• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HELP GAF I go Jalapeno up my nose and It HURTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried blowing my nose, inhaling water through my nose, and I currently have some bread rolled up in a doe like state in my nose and it burns really bad. It actually hurts and is much hotter in the nostrils than it is in the mouth.
Any suggestions to deal with this???

Tymerend

If I were you, I'd go ly dow.

Aside from useless advice, though, milk may help to reduce the burn a bit. Otherwise, just wait a while and it'll eventually subside.

Oh, and don't masturbate until you've scrubbed your hands a couple times...

Just... trust me.

17992331.jpg

I love OT. Whenever someone has one of these weird problems that require immediate attention, the first reaction is to make a thread.

How did this happen? That's the story I actually want to hear.

squidyj

Do nothing... sit with the pain, breathe, bear it, it'll feel really bad but the pain will peak and then you can start to chill the fuck out.

Pro Tip, don't pick your nose or otherwise touch your face after chopping peppers, or masturbate, that one's pretty bad. If you're working with VERY hot peppers wear latex (nonpowdered) gloves to avoid getting the oil on your fingers.

Although maybe some people enjoy that sort of sensation when they want to get off.... i'm sure theres a fetish for it... on the internet

drspeedy

Rub sour cream up there, wipe off in a few minutes. Avoid touching your nose with your bare fingers, I'm assuming jalapeno juiced hands are the culprit here

GAF don't touch sensitive area after handling peppers, especially nose and eyes. Listen to Squid up there, if you think this was bad, try discovering you have some stray habanero on your fingers AFTER you started taking a leak. You'll know quickly...

Spicy peppers contain capsaicin oil, so they are not water soluble. Instead of washing the capsaicin out of your mouth, you will merely spread it around, increasing the amount of pain that you feel.

Instead, try drinking tomato juice or biting into a lemon or lime. This apparently helps with the pain of hot peppers because the high acid content of these foods helps neutralize the alkaline capsaicin.

Yoghurt also helps. 1.2 billion Indians downing their mutton vindaloos with mango lassis can't be wrong!

Ill update the op, but its simple: I chopped some. Peppers and mixed them In with my baked potato. After I ate I had an itch in my nose and without thinking went to alleviate said itch. Trace amounts of spice/ juice were on my finger and it got In my nose. The burning sensation then spread up the membrane as the spice diffused into an area of lesser concentration.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ill update the op, but its simple: I chopped some. Peppers and mixed them In with my baked potato. After I ate I had an itch in my nose and without thinking went to alleviate said itch. Trace amounts of spice/ juice were on my finger and it got In my nose. The burning sensation then spread up the membrane as the spice diffused into an area of lesser concentration.
Yup. Pickin your nose or rubbing your eyes are pretty common mistakes to make after dealing with some spicy peppers. I've done both several times.

squidyj

Yeah I rubbed my eyes after chopping up some peppers to spice up a curry... but those were Habaneros.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I love OT. Whenever someone has one of these weird problems that require immediate attention, the first reaction is to make a thread.

How did this happen? That's the story I actually want to hear.

The wisdom of Gaf at your fingertips, why wouldn't you ask? You can possibly save yourself a trip to the hospital.

Although, stuff like when their guts are exploding, and they make a thread, yeah that is crazy.

lingiii

Banned
Worst day of my life:

Made chili. My chili is fuck-hot. Goal is it shouldn't be possible to eat without a glass of milk on stand-by. Multiple habeneros, a ghost pepper, wasn't goofin'.

Fucking wore two food service gloves, careful as hell.

After all the slicing, took gloves off and washed the cutting board (<-the fateful moment). So proud of gloves and not scratching my nose, didn't think "hey this cutting board's probably fucked huh". Washed my hands for a solid 4 mintues just in case anything got through the gloves. Went to bathroom to piss. Scratched under my balls.

CATASTROPHE.

I ended up with my whole package tea-bagging a glass of whole cream for like three hours, couldn't have sex for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom