BAN THIS TO PRESERVE THE MASCULINITY OF OUR SONS!" coverage from the media

That would be awesome.

ZeoVGM

Banned
make sure everyone says "please bring this to America but PLEASE call it Freshly Picked Tingle's Rose-Colored Rupee Land"

honestly, if Nintendo did that, respect +45343654326

jesusraz

AniHawk said:

And there was me thinking in this case it would be 'A' for Ana...erm, never mind, best for me not to go there ;) (literally)

Anyway - with any luck Nintendo will acually pay attention to this, rather than ignore it like with the nintendo.com front page polls (where did Starfi, GiFTPiA and Nintendo Puzzle Collection go, huh? Despite lots of hits on your damn poll you still ignored the fans!).

Helping the cause: http://www.cubed3.com/topic/16464/ Hopefully other sites will get in on the act and force Nintendo's hand :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I don't mind it being released here...but in the case Nintendo didn't release it, would they spend the money and resources on releasing a different game instead?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Kiriku said:
I don't mind it being released here...but in the case Nintendo didn't release it, would they spend the money and resources on releasing a different game instead?

no, they'd take a payed vacation.

I created another account at work so that I could vote against Tingle twice.

I hate Tingle, and I hate people who like Tingle. That spandex-clad bastard is solely responsible for Nintendo's precipitous drop to third place, and that will not abide!

Leondexter said:
One doesn't preclude the other. I didn't care for Pikmin. I appreciate that they used a new character with Olimar instead of Mario, and I can see it's a well-crafted piece of work, but it wasn't fun. I'm glad they did something different, but I didn't like it, and I'd vote against another sequel. Even so, I'd be in favor of more attempts at new games.

I'm sure there are games you'd rather see made over others, and vote accordingly given a chance. It's not a difficult concept, and there's no contradiction.

On topic, and in all seriousness, I think Nintendo is stupid if they don't bring over every single game they make, period. You never know what will take off, and production these days is cheap. Most likely, everything they publish would at least break even, and if not, any sleeper hits they uncover would more than make up for it. It frustrates me that they've let the Gamecube die when they're sitting on a stack of unreleased Japanese games. And I'm pissed that the best new game they've made in years--Daigasso Band Bros--has been shelved, but inferior games that sold far worse have made it here. A game based on the most annoying character they have being brought over would be salt on the wound.

You guys can have your Tingle game, I'm sure. I haven't voted against it (yet), and I doubt this little poll will make any difference if I do. But I'll hate on Tingle all I want.

You know, there's a reason why you appear to be called "whining loser".

Because you hate Pikmin and would work against Nintendo making a Pikmin 3 despite people, you know, wanting it.

In somewhat more seriousness: the "popularity" of characters like Hard Gay and Tingle are why the public perception of homosexuality in Japan hasn't progressed beyond the Village People circa 1983. Supporting Tingle because he's "funny" is about as defensible as supporting Square's Tom Sawyer because he's "funny":

tom2ux6.jpg

Tingle is not just an annoying middle-aged man in a green spandex suit. He's a cultural cancer. By accepting him and his game, you are enabling Japanese society to continue marginalizing homosexuality as an amusing psychosis.

Synthesizer Patel said:
I created another account at work so that I could vote against Tingle twice.

I hate Tingle, and I hate people who like Tingle. That spandex-clad bastard is solely responsible for Nintendo's precipitous drop to third place, and that will not abide!

You hate freedom then, commie.

Top Bottom