• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help I'm Bored! What are some good websites?

VN1X

Banned
Does anyone know of any good, interesting, funny, or otherwise quality websites? Could be just general news related or gaming, travel, tech, whatever really. I've come to realize that over the years my internet has gotten rather small and I mainly only frequent a handful of websites. I miss the days of the wild west, the new frontier where every URL could be something either completely depraved (rotten anyone?) or fascinating (break.com was an amazing inside look at US youth culture lol).

So hit me with your niche reddit communities, photography blogs, religious content, silly hobby stuff, video hosting sites, documentary webbies... anything (well, except for rotten-type stuff that is). I call upon thee GAF hivemind!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
geoguessr

Maybe this is just a 'me' thing, but when I'm on the toilet sometimes I'll do a game where I do America or world only, and I eliminate the ability to move and try to guess where I am based on the terrain, surroundings, architecture, foliage, etc. For America, I have to just guess the right state, and world guess the right country. It's difficult because you can be put on some random dirt road in the middle of nowhere, but I'm pretty good at it. I've gotten 5 out of 5 a bunch of times, and have actually learned a lot about the world and what kind of trees grow where and what looks like what, so much so where I've developed tells sometimes.

never heard of zombo, thought it was something like rotten.com

Resetera.com
YqBUyVS.jpg

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
If it was 10 years ago I would say cracked.com
I guess archive.org has the best of it by now
It really is. That website is a fucking disaster of shitty javascript that refuses to load these days. If you want to read anything you have to look at the web archive version of it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Reddit/Actualpublicfreakouts is always entertaining. Why just today there is a man yelling racial slurs at a cop and then saying of himself that black people can't be racist, as he continues to use racial slurs against an Asian police officer.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I guess reddit is the place to go now. Not a huge fan myself because there are so many posts on any topic. Kinda overwhelming.

Thats why slower paced like on forums like this is nice. I feel this forum is a bit too slow still tho. For example there isnt a topic on Tesla, while so many things are happening, like a big event this week.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
YouTube.com

MachRc

I usually check back every 5 months and get lost in it's pages. Can be NWS. Always interesting. Random Art , sex, Satan, photography. God, technology. Great photo board.

KielCasto

I’m not on Reddit anymore, but r/InteriorDesign and r/malelivingspace were nice to browse through.

You could also try watching zefrank on YouTube.

I really enjoy going to future timeline. I can read for hours about how the future of humanity will look like or could look like "if we don't destroy ourselves beforehand".

Tschumi

I had to stop myself from coming here to say "NeoGAF is aite", and now I've realised how extra that was i need to come here to tell you about it.

Tschumi

Seriously though, this is my king suggestion:

You get dropped in the middle of nowhere in Google Street view and have to guess your location, the closer you get the more points you earn.. i think my record was in the mid 20,000s...

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Don’t find a new website, find a new project or pick up a new skill. I usually go into build mode when I get bored. I start many things I don’t finish, but every now and then I learn or accomplish something amazing that completely changes my life for the better.

Top Bottom