• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Well then, two questions:

1. If I buy a new Vita for this, will I be able to get it to FW 3.60?

2. What level of emulators could this be expected to run?

You can turn your Vita to an OG Xbox? Amazing....

Good news, I might buy a Vita in the end.

Hhahah same. Until I can play PC Engine discs on my Vita, even the PSP never toppled the OG Xbox scene. Still so good.

Super excited to perhaps get some old arcade games yet unported running on this!

-shadow-

Great news! But how long until Sony works this out? They don't support the system anymore, bit for some reason are there like crazy like when the VitaTV whitelist was killed...

I'm getting the report screen: "an error has occurred.."
C2-12828-1

It's a fat ps vita.
Anyone else having thins? didn't find anything in here https://henkaku.xyz/usage/

The web browser crashes and an error report dialog appears AFTER “Welcome to HENkaku” pops up

Press “OK” and try again. If this happens more than three times in a row, you should reboot the system and try again.

God it's been a while since I've done anything like this since Wii. Do I just connect it to the FTP and just dump the roms and emulators in or do I need to put them in specific folders.

//DEVIL//

I need an advise from gaffers. My vita tv has an old firmware with the email hack that lets me play all ps vita games on tv. Is it worth the upgrade to 3.60 ?

Also. Is it possible go download the 3.60 and update it manually to a vita later in case song blocked this with a future firmware ?

joanot

Are you guys creating a dummy psn account to install this ? Im really excited about the homebrew possibilities of the hack but I have a ton of purchased content.

I'm guessing I am going to need a 64GB memory card and fast, and load it with all the games I want. Or is there a way to get into the download list with an outdated firmware?

I also hope their piracy prevention is effective, I'm worried about the future of the Vita, the indies may also stop making games for it if piracy grows too much :(

What are the average sales on this nowadays anyway. Not that piracy isn't awful but how much is there to lose for publishers? For Indies it will suck of course.

Why only for indies? It would suck for everyone. A loss is a loss

Sales have to be decent enough considering the amount of games still being released. Piracy would suck ESPECIALLY for games that don't sell big amounts in the first place.

I'm guessing I am going to need a 64GB memory card and fast, and load it with all the games I want. Or is there a way to get into the download list with an outdated firmware?

You can usually bypass and still get access to PSN on one firmware below the latest.

Otherwise you can download and transfer most Vita content through a PS3.

Those are, to my knowledge, the only options for a Vita not on the latest firmware.

Wanace

mGBA is .velf, which doesn't install, so it isn't working. Not sure if there is a .vpk file on the webpage? The Showcase links directly to that page, and I just chose the Vita Homebrew download.

I tried Vita Doom which installed but I have no Doom WADs so I couldn't play.

I'm outta time now but I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what I'm missing.

Have never tried emulation Before, but from what I understand you could get games like

NES
SNES
N64
GB
GBC
GBA
DS

PSP
PSV?

If so, how complete libraries, is there any Place where you can see which potential games they could emulate? Might try this after a month or so

Still plenty of PSV games I want to purchase, If I do this I guess i cant purchase any new PSV games hmm

I'm going to sound like a guy with a fixation as I already mentioned it for NX, but you know what would be awesome? Having a Vita version of Moonlight to run Nvidia's PC gamestreaming, essentially having PC remote play on Vita.

So right now only GenesisPlus is available as vpk, correct? Just tried it and it's neat, hopefully Retroarch and a lot of other emulators will soon be released as vpks :)

Chesskid1

Banned
yeah the GBA emulator isn't in the right format from the showcase link. you need .vpk format and it's in .velf, just tried.

just going to chill for now i suppose and watch the vita homebrew community grow.

Guess I'll try setting this up on my pstv later but I don't know how much use I'll get out of it since my internal memory card in the device is really tiny.

Lime

Fuuuuck I'm not home now until in middle of August and my vita is on 3.55

I hope Sony doesn't release a new firmware in the meantime :/

Is it possible to only upgrade to a specific firmware though?

oti

Banned
Why only for indies? It would suck for everyone. A loss is a loss

Sales have to be decent enough considering the amount of games still being released. Piracy would suck ESPECIALLY for games that don't sell big amounts in the first place.

I don't really play games on the Vita so when I say publishers I think more about Ubisoft etc. 😄

Of course it sucks for everyone.

I don't really play games on the Vita so when I say publishers I think more about Ubisoft etc. 😄

Of course it sucks for everyone.

Yeah for EA and Ubi it won't matter, they don't make games for it anyway :p The smaller guys like NISA would be hurt by it though.

Bittercup

I'm going to sound like a guy with a fixation as I already mentioned it for NX, but you know what would be awesome? Having a Vita version of Moonlight to run Nvidia's PC gamestreaming, essentially having PC remote play on Vita.
Oh, that's a great idea. I need this!

RalchAC

Fuuuuck I'm not home now until in middle of August and my vita is on 3.55

I hope Sony doesn't release a new firmware in the meantime :/

Is it possible to only upgrade to a specific firmware though?

You can download from PlayStation webpage 3.60 firmware and install the package offline at a later date. As long as you can download the firmware in a computer or something like that you shouldn't have any problem.

Well, still doesn't work for me, try everyone of your suggestions, I think I'll wait for a v1.0.1 or something like that.

Thanks anyway guys.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Do you think we'll see mame and fs/win uae running on vita? How much do you think we have to wait?

wrowa

Is this easily uninstallable? It can't hurt to try this while 3.6 is still the most recent firmware, but since my Vita library is 90% digital being able to use some emulators wouldn't make up for not being able to access the PS Store once an update hits.

Edit: Oh, this is not a permanent hack :3

Top Bottom