• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help with PS4 Slim internal HD replacement

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a replacement HD for my son's PS4 slim... we're doing a "hand me down" type situation in my house. I got a ps5.. .my daughter got my PS4 pro, and now my son has the ps4 slim... however the slim now has an HD issue. I purchased a replacement from NewEgg thinking all ps4 internal HDs were created equal but to my dismay I popped the old HD out and it looks like the HD inside is like a mini HD or something?

I then started doing research and I guess the PS4 slim only takes a 2.5" HD but there's limitations on the thickness... I've already dropped $30 on a wrong sized HD with the shipping being the same cost as the freaking thing to send it back so I'm writing that off as a loss but don't want to make the same mistake twice and the internet has not been my friend with trying to ensure I don't fail on round two.

Can anyone recommend or drop a link to an HD that will fit inside this thing? Since he's only 10 I'm really only looking for a cheap replacement... can be either 500Gb or 1Tb. Thanks fam! :messenger_heart:

Top Bottom