• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

L.O.R.D

Any workaround to download our PSN games from the Playstation Store yet?
Not yet
Wait so npdrm would allow me to play an import game and it's dlc without having to change accounts?
Wait,what?
That was possible long time ago,the only difference now the dumps are encrypted like real game and it's easier to dump the game.
Whole other tools decrypt the game and dlc and updates.
BTW,what are talking about? You can get update on Japanese games very easy,but the dlc won't work because they are from different account region, however it doesn't matter now, because you can't download any thing now (only updates i think).

Is there an easy way to update vita to accept vita2sd for old people like me who still works with an old henkaku?

I used to use the sony memorycard but by using vita2sd I’ll loose that, right?

Joey Ravn

Banned
Is there an easy way to update vita to accept vita2sd for old people like me who still works with an old henkaku?

I used to use the sony memorycard but by using vita2sd I’ll loose that, right?

You have two options.

The first one
replaces the ux0: partition (the standard memory card to which everything is installed) with the SD2Vita.

The second option allows you to keep your memory card as ux0: and use the SD2Vita as uma0:, a secondary storage partition. You cannot use uma0: to install Vita games, but you can use it for PSP and PSX games for Adrenaline (and I think for RetroArch ROMs as well).

I'm using the second option, since I stuck a cheap 32 GB microSD into the adapter and I already have a 64 GB Vita memory card.

You have two options.

The first one
replaces the ux0: partition (the standard memory card to which everything is installed) with the SD2Vita.

The second option allows you to keep your memory card as ux0: and use the SD2Vita as uma0:, a secondary storage partition. You cannot use uma0: to install Vita games, but you can use it for PSP and PSX games for Adrenaline (and I think for RetroArch ROMs as well).

I'm using the second option, since I stuck a cheap 32 GB microSD into the adapter and I already have a 64 GB Vita memory card.

Yeah, general advice is to use the larger card as UX and smaller as UM.

I think retroarch has been updated to use UM for ROMs, they are usually fairly on the ball.

Joey Ravn

Banned
This has nothing to do with Vita hacking per se, but since is the de facto topic for Vita-related things...

I just Platinumed Hotline Miami, which I had started a few days ago. At first I was having a very hard time getting used to the Vita's tiny analog sticks. Aiming throwing weapons and firearms was a fucking pain in the ass. I was getting Cs and B-s on every level. Yesterday I got a cheap plastic Vita grip. Man, it man a day-and-night difference. Being able to hold the Vita like a regular controller (well, almost) was a game changer. A+s on all levels. I can only imagine that those fancy Hori remote-play-ready grips are amazing.

tl;dr: get a grip for your Vitas, people. They are well worth the investment, even if it's a few Eurodollars.

L.O.R.D

This has nothing to do with Vita hacking per se, but since is the de facto topic for Vita-related things...

I just Platinumed Hotline Miami, which I had started a few days ago. At first I was having a very hard time getting used to the Vita's tiny analog sticks. Aiming throwing weapons and firearms was a fucking pain in the ass. I was getting Cs and B-s on every level. Yesterday I got a cheap plastic Vita grip. Man, it man a day-and-night difference. Being able to hold the Vita like a regular controller (well, almost) was a game changer. A+s on all levels. I can only imagine that those fancy Hori remote-play-ready grips are amazing.

tl;dr: get a grip for your Vitas, people. They are well worth the investment, even if it's a few Eurodollars.

what kind of grip?

i have DreamGear grip which is silicon like grip
it's good but it's slippery

lEgv0TR.jpg

tZ73z6f.jpg

i also have rubber thumb stick which actually they are very good.

the bad thing about those thumbsticks they comes in a package with 6 different thumbsticks, so you have to buy another package to get the same kind of stick, but they are very cheap anyway.

41xiPBCKrkL._QL40_SX400_.jpg

Got my SD2Vita yesterday. Going to be nice to upgrade to 200GB but will kinda suck to have spent so much on a 64gb card and to have like nothing to use it for now.

I honestly think I'll be OK with my 32GB, at least for a while. At the end of the day there aren't that many big Vita games I own (or the ones I do own I don't care enough for to have on my memory card at all times). I mostly just want my Vita on Henkaku to have full PSP and PS1 support. I hated that US Vitas had limits to certain PS1 games (like Spyro or Crash) and that certain PSP games were never made available digitally (like X-Men Legends 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Crisis Core).

Someday I might get the SD2Vita just to have my full collection on it at all times, but for now I have so many games to play across so many systems it's hard to think about having such a large library at my finger tips, haha.
I have one of these.

616jVJX8MWL._SX425_.jpg

They are clunky and cheap, but they get the job done. Mine have a hole at the bottom for charging, though.

I've got that one along with another basic one and grip with R2/L2 buttons for the OG Vita (which I sold, so now I have a bunch of useless plastic grips, haha), and one of the R2/L2 grips for my Slim Vita.

I didn't find that any of them gave me the perfect grip i was looking for, unfortunately. I'm sure one is out there that I'd like, but I got tired of trying, and I honestly don't have that much trouble holding it naked, especially the Slim.

If I hack my pstv and dump my carts to a USB drive, is there any way to share the save with my up to date Vita?

Also is there a good place to get 64gb card that's not too crazy in price?

Joey Ravn

Banned
If I hack my pstv and dump my carts to a USB drive, is there any way to share the save with my up to date Vita?

Also is there a good place to get 64gb card that's not too crazy in price?

If PS+ save syncing is working (I have honestly not tried with a HENkaku Vita), you can use NoNpDRM backups. Saves are encrypted when they are uploaded to the cloud, so there's no compatibility issues if you download them in a HENkaku Vita.

With previous backup solutions, like MaiDumpTool or Vitamin, the save files were unencrypted locally and re-encrypted when uploaded to the cloud. So when you downloaded them again, they wouldn't be compatible with your games.

That's only if a Vita on 3.60 can still use PS+ functions, of course.

Slim chance, but have you heard of SD2Vita?

It would be for my Vita that is up to date.

If PS+ save syncing is working (I have honestly not tried with a HENkaku Vita), you can use NoNpDRM backups. Saves are encrypted when they are uploaded to the cloud, so there's no compatibility issues if you download them in a HENkaku Vita.

With previous backup solutions, like MaiDumpTool or Vitamin, the save files were unencrypted locally and re-encrypted when uploaded to the cloud. So when you downloaded them again, they wouldn't be compatible with your games.

That's only if a Vita on 3.60 can still use PS+ functions, of course.

My Vita wouldn't be hacked, only my PS tv would.

Joey Ravn

Banned
It would be for my Vita that is up to date.

My Vita wouldn't be hacked, only my PS tv would.

I know... that's what my explanation was for.

A PSTV is virtually the same as a Vita. If you want to transfer saves between them, what really matters is that both need to have the ability to use encrypted saves, and that is only possible if you're using NoNpDRM rips (since they are encrypted).

Picking up one specifically for homebrew today. Now just to hope that the glacier white is on 3.60 or lower.
Have an extra 32gb card for it as well but might order that sd card thingy.

Hey guys

I wanna upgrade my PSVITA and VITA TV, anything I should be aware of ?
Do I risk a ban if I upgrade them ? (I think Henkaku is still on it)
Thanks

Hey guys

I wanna upgrade my PSVITA and VITA TV, anything I should be aware of ?
Do I risk a ban if I upgrade them ? (I think Henkaku is still on it)
Thanks

Uninstall any fake activations, plugins, delete unsigned bubbles and such , then uninstall Enso if you're running it and you should be good. You're probably fine as long as you uninstall Enso and account activations but better safe than sorry.

L.O.R.D

Uninstall any fake activations, plugins, delete unsigned bubbles and such , then uninstall Enso if you're running it and you should be good. You're probably fine as long as you uninstall Enso and account activations but better safe than sorry.

what about app history?
like you run an retroarch app, won't that appear on the history of the vita?

Thanks, I was just using HenKaku and didn't have any fake activation/Enso and deleted my unsigned bubbles.

Looks like it went without a hitch.

You guys enjoy homebrew :)

So is nonpdrm a magic bullet for those of us whose systems are non activated?

I installed it on ux0, edited the config file, rebooted as per the instructions and was expecting my previously downloaded from PSN games to work normally. They all complained about needing to do a system activation. Is there any way around this? I'd hate to have to download nonpdrm stuff just to play legit games I should be entitled to.

lol dream is dead. the glacier white vita (my 3rd slim) is on 3.65 out of the box
The black slim Vita I got from Amazon was on a firmware that Henkaku works on.

I think I heard that the different colored Slims are the ones that are trickier to tell if they're on newer firmwares or not.

So is nonpdrm a magic bullet for those of us whose systems are non activated?

I installed it on ux0, edited the config file, rebooted as per the instructions and was expecting my previously downloaded from PSN games to work normally. They all complained about needing to do a system activation. Is there any way around this? I'd hate to have to download nonpdrm stuff just to play legit games I should be entitled to.

You need to be activated the first time you run games with nonpdrm to generate the fake license files that are then used to freely use them with different accounts / systems.

Sell your old ones then hit ebay and look specifically for one on 3.60.

The black slim Vita I got from Amazon was on a firmware that Henkaku works on.

I think I heard that the different colored Slims are the ones that are trickier to tell if they're on newer firmwares or not.

Can't sell the others I own as they're all used for reviewing/ games I own across regions etc.

I specifically wanted a glacier white matte finish model.

You need to be activated the first time you run games with nonpdrm to generate the fake license files that are then used to freely use them with different accounts / systems.

Thanks for the info. Ugh I'm screwed then and will just use this OLED vita to play cartridge games and emulators. Thankfully I have a second Vita (LCD) that is still activated which I will use my Vita2SD adapter with.

Any progress on bypassing the PSN activation issues on spoofed firmware?

I switched over to my SD2Vita SD card but a) neglected to backup by 64gb memory card and b) accidentally formatted my 64gb card. So at the moment I'm down to what I had on my PSTV, which is missing some Vita games + all my PSP/PS1 games.

Well I went digging for info about how far I could get with NoNpDrm and I found the Vita piracy is starting to get as stupid as 3DS piracy with people downloading stuff directly from Sony's CDN servers, manually decrypting the content, and loading that. Yuck.

It was super handy to be able to just copy content from Vita TV to Vita SDCard-to-SDCard but I bet I'm going to be in the super minority in using NoNpDrm for anything legitimate.

Anyway, I also found that hacking down to the lowest level (f00d) might be required to get activation working again. Blah.

Edit: also since it was stupid annoying to get around the vita exfat protections to try and hide the app folder, feel free to use this in cmd to remove that shit, where z:\ needs to be replaced with your drive letter.
Code:
attrib -h -s z:\*.* /s /D

Mitama

Does anyone have experience with both TN-X and Adrenaline? I know they both use Sony's emulator for PSX (POPS), but if I remember correctly some versions of Adrenaline introduced slowdown for certain games. This was fixed in later releases so I'm wondering if it's just as good as TN-X right now? I'd like to upgrade to Henkaku so I can use SD2Vita.

Does anyone have experience with both TN-X and Adrenaline? I know they both use Sony's emulator for PSX (POPS), but if I remember correctly some versions of Adrenaline introduced slowdown for certain games. This was fixed in later releases so I'm wondering if it's just as good as TN-X right now? I'd like to upgrade to Henkaku so I can use SD2Vita.
What games have slowdown?

Mitama

What games have slowdown?

It was pretty noticeable in Castlevania SOTN and FFIX, but it was a general problem. Here's a reddit topic talking about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/667fjt/adrenaline_4_introduces_frame_drop_in_ps1/.

That issue was apparently fixed in a later release though, so I'm wondering if there's still a difference between TN-X and Adrenaline from people who have used them both.

On another note, does Adrenaline have a fast-forward option for PSX games? TN-X does and it's very handy for fast-forwarding through saves/loading screens.

I got my sd2vita 3.0 today and the 128gb microsd holding the Vita Slim's internal 1gb data is not being recognized by the vita.

I followed the guide step by step and either the web browser method hangs on taihen or enso fails to notice it

Edit: Nevermind, I had to reload taiHEN config.txt in the settings menu

Top Bottom