• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here are some gorgeous new screenshots from the Goldeneye 64 fan remake in Unreal Engine 4

CyberPanda

Banned
The team behind the Goldeneye 64 fan remake in Unreal Engine 4, Goldeneye 25, has released some new screenshots from it. These screenshots showcase some of the weapons, the environments, and the new guard 3D models that the game will feature.

As its title suggests, Goldeneye 25 is a fan-made remake of the classic Goldeneye 007 Nintendo 64 game. The team is using Unreal Engine 4 and aims to remake the game’s entire single-player campaign.

Now the good news here is that Nintendo has not sent the team any C&D letter yet. The team is creating new custom assets and is not using anything at all from the Nintendo 64 version. Since Goldeneye Source, a multiplayer fan game based on that game, got released a while ago, I’m pretty optimistic about this project.

Unfortunately, there is no ETA on when this project will enter its beta phase. Moreover, the team has not announced whether it will release any playable tech demo for it. So yeah, there is a small chance that this remake may get canceled. Still, and since its team has been working hard on it, I’m a bit optimistic.
From what we know so far, Goldeneye 25 targets an August 2022 release. This basically means that the team will have around three years – from now – in order to complete it.

pS64QXm.jpg

dISclWn.jpg

JyLJ4Mn.jpg

ZBG3JLt.png

RrBgRZ9.png

lZeHQBl.png

7cgpnQN.jpg

qCppAHq.jpg

UOpOIn7.png

unyLKI5.png

Orenji Neko

That looks fantastic, would absolutely love to play this. Seeing the August 2022 proposed release comes as a bit of a downer since these screenshots really instill the desire to play this right now. I'm hoping they see this entire thing through and we get to play it in a couple of years.

Cravis

I echo the sentiments that this looks good.

What bums me out is that now Nintendo and Microsoft have a good relationship no one has the Bond game license. If I recall when MS had the remake ready to go Acti, who had the gaming license for Bond, was on board but Nintendo said no. I bet Nintendo would be game now but it’s just not worth it to MS to obtain the Bond license just to release a remake.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I never understand the point of these projects. People who played it back then, want to play it as vanilla as it was back then and people who never played it don't give a shit

If it looked like every other shooter, it would have obnoxious lens flare, god rays and dirty lens. These graphics look clean though I would really like to see it in motion.

Shagger

Banned
This is awesome. It's only a matter of time before some cooperate prick hits the big red button and blows this up, but still... Awesome.

Mattyp

Gold Member
i mean it was awesome back in the day but does anyone expect it to hold up?

It doesn't hold up the controls feel like a wavy crap shoot now, if Nintendo ever came to the table with Microsoft honestly they would have to redo the entire control scheme for modern controllers.

Great game made even better. Goldeneye was fairly mind-blowing when it came out. Sure, PCs were getting their 3DFX steroid fixes, but to see this running on a console was magical - the missile silo particularly stands out in my mind.

Top Bottom