• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Help, how can I spin this to Orange man bad?

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010

I know Trump is running vast network concentration camps, but Obama was the most liberal open borders president. How can I prove this is a hoax and was a right wing conspiracy.

Reactions: #Phonepunk#

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Where have I said that treatment of immigrants under Obama was examplary?
I would like to say the same. Can you show me where I said Obama handled the border situation correctly?

Because I don't believe I have ever said anything of the sort. You are just making baseless assumptions. Silence on an issue or not speaking out on an issue does not mean someone condones it or agrees with it. Try to learn that lesson. Also Obama wasn't even president when I made my Gaf account. So there wouldn't be any posts of me complaining about the border situation. But if you need me to say it then I will.

Barack Obama was just as bad as Trump when hit came to handling the humanitarian crisis along the southern border.

Does that help?

Last edited:

Yoshi

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Can you point me to the post where you condemn his as a Nazi for putting children in cages, pre-Trump.. I mean you are equally fair and not biased.
In fact point me to all your anti-Obama posts.
Lol do you think I have my postings from three years back cataloged to pull out "here I said something against Obama"? If you are interested in negative comments about Obama I made, search in my posting history yourself, I am not your google-slave.

Panda1

Jan 12, 2010
I would like to say the same. Can you show me where I said Obama handled the border situation correctly?

Because I don't believe I have ever said anything of the sort. You are just making baseless assumptions. Silence on an issue does not mean someone condones it or agrees with it. Try to learn that lesson.
Again silence is deafening - please point me top all the posts where you condemn him and his concentration camps pre Trump.
I know you cant be politically motivated and or no hypocrite. I'll wait for those links.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: pramod

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Again silence is deafening - please point me top all the posts where you condemn him and his concentration camps pre Trump.
I know you cant be politically motivated and or no hypocrite. I'll wait for those links.
I literally just explained why there wouldn't be any such posts on Gaf (Obama wasn't president anymore) and just condemned him by saying Obama failed at handling the crisis at the border just like Trump is failing.

Not sure what else you want from me.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017

Because I don't believe I have ever said anything of the sort. You are just making baseless assumptions. Silence on an issue or not speaking out on an issue does not mean someone condones it or agrees with it. Try to learn that lesson. Also Obama wasn't even president when I made my Gaf account. So there wouldn't be any posts of me complaining about the border situation. But if you need me to say it then I will.

Barack Obama was just as bad as Trump when hit came to handling the humanitarian crisis along the southern border.

Does that help?
quick question what did you think about Hilary becoming the president?

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
I hope ssolitare is shot in the head and burned alive by ISIS the infidel and his body raped by a panda
You'd sooner kill yourself from all of the trigger happy woke movies you keep spazzing about, so at least I'll live longer than you. 😀

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
I don't know how anyone can stand Tim Pool at this point. He talks about how bad the democrats are everyday, but he says he'll never vote for Trump. The guy is an opportunist that panders to right wingers for views and they eat it up.

Reactions: Panda1

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I don't know how anyone can stand Tim Pool at this point. He talks about how bad the democrats are everyday, but he says he'll never vote for Trump. The guy is an opportunist that panders to right wingers for views and they eat it up.
He’s allowed to hate both Dems and Trump isn’t he? Nothing wrong with voting independent if you’ve thought it through.

Dunki

Oct 24, 2017
He is also an actual journalist..

Reactions: rockbottom12

pennythots

May 14, 2019
A lot of people here don't like Trump or Democrats, myself included.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Not hard for people with perceived independence from the two party system to attract an audience in the highly polarized media environment. I like Tim Pool because he seems to be reasonable and spends more time talking about the pros/cons of stories than his cable news counterparts (not that it's saying much) and that matters more to me than his political party of choice.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
He’s allowed to hate both Dems and Trump isn’t he? Nothing wrong with voting independent if you’ve thought it through.
He's not voting independent. He's voting Democrat in 2020, despite everything that he covers on a daily basis that proves its the wrong choice. In fact, him voting democrat, if we're going off of his political views that he States in his videos, is him voting against his own interests. But he's going to do it anyway.

Fuck Tim Pool. He's either a monumental idiot or a Democrat pandering to republicans to pay his rent.

Reactions: Panda1

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Because i don't go to Tim Pool for his opinions? I go for his coverage. He is good at separating those verbally. I agree with him on a couple liberty centric points and think he's absolutely wrong on a few others, and think he hasn't yet figured out some of the programs he wants are wholly antithetical to the liberty he fights for.

But none of that matters, because his journalism and coverage? On point.

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
Lol do you think I have my postings from three years back cataloged to pull out "here I said something against Obama"? If you are interested in negative comments about Obama I made, search in my posting history yourself, I am not your google-slave.
There's no need to search. Ive been reading GAF for a decade, there was never a single thread about immigration or deportations when Obama was President.

pennythots

May 14, 2019
There's no need to search. Ive been reading GAF for a decade, there was never a single thread about immigration or deportations when Obama was President.
????

Obama was called "deporter in chief" for years on this site.

crowbrow

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2019
I'm always amazed how people in the US call the other party far *something*. In all important matters both parties are 99% the same in the US specially in comparison to parties in other latitudes. Usually they distract the electorate fighting over superficial nonsense that has no real impact. But they are all the same pro war neoliberal corporate group of friends.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Obama gets away with a lot because he is generally a really professional, agreeable person, very charismatic, and most importantly, the media loved him. so they gave him an easy time. they were covering him doing playlists and going on Ellen and stuff instead of this. at the time i used to be on a leftist message board and would post things like Collateral Damage and people would shut me down, saying the war is "old news" and not his responsibility. they ignored so much shit because he was a cool dude.

it was the liberal establishment in power. time they spent flexing through culture rather than getting anything of substance done. if you watch the West Wing, they are basically horrible people, a corrupt administration with harassment, murder, etc. yet they were eloquent and witty, so it was cute and charming to most people. the actual policies of this much celebrated dream administration were a disaster. in fiction and real life Dems have done nothing for immigration in 30 years.

this is why they picked Hillary to run, and why they lost. nobody bought any of it, and many people were aware this shit has been going on for a while. this is why Trump won, functionally the Dems have been as useful to progressive causes as the Reps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tygeezy

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
You ever see the movie Tropic Thunder? RDJ ?

Well that was Obama. Trump was running an elaborate hoax for 8 years where he dressed himself in black face(remember he is a racist) and fooled the American public into voting him in. Thats why he and Biden (who is really Ivanka dressed as a man) allowed Russia to interfere in the election in 2016. All part of Trump and Putins plan. The long game baby.

Riven326

Mar 25, 2019
United States
Because i don't go to Tim Pool for his opinions? I go for his coverage. He is good at separating those verbally. I agree with him on a couple liberty centric points and think he's absolutely wrong on a few others, and think he hasn't yet figured out some of the programs he wants are wholly antithetical to the liberty he fights for.

But none of that matters, because his journalism and coverage? On point.
He reads news articles while giving his opinion. His opinion is often at odds with whatever the democrats are doing and yet, he's going to vote for one of them, probably Biden, in 2020, because "orange man bad".

If you just want news coverage, try reading the articles yourself. You do want Tim's opinion. Otherwise you wouldn't bother swimming through the ocean of cognitive dissonance that presents itself in every Tim Pool video.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
He reads news articles while giving his opinion. His opinion is often at odds with whatever the democrats are doing and yet, he's going to vote for one of them, probably Biden, in 2020, because "orange man bad".

If you just want news coverage, try reading the articles yourself. You do want Tim's opinion. Otherwise you wouldn't bother swimming through the ocean of cognitive dissonance that presents itself in every Tim Pool video.
I kinda like Tim at first when I fell down the Youtube rabbit hole, but after a while I came the realization you just wrote that he essentially reads articles. I mean he really isn't any different than a GAF thread. He finds an aritcle, "posts" it, and then makes some comments on it.

I think even calling him a "journalist" is a stretch at this point because he doesn't do any journalism. Pulling up various news websites and reading them isn't journalisim IMO. I think he did some good work with the covington stuff but since then its basically been read read read and give an opinion that is generally center/right.

Reactions: Tygeezy

Ol'Scratch

Feb 17, 2019
I can not believe they took that @ bait. I am not sure whether to be impressed or disgusted.

Super Mario

Nov 12, 2016
Summary of problem

- Liberals say there is no crisis at the border
- Trump wants a wall to slow illegal immigration
- Liberals say wall is a waste of money, mean, and not needed
- Detention centers are full because so many illegal immigrants pour over the unprotected border
- Liberals say people shouldn't be detained
- Liberals declare crisis at the border

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Summary of problem

- Liberals say there is no crisis at the border
- Trump wants a wall to slow illegal immigration
- Liberals say wall is a waste of money, mean, and not needed
- Detention centers are full because so many illegal immigrants pour over the unprotected border
- Liberals say people shouldn't be detained
- Liberals declare crisis at the border
you forgort
-centers operated under Obama
-Obama put kids in cages
-Obama deported more people than Trump
-Obama told migrants NOT to bring their children
-More people died on AVG under Obama's watch
-Orange Man Bad blame Orange Man for the problems we created.

Aintitcool

Banned
Sep 3, 2017
Vienna, Austria
This is an easy spin. They used a photo of a time when this was rare and uncommon and obama let journalist in and view the situation and was informed and on top of it.

Why is only a leaked foto from the trump era all we have ?

Here are trump photo's and released documentation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_administration_family_separation_policy

PS: During the obama era there were 0 child migrant deaths in custody BTW. So I think orange man definitely bad.***
" BBC.CO.UK
A 10-year-old girl from El Salvador died in US custody last year, a previously unreported case that brings to six the number of migrant children known to have died after being detained by border authorities in eight months.

The girl had a history of congenital heart defects and died in September at a hospital in Nebraska, officials say.

Her name, when and how she had entered the US have not been disclosed.

Meanwhile, Democrats have demanded an investigation into the deaths.

President Donald Trump has vowed to clamp down on illegal immigration at the US-Mexico border amid an increase in the number of people trying to cross the frontier in recent months.

He has repeatedly criticised Democrats for their opposition to his plans on immigration and declared a national emergency in February to bypass Congress and appropriate funds for a border wall.

What is known about this case?
The girl entered the care of an Office of Refugee Resettlement facility in San Antonio, Texas, in a "medically fragile" state on 4 March 2018, Mark Weber, a spokesperson for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), said in a statement. The HHS provides care to unaccompanied minors.

Following an unspecified surgical procedure, complications left her in a comatose state, he added. After her release from hospital in May, the girl was sent to a nursing facility in Phoenix, Arizona, for palliative care.

On 26 September, she was transferred to a nursing facility in Omaha, Nebraska, to be "closer to her family", Mr Weber said. She died three days later due to "fever and respiratory distress".

Officials are not required to announce the deaths to the public. This case marks the first death of migrant child in federal custody since 2010."

It's a terrible story and of course yall political hurt of people trying to explain yes trump is terrible. Let me join your crew.

ORANGE MAN GOOD! 9 years he took 0 migrant children deaths into recorded more than 12 ! That's a 120% INCREASE 12x the numbers of obama in dead children !!!

Literally there is only an increase of about 1.6x than the usual migrant numbers for the past 5 years according to USA's own stats. It is literally fake news your immigration crisis. Also el salvador was destabilized by the USA. The US dollar is the official currency of the USA because of it, now el salvador has people migrating. And dying for it.

Thanks obama ? or trump ? Nah thanks Nixon.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
PS: During the obama era there were 0 migrant deaths BTW. So I think orange man definitely bad.
Absolutely false.

Migrant deaths along the Mexico–U.S. border occur hundreds of times a year because of those attempting to cross into the United States from Mexico illegally.[1] The US Border Patrol reported 294 migrant deaths in the fiscal year 2017 (ending September 30, 2017), which was lower than in 2016 (322), and any year during the period 2003-2014. Exposure (including heat stroke, dehydration, and hyperthermia) were the leading cause.[2]

The group Border Angels estimates that since 1994, about 10,000 people have died in their attempt to cross border.[3] According to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, 7,216 people have died crossing the U.S–Mexico border between 1998 and 2017.[4] In 2005, more than 500 died across the entire U.S.–Mexico border.[5] The number of yearly border crossing deaths doubled from 1995 to 2005, before declining.[6] The statistics reflect only known deaths and do not include those who have never been found.[7]

Aintitcool

Banned
Sep 3, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Absolutely false.

Migrant deaths along the Mexico–U.S. border occur hundreds of times a year because of those attempting to cross into the United States from Mexico illegally.[1] The US Border Patrol reported 294 migrant deaths in the fiscal year 2017 (ending September 30, 2017), which was lower than in 2016 (322), and any year during the period 2003-2014. Exposure (including heat stroke, dehydration, and hyperthermia) were the leading cause.[2]

The group Border Angels estimates that since 1994, about 10,000 people have died in their attempt to cross border.[3] According to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, 7,216 people have died crossing the U.S–Mexico border between 1998 and 2017.[4] In 2005, more than 500 died across the entire U.S.–Mexico border.[5] The number of yearly border crossing deaths doubled from 1995 to 2005, before declining.[6] The statistics reflect only known deaths and do not include those who have never been found.[7]
Not false, as I quoted in US custody. Custody usually means they are in shelters have access to medicine, basic life treatment and so on. You know basic properties of detaining people.

those who died attempted crossing ? Legally not the USA's problem other than corpse clean up. Those in custody, are official in jail. And therefore their lives than are the USA's legal and moral obligation.'

I don't know is the whole point of the wall is so to ensure that those attempted crossings become more deaths on mexico's border ? So orange man still bad, as the wall will only cause florida to become the migrant spot or california . More dangerous travel.

You trump supporters are supporting a unicorn idea about immigration that will never exist unless you intend to remove all trade with mexico and disbane the free trade agreement.

Free trade causes immigration. Economy likes this actually and benefits off it long term. Any actually business men know this but not trump.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoshi