• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

L.O.R.D

Here it is,the big project...

The upcoming tool is a plugin called NoNpDrm and allows you to bypass DRM, respectively to share any digital games (inclusive additional content). It will also allow you to run Game Cards from MC/SD/USB.
You can call it Vitamin 3.0, however it is NOT a dumper.
Using the plugin, you can simply copy&paste any game from gro0:app/ux0:app and then install and launch them on other devices/accounts (provided HENkaku is installed). This is possible by using a fake license which will be generated by the plugin.
Unlike the previous dumpers, NoNpDrm assures you that the game is untouched and every game (<= 3.60) will be compatible.
This means that the way the game is installed and launched is pretty much official. For example game updates can simply be downloaded and installed from LiveArea.
People who can not activate their devices anymore, but still have games installed on their devices, will also benefit from this plugin: by getting a fake license from someone else, they will be able to play their games again.
The plugin will be available this month.

Ehh,not really interested in this,maybe for some PS1 games that's not available on NA PSN Luke crash and spyro,i would love to add them on Vita not adrenaline.

tl'dr:it's a pirate tools that works as drag and drop and generate fake license.

Now Sony will ban us.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Well, from what I'm seeing, it's a way to get to run games that require 3.60+ firmwares on HENkaku. That's cool. I'm getting a lot of Vita games on PS+ that I can't play on my Vita, even if I could access the PSN to begin with...

Edit: Wait, sorry. I understood that wrong. Eh. It's an OK feature nevertheless, I guess.

Well, from what I'm seeing, it's a way to get to run games that require 3.60+ firmwares on HENkaku. That's cool. I'm getting a lot of Vita games on PS+ that I can't play on my Vita, even if I could access the PSN to begin with...

Edit: Wait, sorry. I understood that wrong. Eh. It's an OK feature nevertheless, I guess.

So does it not allow 3.60+ games to run? Id love to play some of my newer carts

Athreous

Just installed the new adrenaline, which is great without a base game! but... which emulators are running ''almost" perfect on it?

I`d love to be able to use my ds games with the vita screen...

From what I've read, you want Adrenaline for PSP, PS1 and N64(Daedalus64). Everything else, Retroarch. Don't think the DS is properly emulated on the Vita.

Having a less finnicky dumper is big, if not now, then down the line when preservation becomes a meaningful topic of discussion. It's certainly not nothing. And if it's as easy to use as TN says, then I'll probably move towards it over Mai.
From what I've read, you want Adrenaline for PSP, PS1 and N64(Daedalus64). Everything else, Retroarch. Don't think the DS is properly emulated on the Vita.
You really don't want to bother with Daedalus for most titles.

Oh this is going to be so useful for me. I want to keep playing my PSN bought Vita games (and installed PS+ titles) on my now not-activated Oled but want to remain on 3.6

L.O.R.D

Anyone on ebay selling the sd2vita 2.0 in the UK? I did see one person but can't seem to remember what I typed in.
Don't get the version with smiley face on it,it will damage your Vita if you are not careful.
Wait for the new version that looks like the game card.

Is there a CPS2 emulator? I remember being impressed with the one for PSP.
Check this

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/

or this stable version

http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.6.7/playstation/vita/

Those are all the emulators for Vita,sorry i am too lazy.

L.O.R.D

AdrBubbleBooterCreator.png

https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/adrbubblebooter/vpkedition

now you can create any bubble for PS1 or PSP games in the live area.

Grabbed an OLED Vita with 16GB card yesterday for £10 on Facebook, had no charger with it and is a little beat up on the casing but screen perfect. Best of all it's running 3.51 so will keep my Lime Green 2000 for legit stuff and mess about with this OLED one.

VLiberty

I've been thinking for a lot of times about this, but is there an app on Henkaku for low-level formating?
some years ago I got scammed with a broken 16 gigs card and it would be great if I could finally make it work.

bonus question: there is no way SD2VITA is ever going to work with non-hacked systems, right? (I have a hacked PSTV and a legit Vita I'm not going to touch even if Henkaku gets 3.60+ compatibility)

Trace

Banned
bonus question: there is no way SD2VITA is ever going to work with non-hacked systems, right? (I have a hacked PSTV and a legit Vita I'm not going to touch even if Henkaku gets 3.60+ compatibility)

Correct. Henkaku is required for SD2Vita to work.

Mother of god. I would happily get a second Vita at twice that price, nice catch.

Yeah it's a little beat up and with no charger, so he was selling as untested. Fortunately the guy lived just around the corner from me so I grabbed within about 10 minutes of him saying he was selling. Was just a £10 gamble that paid off.

ooHJBOt.png

Joey Ravn

Banned
New article up on Wololo: Vita Reverse Engineering Leak (Cobra Blackfin) - Part 1.

It's mostly technical stuff that will be way over the head of most of us here, but the leaker promises "juicy" info down the road (if they don't come to terms with the Cobra Blackfin guys).

Edit: Adrenaline Bubble Booter updated to v0.2:

v0.2:
-Updated Icon0 Styles Names.
-Added LiveArea Template Styles PSPEMU\PSMOBILE.
-Added Support to Fetch and Fill Title and Image Fields from SFO\ISO\CSO\PBP files.
-Some Other Minor Improvements.

I want to try this app, but I don't get the "ms0:" path. I assume this is not compatible with SD2Vita used as uma0:, right? But I have no ms0: path on my Vita...

L.O.R.D

New article up on Wololo: Vita Reverse Engineering Leak (Cobra Blackfin) - Part 1.

It's mostly technical stuff that will be way over the head of most of us here, but the leaker promises "juicy" info down the road (if they don't come to terms with the Cobra Blackfin guys).

Edit: Adrenaline Bubble Booter updated to v0.2:

I want to try this app, but I don't get the "ms0:" path. I assume this is not compatible with SD2Vita used as uma0:, right? But I have no ms0: path on my Vita...

the ms0 is from the PSP
but it work the same in Vita
ux0:epspmeu/PSP/ISO/GAME

well,that's what i've been told.

Joey Ravn

Banned
the ms0 is from the PSP
but it work the same in Vita
ux0:epspmeu/PSP/ISO/GAME

well,that's what i've been told.

Thanks! I tinkered with it a bit and it worked just fine with my games on uma0:/pspemu/ISO. With the location set to ms0:/ISO/FFWotL.cso, my copy of FFT War of the Lions (with the slowdown patch) worked flawlessly.

L.O.R.D

The game card. In my case, SD2Vita mounted as a secondary memory card :)

isn't the game card gro0: ?

i don't have SD2Vita yet,but i really hope they fix the issue where you can only use 1memory card,i have 64 vita card and 64 microSD card,don't have the money to buy 128 yet.

A few of the comments suggested the unit they received came with firmware older than 3.60. Is there a safer way to ensure the Vita I get is compatible with homebrew?
The homebrew scene has taken over the update system for older firmware versions to some level, no? Last time I checked a guide the first thing was a guided update to 3.60.

So I have the Modsiah SD2VITA and a 64GB card. What's the best way to set this up now? There's been so many advances that I'm unsure of what to do. I have a 4GB memory card in there now, and would like most of the stuff on the SD card.

Which path is ideal for still having the memory card in there in case the adapter gives out at some point? I will likely get the 2.0 model when they're more widely available.

Sergiepoo

The homebrew scene has taken over the update system for older firmware versions to some level, no? Last time I checked a guide the first thing was a guided update to 3.60.
Based on what I've read, updating from an older firmware to 3.60 isn't a problem. However, buying a used or refurbished Vita is a crapshoot as far as what firmware you'll get, so it's very likely it could come with post 3.60 firmware, which can't be downgraded.

I ended up a ordering a new slim model. New Vitas should still come with pre-3.60 firmware. I'll find out once it comes later today (Amazon one-day shipping ftw!).

Edit: Nope. Came with 3.65. SO MUCH RAGE.

Joey Ravn

Banned
NoNpDrm released by TheFloW: --redacted link--

In a nutshell, NoNpDrm is there to take out DRM protection on the PSVita which means that all license checks are disabled for PSVita games. It can do the following:

Wololo article.

Edit: You know, since the main use of this app is for piracy, I won't be linking it directly here. I guess it's OK to talk about it in general terms, but I don't think providing download links is a good idea.

Top Bottom