• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here are Capcom Online Games' 13 game announcements (Social/Mobile/Online/Garbage)

zroid

Banned
BoF6... oh lawd

at the very least they could've billed it a spinoff/sidestory. this is just kicking a dog while its down.

ash_ag

I hope we get HQ art assets of all Street Fighter X All Capcom characters. Just look, it's Sissel:
guDa06t.png

That's what it is with big-name social games. They generally suck, but at least they have great assets to be enjoyed, be it music, illustrations or other things like that.

Raitaro

Even though all of this sucks, let's at least hope that these iOS games can bring sime much needed attention to BoF, Onimusha and other more obscure Capcom characters and franchises. Heck, at some point they might even bless us with a 3DS/Vita port of these games...

Crap, even I can't truly spin this into a positive thing and convince myself it'll be fine! Capcom, I beg of you to please stop sumo stomping on my hopes and dreams. They are adequately crushed already and I still need the leftovers to keep my sanity intact.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
street fighter x all of capcom actually piques my interest.

unlike most in this thread, focusing on iOS doesn't instantly come off as a negative.

friggin babies.

Link1110

Umm... Monster Hunter Frontier G and a Taiwanese version count as two different announcements?

Code name: Rio? Breath of Fire 6?
You leave viper and BoF out of this

Degen

You know what?

I don't think I want them to make a new Dino Crisis anymore :(

Or Rival Schools, or Darkstalkers, or anything at all, ever

Toad.T

Banned
Is it considered port-begging if I want an ios game to be released on android devices? Because that Capcom Vs Capcom thing, regardless of it being a cardgame (I think?) looks HAWT.

Just want to know my limits here.

Qurupeke

1. Monster Hunter Fronter G for PS3
2. Monster Hunter Fronter G for WiiU
3. Monster Hunter Frontier G for Taiwan
6. Monster Hunter Mezapolta Reclaimation for Browsers
8. Monster Hunter Big Hunting Quest for iOS/Android
10. Monhun Everyday Airu Life for iOS
So many MH and all of them suck... Also, lol every MHFG version is a different game.

denshuu

That Breath Of Ragnarok Online news is kind of a bummer. But if I can play Nobunaga's Ambition on my tablet, I'm going to do that. Will buy it at a high price. No shame.

Glass Rebel

Out of the bunch, Euro Historia looks like the only legitimately interesting one so of course it's for browsers...

I hear MHF isn't that good but I haven't played it myself.

Nerokis

Man fuck this mobile gaming phenomenon, depressing to see one my favorite gaming companies to put their efforts into things like this..

Don't blame mobile gaming. Blame Capcom.

Creatively bankrupt. Desperately pursuing the lowest hanging fruit. No vision. Overly relying on brand recognition, only to dilute the brand. Alienating their fans at every turn, only to gain incredibly little.

It doesn't have to be this way.

Don't blame mobile gaming. Blame Capcom.

Creatively bankrupt. Desperately pursuing the lowest hanging fruit. No vision. Overly relying on brand recognition, only to dilute the brand. Alienating their fans at every turn, only to gain incredibly little.

It doesn't have to be this way.

This is true.

A mobile game doesn't immediately HAVE to mean a lazy, no effort piece of crap.

That just seems to be what capcom & squenix seem to think it should mean

Doesn't that just beat all?

pulga

Banned
This is why I hardly give a fuck about gaming anymore.

I hate the bullshit it's become.

I feel bad for the newer generations.

vg260

How about bringing Phoenix Wright Android version to the US?

Anyway, I don't think these preclude console development or are in leiu of console titles, so it if helps them financially which could lead to more risks elsewhere, fine.

Linkhero1

Capcom has went down the drain. I don't think I've bought a Capcom game since either Dead Rising 2 or RE5. How terrible.

Nymphae

Banned
I don't have a problem with companies making IOS games, but do they not realize how much a game like SF x All Capcom would sell on consoles/portables? Trying new things is great, but know who your fans are and where they play. I love SF, and will probably not be playing this shit on IOS.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
In a perfect world that Capcom crossover game would be a fighter that wouldn't be... meh... like Fighting Evolution/Jam.

...this is their answer to their dwindling profits huh?

Top Bottom